Become a Patron!

House Juice V.S. Others

sprad05

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just a bit of my story, when I first started vaping I got started with a guy who had a place in the back of another store, who even hooked me up with free "house" juice. I HATED IT! I even thought to myself if this is vaping, they can have it. But fortunately I had a friend on about day 3 gave me a bottle of "premium" juice and the clouds parted and the heavens shed their light on me. Then I did a little research and found other companies and "premium" juice.

Anyway, what im getting to is I've become afraid of house juices. Mainly because of the unknown. Ive been to places that mix in front on a counter and places that have everything premixed and you don't see where it's being mixed. I don't want to down any shop who is doing their own thing and are doing things properly, but the whole thing scares me now, especially after doing more reading and hearing horror stories. Ive attached a picture with a more premium juice brand and a couple bottles of house juices that I've let sit for almost 3 months. The house juice was originally the same color of the other bottle. Over the bit of time, just the color has changed dramatically. Whether it was the flavoring or the nic used, I don't know. But this little experiment just furthered my feelings towards the whole thing.

I know the regulations are coming soon enough, but I hope they don't hurt things more than they help. The last thing we need is more freedoms taken away and more business owners and employees out on the streets. But I do think "Joe Blow" down the street at the Vapes-R-Us should be held accountable for his juice and held to maintain certain standards.

Anyway, just a little rant and small experiment with juices. If I offend anyone, that wasn't what I was going for. I'm just interested in others opinions and experiences.

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    706.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm fortunate to live near a vape shop that specializes in house blends. Most of their house stuff is good as or better than name brand. Made in front of you and premixed. I've seen him make enough juice that I trust his stuff. And like another thread up, I can't see not paying $25 for 30 mls of juice. His $15 for 30 mls high, but it's better than the other. I'm about to start buying some of this cheap online juice if it has good reviews. I believe it's all the same ingredients for the most part.

sprad05

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I tried Mount Baker Vapor in the early days, blown away by prices. But then I got the juice. I've commented more than once on here, and in my opinion it's utter crap, even after two months of steeping

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ill pay a little more for a better made/tasting juice. I have no problem paying 23.00 for my Ripe Vapes Monkey Snack (30 ml) and 22.00 for my Boilermaker Forge (30 ml). Both are after work/dinner vapes, and last for almost 3 weeks. Of course, my all day vapes cost 12.00 for 30 ml (vaportech vanilla Ice Cream, Aloha Vapes Sweet Revenge). Took a long time to find flavors I really liked. Ill pay for quality...

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well i agree with u, house juice doesnt taste the same or perform the same as premium, i have been to many vape stores and i have notice the ones that have a 10 to 20 different flavor choice that has been mixed and steeped is ten times better that the ones that have a book or white carboard on the wall with like 3000 different flavors how can u make or concentrate on making 3000 flavors or a book of flavors anygood, u dont u talk to the mixer and say mix me what u have atleast u know he has spent some time on his favorite flavor, premium e liquid take people 30 flavors and months of trail and error for the perfect flavor so ill spend thr extra doe on that.

itsmrkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just letting you know OP, there are two vape shops where I live. One sells plenty of premium prepackaged juices and mixes the most awful in house juice I've ever tasted. The other sells absolutely no prepackaged juices and only does in house juice and theirs turned out divine. So don't give up on house juices just yet.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

ydanielyoung

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like that e juice which gives me fresh taste and satisfaction. Mostly I like the flavors of five pawns.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well i agree with u, house juice doesnt taste the same or perform the same as premium, i have been to many vape stores and i have notice the ones that have a 10 to 20 different flavor choice that has been mixed and steeped is ten times better that the ones that have a book or white carboard on the wall with like 3000 different flavors how can u make or concentrate on making 3000 flavors or a book of flavors anygood, u dont u talk to the mixer and say mix me what u have atleast u know he has spent some time on his favorite flavor, premium e liquid take people 30 flavors and months of trail and error for the perfect flavor so ill spend thr extra doe on that.
I'm in between - I have about 150 flavors in my roster and will share my full list. I have a dozen or so recipes I recommend, but I'll let someone make up whatever they want. I advise percentage and they take my advice or don't, but I mix regardless. Nothing wrong with offering off - menu mixes, but the buyer needs to be informed that they're taking their flavor into their own hands, so to speak...

