Become a Patron!

Hot spots

R0tt0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a limitless i-joy rta. I'm having trouble with hot spots. I make sure my new build is firing evenly b4 I wick it and it does ok at first. By the 2nd day I'm strumming my coils every 5th puff. I checked the screws, they are tight ,the coil looks perfect. Right now I've got 26g with 7 wraps with my 35 coil master dowell. It was happening even more with 28/32 clapton coils too. Is there a way to avoid this?

R0tt0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a limitless i-joy rta. I'm having trouble with hot spots. I make sure my new build is firing evenly b4 I wick it and it does ok at first. By the 2nd day I'm strumming my coils every 5th puff. I checked the screws, they are tight ,the coil looks perfect. Right now I've got 28g with 7 wraps with my 35 coil master dowell. It was happening even more with 28/32 clapton coils too. Is there a way to avoid this?
Sorry 24g right now

Last edited:

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are you getting dry hits and what watts are you running on?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Claptons tend to have more hot spots then regular coils and are harder to get rid off, but once you do it should not return unless you mess with the coils.
You sure it's hot spots and not something else?

R0tt0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well the strumming seems to fix the burnt taste at least for a bit. I happens on all of my mods I just don't know of what else it could be. Doesn't seem like the atomizer really has anything that could go wrong with it really ,right?

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well the strumming seems to fix the burnt taste at least for a bit. I happens on all of my mods I just don't know of what else it could be. Doesn't seem like the atomizer really has anything that could go wrong with it really ,right?
What watts are you running and sounds more like a wicking problem.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry didn't catch if your running single or dual coil and whats the id of coil.

R0tt0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok here it is

Attachments

• 20170119_125500.jpg
    20170119_125500.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 45

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know this isn't the fix you want but it'll work. I had the same problem when i used 26g wire. Try twisting the 26g thicker wire is just alot easier to work with. What might be happening is when you wick the coil it shifts and causes a hot spot.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like coil needs juice..... wicking.... too much or too little in the coil and or too much or too little at the deck and or too much too little in the tank. ....
It's gotta be wicking issue.

If not the mod itself...........

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

R0tt0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could it be the Kanthal? It's not the same brand as the clapton . That one was UD the new one is coil master.

R0tt0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know this isn't the fix you want but it'll work. I had the same problem when i used 26g wire. Try twisting the 26g thicker wire is just alot easier to work with. What might be happening is when you wick the coil it shifts and causes a hot spot.

It's actually 24g

R0tt0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This Thing is making me nuts I'm gonna build some new coils I guess, start again.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This Thing is making me nuts I'm gonna build some new coils I guess, start again.
Try less wick than bud. The out side of the wick can be saturated yet the cotton is to tight and won't travel between the coil.

R0tt0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try less wick than bud. The out side of the wick can be saturated yet the cotton is to tight and won't travel between the coil.

Ok thanks

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok here it is
If you are pulsing your coils, strumming them, rewicking, refilling, why arent you cleaning your coils? Should probably do that first and then start pulsing/working your coils, makes it easier when you can see them.

VU Sponsors