Become a Patron!

Hookah / Shisha smoker needs advice!

Hello everyone,
I'm a daily hookah smoker. I know everything about hookahs, shisha molasses and nothing about "e-cigarettes".

Every hookah smoker likes:
1. Big clouds
2. Easy pull
3. Rich flavour
4. Cold smoke
5. Mild taste
6. Long smoking sessions

My favorite shisha flavor, which i smoke daily is Al Fakher GRAPE. Sometimes i mix grapes with a little bit of mint.

I'm waiting for my first e-cig to arrive. It's
Wismec RX200 base and OBS Crius RTA (v3) tank.

Question No. 1
What e-juice would work best for me? Brand, specification, etc...

Future question No. 2
What settings should i set on Wismec RX200 and what kind, size of coils i should put on OBS Crius RTA

Thank You!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd look for Shisa flavors in juice, my personal fav is Raspberry, but I make it myself. There are lots of Shisha flavors out there. Starbuzz is one of the ones I used to get. The settings on your RX200 are dictated by the build in your tank. Once you get it and build it, let us know and we can help more.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
+1. I know nothing about e-shisha, but I do know it's available. That's good gear you ordered.

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
For what it's worth, the Crius or any RTA is really not a topper for a beginner. Fortunately, I believe that the crius comes with a coil or two, but unless you purchased all of the necessary items for building your own coils and simply left it off this list, you are quickly going to be shit out of luck and possibly in over your head.

Let me be clear: people here can help you build coils and some newbies want to get straight to it. That's fine (more fine with a regulated mod, anyway) but even in those cases, nothing rebuildable is truly meant for the brand new vaper. As you are a hookah smoker, perhaps you're also a tinkerer. But that doesn't change the fact that RTAs are fundamentally advanced devices.

Some places sell premade coils meant to be installed in rebuildables (at a pretty large markup).

In a perfect world, a brand new vaper shouldn't even be subohming. But I realize that's a somewhat outdated view of a super old school vaper and it's 2016 and we've passed that point for better or worse. Fortunately, regulated mods have provided an extra degree of safety. However, if you're going to jump straight into subohming, it should be with a tank that allows for premade coils IMO. The chances that someone has done all of the necessary research required to rebuild before even receiving their first e-cig seems somewhat slim to me. Without being a catastrophist, there is a lot that can go wrong.

Just my 2c: get a subohm tank like a Kanger Top Tank, Aspire Triton, Soon-to-be-released Kanger Protank 4 Evolved, Uwell Crown or Rafael, etc. There are tons. Save the Crius for when you are ready, which may be soon but is probably not now.

Some companies make devices that are meant to be attached to an actual hookah and move through the entire base and hoses like the smoke would normally, without using tobacco. This might be something you would be interested in. Also, I don't know if you've ever tried vapor stones or whatever different brands call them, but that might be a way to continue to use the hookah without tobacco. They're basically stones soaked in eliquid and they're actually OK. I think they require one of the bowls with a raised center and raised ventholes though; I forget what that type is called... been a while.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RTA's are not really recommended for newer vapors*.
My advice is to get a big sub-tank like the Atlantis Mega and at least 1 pack of Triton/Atlantis Clapton coils.

*If you really want to jump in and get an RTA/RDA please learn Ohm's Law first...Safety first!

Dominic_Joseph

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone,
I'm a daily hookah smoker. I know everything about hookahs, shisha molasses and nothing about "e-cigarettes".

Every hookah smoker likes:
1. Big clouds
2. Easy pull
3. Rich flavour
4. Cold smoke
5. Mild taste
6. Long smoking sessions

My favorite shisha flavor, which i smoke daily is Al Fakher GRAPE. Sometimes i mix grapes with a little bit of mint.

I'm waiting for my first e-cig to arrive. It's
Wismec RX200 base and OBS Crius RTA (v3) tank.

Question No. 1
What e-juice would work best for me? Brand, specification, etc...

Future question No. 2
What settings should i set on Wismec RX200 and what kind, size of coils i should put on OBS Crius RTA

Thank You!
Hi Belamor, congrats on your first setup! Are you looking to stop smoking shisha and stick to vape or will you use both?
The mod that you purchased is a great device...It's a little advanced for a beginner but the learning curve isn't too much I'm sure you will be fine.

As far as the Crius tank goes....make sure you have a knowledge of electronics and what your building. An RTA like the Crius is a fantastic option although it requires the skill of building.

Check out some of these flavors;
Taffy Man GR8APE is a great Grape Flavor
Taffy Man B1G APL is a great Apple Flavor

This online vape shop has a great selection and affordable prices for big bottles.

You can find them at this e cigarette shop

Good Luck let us know what you grab!

I was in the same boat you were a month ago, an on and off shisha smoker until last month I just couldn't take it any more as I started feeling sick after shisha sessions so I switched to Vaping.

I am now a proud owner of the releux rx200 and the smok H-Priv as mods.
For tanks I have the smok tfv4 and uwell crown.

You need to read read read and read.

What works for me as a good combination is the tfv4 with tf-q4 coils and H-Priv at 80to90W.
The rx200 with crown and dual 0.25 coils also 60-80w is fine.
Both Closest to shisha but of course not the same but good enough.

I recently am Vaping Nasty Juice blackcurrant and also mango which both have Mint taste.

When I used to smoke shisha my usual was grape mint so the nasty juice was perfect.

Enjoy your switch to vaping and don't look back.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i used to smoke hookah, but now i only vape. for big clouds i reccomend and RDA, its pretty simple to learn, i just started building recently. i do a 10 wrap 24 guage micro coil. i used a Fuchai 200w by Siegeli. so an RX200 will do anything you want. and i run it at 110-115 watts. a local shop will be able to build it for you if you have the right guy.

my RDA, a Turbo V2 by Tobeco, a pretty simple RDA, will pretty any hookah to shame.

for grape i reccommend Grape White by Lost Art

VU Sponsors