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah u r one of the few that do that, im talking about the vape stores that r just in it for the money, to me i would want my customers coming back time after time for good fluid, not because im the only vape store in their small town, i have bought 30 ml bottles of fluid that have lasted me 2 weeks i have bought fluid that last for three days cause its like water and burns up so quickly, guys like u that try and sell a good product dont get noticed because of the folks that just offer cheap e liquid, i got into vaping for my health and in five years ive bn to a 100 vape stores in my surrounding towns maybe 1 really good store out of those, thats y i went to ordering on line, plus hardware that selling for 59.99 on the web sites these stores r selling the same hardware for 100 bucks, thats y people thing vaping cost to much, not everyone does this and i can understand someone making a living at it, i cant blame them, i would rather say make 10 to 15 bucks on a subbox kit if i sold 100 of them within 6 months than just make 40 off of one in six months. But thats just my opinnon on it, like i said im sure there they r guys like u that try to have a good product.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe find a public recipe that sounds good in the DIY forums, show it to your guy, and ask if he can make it. Or give DIY a try yourself!

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

supermarket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I started vaping daily in 2013, and since then I've tried 120+ e-liquids, from 28 different vendors. I actually have a list, lol. I was one of those people who thought paying $20 for 30mL was stupid, let alone paying up to $30 for 30mL like I've seen. For my first year and a half vaping, I refused to pay more than 50cents per mL. When I finally decided to take the plunge, I *finally* understood the difference between premium e-liquid and non-premium e-liquid. A great web-site to shop @ is www.giantvapes.com, because they have premium liquid for so many top vendors.

Also, it really depends what you are USING to vape. You can get away with a lot in carto tanks, but not so much with dripping. So many juices that I thought were fantastic in carto tanks, or even pro tanks, evods, etc....tasted like crap in drippers.

Anyway, I'm not a wealthy person, but even so, I only order premium e-liquid now. However, I'm also the type of person that doesn't buy grocery store brand stuff, unless it really is just as good as name brand stuff (sometimes it is, sometimes it isnt).

I can recommend ITC Vapes as a good place to get cheaper e-liquid.

i have only been vaping for a few weeks. i love it. i also know by now that not all house juices are created equally. i have had a few that are TERRIBLE. and one i keep coming back to that is superb. i can't figure out why my favorite is so much better than the others. i have just now completed an order from Virgin Vapor and my order from Mt. Baker Vapor will be here on Saturday. Stay tuned!

sprad05

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good luck with Mt. Baker. I got 6 or 8 flavor and couldn't stand a single one. But I know some people love them.

I've heard both fans and haters of MBV. I will find out tomorrow! I'm not a big flavor whore, so if there's not a peach or coconut that i fall in love with, they're outta luck anyway! Luckily, it was cheap enough that i won't feel robbed if it don't like them (2x15ml + free 10ml for $11). Mostly, i'm looking forward to my Virgin Vapor order. The house Juicy Peach at Lava Vapes in Tullahoma, Tn (we are here from out of town) is the BOMB and i hope i can find a suitable replacement at one of my local shops when i get back home. If anybody has any recommendations for an online Peach that is outstanding, let me know!

chrisjtown33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Check out Yeti Vape. They are a Buffalo, NY store that has spread out a little. They only have 30 flavors or so but they are amazing. The price is right also. They always have a buy 2 30ml bottles get 1 free. Ends up totaling 38 and change. They are online also. I promise you it won't dissapoint. They run with the best of the premium blends. I've tried a 100+ juices house and premium. I just keep going back to them. Gl and happy vaping.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Vance1977

Member For 1 Year
here is my question to you all!!! when it comes to a vape shop and they have ( house juice ) they make it in the back. what percentage are most using and how many flavors total are they using? I got told the other week that they are using either 10% total or 20% flavor. now the flavors....also got told that most are using 2 flavors. 3 flavors but no more 4 total. is this correct? I also know that your house juice ....that none of them use capella. that's it is flavor west and tfa only. is this also true? thanks for reading

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
here is my question to you all!!! when it comes to a vape shop and they have ( house juice ) they make it in the back. what percentage are most using and how many flavors total are they using? I got told the other week that they are using either 10% total or 20% flavor. now the flavors....also got told that most are using 2 flavors. 3 flavors but no more 4 total. is this correct? I also know that your house juice ....that none of them use capella. that's it is flavor west and tfa only. is this also true? thanks for reading
House juice does tend to be less complex, but it varies from shop to shop. There are no set percentages or particular flavor companies that they use. It solely depends on the juice maker at that shop and how they create their recipes.

VU Sponsors