Become a Patron!

Hotter coil build?

hello!
Im currently using the VGOD pro mech with dead rabbit, and im on .2Ohm on some tiger wires 26G 5wraps around a 2,5mm drill, however, it doesnt get hot as fast as id like, my question is if there is A better wire to use without changing to lower than .2 , and if so which wire(s), i prefer dual coil build.

Thanks.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with @inspects With Ni80 you'll get a much quicker ramp up but keep in mind, you'll have to use a bit more wraps to reach 0.2.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Do you want fast ramp up, or a warm vape. The two go against each other. Typically. You can get around this by using SS, and my personal favorite, nichrome60 or nichrome80.

Fast heat up = thinner wire, less wire Mass, or higher wattage, more volts.

That being said, if your using TC, VV, VW, you can increase your power to get better ramp up.

If you like a warmer vape, Staples, 3 cores, parallels, fused Claptons etc. Will ramp up slower, but finish with a typically warmer vape. The only way to get these bigger coils that have more Mass is increasing power. It's much easier on a regulated device because using unregulated you would have to either drop a wrap, less coil diameter, and a few other things like switching to a better Alloy.

Hope this helped.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
hello!
Im currently using the VGOD pro mech with dead rabbit, and im on .2Ohm on some tiger wires 26G 5wraps around a 2,5mm drill, however, it doesnt get hot as fast as id like, my question is if there is A better wire to use without changing to lower than .2 , and if so which wire(s), i prefer dual coil build.

Thanks.
Does anyone else like tiger wire? It produced less vape than fused Claptons did, but was much hotter of a vape. I like the simplicity of fused Claptons once you get that ahhah moment it's smooth sailing and working on your technique. I started off making Claptons and have switched 5 times the way I do them.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes. As @The Cromwell stated, you would need to use Ni80 wire due to its lower resistance. Try not to use coils that have a lot of surface are such as the Alien, Fused Clapton etc. These kinds of coils require more power and so, they take longer to heat up.

VU Sponsors