Become a Patron!

Horizontal single coil on velocity.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to build a single coil in the middle of a velocity style deck. Can I use the bottom 2 holes or the top? Or should I have it sort of diagonal? Does it even matter for safety as long as I have one leg in positive and one in negative, without touching or shorts?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can use either top or bottom hole doesn't matter in regards to safety, it's just more convenient to use the top hole on one side and the bottom hole on the other because of the way the coil legs are aligned.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can use either top or bottom hole doesn't matter in regards to safety, it's just more convenient to use the top hole on one side and the bottom hole on the other because of the way the coil legs are aligned.
The way it is wrapped, it looks like both legs will be together on top or bottom. I am glad it is safe though. I do it diagonally when building dual coils and the wraps match that, this is different and in the middle of the RDA. Pics coming...

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the way i build my Hobo2.... but it only has 1 set of holes in the velocity style posts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2017-02-21 18.53.27.jpg
I wicked it like this and place the air holes where the well looks empty. It is working very well for me so far! I don't really like claptons, but it is the only wire I have now. Hopefully this will only use half the battery than having 2 big ol' clapton coils in there.

VU Sponsors