Hopefully I’ll make it...lol

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU! And anything we can do to help, just shout it out!
I had a tough time too, but after I finally got my nicotine level up there comparable to smoking, I said BYE BYE to cigs and no regrets! Don't give up!

My hardest thing was finding a juice that I liked I’m currently on Revolution Vape Teardrops at 6mg which is low for someone to start at. I just can’t handle the TH of anything higher any recommendations to cure the TH problem?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Higher VG content usually = less throat hit, but the quality of the nicotine in the juice is a factor as well, and you have no way of knowing that when you purchase from a shop or online. Cheap ingredients will cause a strong throat hit, so will oxidized nicotine. And sometimes with higher nicotine content you're gonna get a big throat hit anyway. I started on 30mg, believe it or not. But it was the only thing that made me stop craving cigarettes. I gradually worked down from there.
It can be tough, no joke. I envy people who pick up a vape and instantly stop smoking. I wasn't one of them. It took a lot of adjustments in fluids and hardware to find my "sweet spot," but I was determined. And that's a large part of it too. I just had to get it in my head that this was the way it was gonna be, and made myself pick up the vape when I started craving. I made sure it was the only option I had. Mindset can be everything some days.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard and don’t beat yourself up important thing is your giving it a good go, some folks take a good while to transition fully :cheers:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Higher VG content usually = less throat hit, but the quality of the nicotine in the juice is a factor as well, and you have no way of knowing that when you purchase from a shop or online. Cheap ingredients will cause a strong throat hit, so will oxidized nicotine. And sometimes with higher nicotine content you're gonna get a big throat hit anyway. I started on 30mg, believe it or not. But it was the only thing that made me stop craving cigarettes. I gradually worked down from there.
It can be tough, no joke. I envy people who pick up a vape and instantly stop smoking. I wasn't one of them. It took a lot of adjustments in fluids and hardware to find my "sweet spot," but I was determined. And that's a large part of it too. I just had to get it in my head that this was the way it was gonna be, and made myself pick up the vape when I started craving. I made sure it was the only option I had. Mindset can be everything some days.

Wise words ^^^^

learning tons from more experienced people I think I may just make it.

Welcome and good luck :wave:

Took me forever (three years :facepalm:) to quit with vaping - but just smoking less is an improvement

I eventually had to turn to WTA and that is what nipped those cravings in the bud for me - over two years without a single smoke now:cloud:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Been vaping on and off for over a year I’m really having a hard time kicking the stinkys but I’ve got myself a new mod and tank and really trying to be smoke free. After reading on VU for hours on end and learning tons from more experienced people I think I may just make it.
Stick to it. It works. Some people ween off smokes gradually over months, some go smoke free from vape day 1. A good mouth to lung atomizer will help break the smoking habit. Say 18mg nicotine if you were a pack a day smoker.. you can always reduce this if you find it to much. When you get the craving for a smoke, take a 5 minute vape break. Just sit and vape, mouth to lung (like you do with cigarettes) for about 5 minutes or until the urge to smoke passes.
Actively posting in vaping forums helps as well. It is a pass time. Thinking about what you want to type keeps your mind off lighting a cig.
and finally.. welcome to VU.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU. You'll get there, helps to find a couple juices you love. Maybe try a juice from a nic salts line. Naked 100 is pretty good. Salts have less throat hit. What gear are you using?

VU Sponsors