Become a Patron!

Hope no one pre-ordered the VTbox200 DNA200

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might have a DNA200 in it, but $160 for this is crazy, this is why I stick to cheap shit, at least not out of too much money if goes wrong.

Just watch the video to see what I am talking about

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aesthetically it's a gorgeous mod, but I would be pissed if they told me to glue it back together.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aesthetically it's a gorgeous mod, but I would be pissed if they told me to glue it back together.

Need plenty of superglue, have to do that 510 connection every month, and then have to glue the magnets in yourself too lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Honestly it wouldn't take much to do a permanent fix or swap the button, but It would probably void the warranty on the board.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Honestly it wouldn't take much to do a permanent fix or swap the button, but It would probably void the warranty on the board.

And you shouldn't have too for the price, I buy something for $50 then don't expect it to be perfect, but spend $160, don't expect the 510 held on by glue and magnets falling out nearly straight away, shame as it does sure look sexy, but that is it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, at one point it was 117$ and at that price point for the board being 'preinstalled' and batteries I can see making it right. ---of course if it were sold, imagine of they just sold it as a kit "some assembly required"
Either way, I agree to buy anything that needs to be fixed after it comes out the box would piss me off. Especially if the modder said to use elmers

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
wow, looks like a piece of crap from that video. $160 piece of crap.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup more reason to enjoy my ipv3li and my sig 75 for a while longer and wait for some quality dna200 boxes to come out....I have a feeling we're about to be attacked by them, but it's going to be hit or miss, sad thing is the people that get this kinda of stuff will be good for those waiting but man if I just got that box and they told me to glue it you better believe I would make it my quest to let everyone know not to buy it, imagine how much business they will lose from that vid alone......

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's crazy ! Oh well after that statement and video I don't think anyone here will be buying that !

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's crazy ! Oh well after that statement and video I don't think anyone here will be buying that !

I pre-ordered one @ $120 and although not happy with the way they designed / installed the 510 everything else can be easily resolved. I'm not canceling the pre-order because I hope that's all the problems it will have. So if it's a turd it'll be floating it's way to me over the next few weeks. :) Realistically there haven't been any mass produced DNA 200's released that haven't been plagued with issues that I'm aware of. Opus blow fuses as well as many other DNA 200 mods, Hana have shitty 510 connectivity (resistance floating all over) and their pinching the ribbon cable to the lcd. I'm sure these mod makers will resolve these issues over time but for now there just isn't many without some major problems from what I'm reading.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me I wouldn't have a problem fixing those two things. But for the price you shouldn't have to do that.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I almost and I mean almost bought the discounted white ver but because it was coming from Gearbest I said fuck all that and moved on.

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I pre-ordered one @ $120 and although not happy with the way they designed / installed the 510 everything else can be easily resolved. I'm not canceling the pre-order because I hope that's all the problems it will have. So if it's a turd it'll be floating it's way to me over the next few weeks. :) Realistically there haven't been any mass produced DNA 200's released that haven't been plagued with issues that I'm aware of. Opus blow fuses as well as many other DNA 200 mods, Hana have shitty 510 connectivity (resistance floating all over) and their pinching the ribbon cable to the lcd. I'm sure these mod makers will resolve these issues over time but for now there just isn't many without some major problems from what I'm reading.

The unit in the video might just be a Test/Sample/Prototype. Todd also posted a quick look and he was not facing any problems like this.

I thought about getting that one ,,i really like the looks of it also

but that 1800mah built in killed it for me , lucky me

It is a LiPo battery which run at higher voltages. So 1800mah is actually greater than you'd expect.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Easily fixed with epoxy and it will never come off again. Glad I got the $117 deal Joe had for the hcigar vt200 only 23 days till it ships supposedly......

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Johnny B

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Great vid! I'm not surprised ast the quality of the mod. Seems like too many company's are rushing to get their product out, just to try and see how much money they can get before their short falls start showing up. For about the same amount of money spent, I could build an outstanding mod myself that would perform just as well.
That's why I'm saving my nickels and dimes for a SXmini.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
it is still a fixed,built in battery
Not really. You can buy your own lipo battery and attach the conector to it and just plug it in. I'm glad this mod isn't sealed like the opus is, I had bought it and then cancelled my order when I saw that it really wasn't in stock. But having access to the battery with out voiding the warranty is what made me choose this mod over any other I've seen

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
it is still a fixed,built in battery
You can just buy a lipo that has or install a Deans mini connector on it and use that...Its not Fixed and can be swapped out...

I think the 510 is a very simple fix....a quick hit with a dremel on the contacting surfaces under the 510 and a dab of JB Weld and the problem will never arise again...Out of all the DNA200 mods that have issues I think this one has some of the least amount of issues.

Just posted fromVapnFagan 26 minutes ago
Ok do......I was messaged by Vape Cige right after this video ( go figure ) that the one they sent me (the red-black version) is known to have issues (then why did they send it for review?) and that the newer version (the white-black version) has a updated 510 connection and is press-fit not glued into place. They are sending me a updated device and i will do another video on that one to update everyone.. I am just passing on what Vape Cige has told me to you guys/gals... Still, I don't understand why they would send the Red-Black version to me for review if they KNEW it had issues.. Makes no sense..

Last edited:

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If they drop the price on this to offset the issues it has, It could be a nice item when the end user fixes the few issues it has.

burn done

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All new versions will have push fit 510s and anyone with a broken earlier version can return it for an upgraded version.

Bow2King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thats crazy i was contemplating between this and the VS, guess i know where my $$$ is going!!

Eric Auer

Member For 4 Years
If I was to go with a DNA 200, I think by far the Lavabox would be it, $170.
http://www.volcanoecigs.com/lavabox.html

11836776_1159043910776098_1479511116269672545_n.jpg

Eric

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im still waiting to see these be released and tested before I buy a DNA200 Mod:
Litt Up Customs The 44
Dogmods Big Bully V2
Protovapor XPV DNA-200D
SteamMonkey Vero DNA 200
Hana Modz V200
Hcigar VT200
Volcano Lavabox

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Smart move on there part... I'm still staying at or below 200$ on a DNA

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I believe the manufacturer pulled all the devices to fix them with a "pressfit 510" based on their public statement and delay of shipments from all the vendors I've seen.
Statement-about-issue-001-745x1024.jpg

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
WTH, why does every Chinese manufacturer insist on a photo or worse yet video of a mistake they made. They admit guilt, know from serial numbers if the owners device is affected. Just fix it or replace it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Its kind of sad:

Maybe its to make people think.
Your taking a picture with your phone or camera made in china of a faulty mod made in china and sending the photo with a computer or tablet made in china to get the company in china replace the mod made in china with another mod made in china.

And im in America eating Chinese food right now made in America.

I need help

VU Sponsors