Become a Patron!

Hot spots problem

Hello guys,

I sufferd many times with hot spot, I really have no idea what does the problem is, and how, why?

I tried remove it for 30 minuets but no results, I made new one and same problem again, I facing this problem with some builds I've making!

What does the problem is guys, why hot spot, what should I do to fix it and keep myself away with it?

I'm using Crazy Wires and Temco
Thanks

Last edited:

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
You'll always encounter hot spots unless you're spacing your coils. Even if you do, there still can an will be hot spots, just at a lower rate lol.

Take some ceramic tweezers and set your mod to low watts, gently pulse the coils, the moment you see a hot spot squeeze the coil gently and let go of the fire button. Now fire it again and gently strum across your coils. Sometimes it can go quickly but with some wires that can take a while. Rinse and repeat till coils glow evenly and from the insight out.

On your picture your coils are already orange, to no time it should be dry burnt that much, to prevent breakage of the wire.
A very light/slight dimmed reddish color is enough. But that's just my experience, I don't think there's anything else you could do prior to prevent that.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Your hot spots look strange... You could separate the wraps a tiny bit with tweezers, around where your hot spots are, my best suggestion. You may try tweezing them back together and see if hot spots disappear

Thank you guys I appreciate your reply, put I had did what as you said, I took a ceramic tweezers and I set my mod to low watts, and gently pulse the coils, really guys its weird and strange, in few minutes I mad 6 builds with different companies (one on TM, another with KP, another with Crazy wires and Temco) and I also have same problem again!

I'm confused and bitty disappointment, I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON!!

building coils is my passion, I making it carefully and accurately, whats happening!!!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors