VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey!

New guy here!

My Story? Okay, I'm glad you asked!

I've been needing to quit smoking for a while now, as I had a pretty bad heart attack a couple years ago. Can't quit. Like it too damn much.

So... I tried the V2 ecigs. They're crap. So, I try Copenhagen. Like it, but it grosses too many people out. Not that I care, but I work in sales, so I can't really dip at work. So back to the stinkies I go...

Okay, can't smoke - heart attack, remember? So I try the Blu starter kit for $35.00. Okay, well it's okay, I guess. But it still sucks. Eventually go back to the stinkies.

Got the V2 again, after reading some decent reviews. Liars. Anyway, stick to it for a couple of months, with a stinkie here and there just 'cuz I like 'em. So, $30+/week is gettin' kinda 'spensive for me (low paying crappy sales job). My sister's BF uses a "custom" vape setup, so I check it out. $50 for the basic setup, and about $20/month for the juice. WHAT??? I'm paying $120+/month for crap, and the "good stuff" is cheaper???

SO... Today I go out and buy the ARO Winder kit from MadVapes with 50ml of wintergreen 24mg juice for $70...

Holy Crap! What a HUGE difference!!! So, now I'm looking to maybe get a better/bigger tank, and upgrading my setup a bit every week or 2.

And I really don't crave the stinkies at all with this new setup!

Anyways, I'm glad to be here amongst you fine Vapers!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Glad to have you here.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU and the world of proper vaping. Glad you persevered. Those V2 reviews are paid fakes, They spend a fortune on SEO online marketing.

So much vaping fun in your future, you won't miss the stinkies.

Flik Flak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome! You'll find all sorts of useful information here, and some mighty fun folk.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad you're sticking with vaping. The V2, Blue, those cig-alikes are garbage. When I started vaping the Blue wasn't even a thought yet. Cheap Chinese cig-alikes got me to make the switch to an automatic battery and cartomizer (old school), then onto an ego T Tank kit. I've been off the stinkies since Jan 2011 and don't miss them, even a tiny bit.

Welcome to Vu, you'll like it here. Lots to read and plenty of stuff to do.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So, it's now Saturday morning, and I'm enjoying my first truly satisfying vape with my morning coffee. I've arrived.

:) :) :)

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome! The only thing I might add is 24mg nic strength is pretty strong even for a hardcore smoker. You could cut that in half now and I bet you wouldn't notice a difference. When you start getting headaches it'll be from the 24mg juice.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome! The only thing I might add is 24mg nic strength is pretty strong even for a hardcore smoker. You could cut that in half now and I bet you wouldn't notice a difference. When you start getting headaches it'll be from the 24mg juice.
Not necessarily Ray...I was a 2+ pack a day smoker of reds for 33yrs...I was a heavy drawing, hot boxing, cig mangling smoker...I think that qualifies as hardcore...I started vaping at 18mg....just wasn't enough to satisfy my cravings...my mod was always in my mouth like a baby's binky...I moved up to 24 mg and that all stopped...you may or may not be right in this case, but in helping many lifelong smokers switch to vaping, I've found that 18 to 24 is normally a good starting point for new vapers to begin at (unless they were only smoking a half pack of ultra lights a day) and then go up or down depending on the results...

Edited to add...sub-ohm dripping and using some of the new subohm tanks are a different ballgame...drop the nic...lol

Last edited:

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks, Ray. I like the 24mg because, like Spike, I was (am) a hardcore nicotine user already. Not just the stinkies. I would do rather large amounts of Copenhagen Wintergreen because I craved the nicotine. I'm glad I got the 24, though. I was gonna get the 36, but didn't know just how much that would affect the flavor so I decided the 24mg would be a good starting point and go from there. For me, it was all about the nicotine, not the delivery system. But,. I'm extremely satisfied with this starter set I bought, and will probably be doing some upgrades in the near future.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I quit smoking and started vaping. I started at 24mg/ml. It wasn't my intention to quit. I just got vape gear cuz my wife wanted to quit. She had been trying for years and was pretty much afraid to try as felt doomed to failure. I figured I would make it easier for her and only vape around her. I started vaping and 2 days later realized I hadn't lit up a smoke. Absolutely no desire for one. Never had one since. I believe that with the right gear and right nic level it can be fairly easy to quit. I got my first kayfun and turned green after a couple of hits. Dropped my nic to 12 mg/ml. Point being your body is expecting a certain level of nic and if it is met the desire to lite up is suppressed. Finding the right nic level for the gear you use and balancing that with the hand to mouth addiction is tricky.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Glad that you have joined us!

Nicotine does not affect the flavor as much as what we call Throat Hit, that sensation you get at the back of your throat when you inhale.

The more nicotine, the more throat hit.

Since you like mint type flavors, try Jungle Juice from Bulk E-Juice.

http://bulkejuice.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=97

And by the way, with vaping nic enters your system mostly through the soft tissues of your mouth rather than via your lungs.

And before I forget, drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated as vaping will dehydrate the tissues in your mouth until you get a condition referred to as "Vapers Tongue" where you can't taste ANYTHING!

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am on the high nicotine camp too. Start high with low watts, quit smoking for a few months, get your house car and clothes in order, and then worry about nicotine. People who didn't smoke 100s in 2-3 minutes may think 24 is high, and it is if you are burning through 15+ ml a day but quit smoking not nicotine should be the goal.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a vape shop talk my friend into low nic juices and he still smokes. I started at 24 and smoked 4 cigarillos Feb 14 at a concert when all my batteries died. Other than that smoke free since December 10 or so.

Dynodave

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Same story here started on 18mg,now after 3 months of vaping,Iam all about the flavour,never been into tobacco flavour I now down to 3mg also have quite a lot of 0mg,the flavour difference in the very low mg is beautiful
Davo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smoothdraw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I too, started at a low 6mg level- wasn't enough to satisfy the craving. Went to 24mg, started getting the nic hics (nicotine hiccups), dropped to 12mg, and it's been smooth sailing ever since for 6 weeks. Welcome to the arena.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Glad vaping is helping you quit. I was a pack a day for 15 years and thankfully dodged the major health concerns to this point. Let all of us know if you need support staying smoke free! I found that the hobby filled as much of the void as the nicotine in vaping did!

JamesD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry to hear about the heart attack and very glad to hear you're getting relief now.

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU!

Honestly, the crappy small pen 'starter packs' have done more of a disservice for promoting vaping.

Proper regulated mod and solid tank doesn't set you too far back if you order from China (FT)

Grab some extra coils and away you go !

Just don't buy cheap juice. No idea where people source the materials from, or the quality control.

Went DIY mainly for that reason. That and I'm looking into many botanicals to use in future product lines :)

Jasen

Member For 5 Years
CC, I started on those V2 crap sticks as well, but hey it was enough to get me to do some research and here we are off the coffin nails.

Keep at it brother

VU Sponsors