Become a Patron!

Honeydew Melon Torte

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks good, always on the search for recipes involving lesser-famous flavors, like Honeydew :)

To you, or anyone else reading - how does CAP's Honeydew compare to the one featured here, substitution-wise?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looks good, always on the search for recipes involving lesser-famous flavors, like Honeydew :)

To you, or anyone else reading - how does CAP's Honeydew compare to the one featured here, substitution-wise?
That’s what I have.....you would probably have to up the percentage. FA is stronger, in general. I don’t know about flavor-wise. Probably gonna try it. I’m on a self imposed flavor time out, so I gotta work with what I have. Unless @Daintanee disagrees vehemently?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have both honeydew melon flavors. I really like JF's bc it is so concentrated and brighter tasting. Compared to JF Cap's tastes muted to me. I was working with Capella's before I got the JF Honeydew trying to make this. It was difficult trying to balance the flavors. If you are going to shake n vape it I'd start out at 1.5% and taste it fresh on a dripper. I always start low, and slowly up it. I 'll go through my notes and check out what I used Capella's honeydew % at in my recipes.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep around 1.5-2.0% was good for me,but I used some lemon and custard in it, but never got it quite where I wanted it to post. If you try it let me know how it goes with the caps Honeydew and the % you used. Just curious. TY guys.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have both honeydew melon flavors. I really like JF's bc it is so concentrated and brighter tasting. Compared to JF Cap's tastes muted to me. I was working with Capella's before I got the JF Honeydew trying to make this. It was difficult trying to balance the flavors. If you are going to shake n vape it I'd start out at 1.5% and taste it fresh on a dripper. I always start low, and slowly up it. I 'll go through my notes and check out what I used Capella's honeydew % at in my recipes.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info...don't have any JF's, guess those are the NEXT order.....:)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

VU Sponsors