Become a Patron!

Hot legs on Voras RDA

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got a vaperz cloud voras RDA and I'm having trouble with hot legs. Just under the clamp screw on the negative post the coil keeps glowing. I have tried 2 different pairs of coils and I keep having the same problem. I've never had an issue with hot legs before so I don't really know what to do. I've tried glowing and pinching and all of that but it hasn't changed a thing.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What are you using this on and at what power?

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried that. I even got them red hot and tightened as much as I could to get every last thread I could. I guess I will get a bigger screwdriver and see if I can tighten it more, but I already tried tightening it as much as I could.

Thanks for the advice guys, hopefully I can get this figured out. It's weird I've never had this issue before.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I'm using it on my 521 tab and I have tried it with 0.26 and 0.31 ohm coils

It's definitely a build problem. I was making sure it wasn't sitting on a para/series or anything putting out massive power but at even the max a single battery in the tab can put out, that shouldn't happen. If you are using plain round wire what I have found is I have to get the wires side by side in each post for the Voras. If they get on top of each other one is always loose.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've tried that. I even got them red hot and tightened as much as I could to get every last thread I could. I guess I will get a bigger screwdriver and see if I can tighten it more, but I already tried tightening it as much as I could.

Thanks for the advice guys, hopefully I can get this figured out. It's weird I've never had this issue before.

My Templar does this, but the deck is different than that Voras...

Are your legs on top of each other, or side by side? If they are side by side, try one on top of the other, this is how I get my Templar to work right, all 4 leads sharing two post holes, one lead on top of another

You might also try not letting the legs go all the way through the posts

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Templar does this, but the deck is different than that Voras...

Are your legs on top of each other, or side by side? If they are side by side, try one on top of the other, this is how I get my Templar to work right, all 4 leads sharing two post holes, one lead on top of another

You might also try not letting the legs go all the way through the posts
Was just about to tag you as I knew you had an issue with the Templar.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are on top of one another. The 2 pairs of coils I have tried are a pair of SSFCs and a pair of framed staples. There is no way I could get them to sit side by side. I'm 99% sure they are tight. I've tried to pull the legs out to make sure that they aren't loose and they don't move. I've also trimmed the legs to make sure a leg from the opposing side isn't poking through touching the other coil.

I did put in a smaller pair of 3x28 aliens in it and the problem went away. These ones are working great, but this isn't the build I want in it.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got it! I just needed to use a full size screwdriver and tightened it way the hell down. Thanks for the help Jwill and everyone else.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors