Become a Patron!

How can I increase my nicotine strength, without coughing and tasting the horrible nicotine taste?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well heres a dumb ass idea
go to the locl store if you have one
and buy some unflavored nic as strong as they will sell you like 20 or 36 etc
see if they will tell you what brand nic they use
then cut that down to say 12 or 18 with your own pg/vg
and see if the bad taste is there
then you should know if the nic you have is just bad tasting for some reason

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@AmandaD So I just spoke with Pink-mule, and according to them, they use nicotine from "CHEMNOVATIC" but they also mix it with something else to get the nicotine how they want it. Can't believe they ruined it : (

But I did buy the CHEMNOVATIC nicotine yesterday from molinshop. They only thing I'm searching for is to get that nicotine in 250ml or at least it 72mg/ml for feature ordering.
But I ordered the CHEMNOVATIC yesterday, so if that doesn't work, it's something wrong with me.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
well heres a dumb ass idea
go to the locl store if you have one
and buy some unflavored nic as strong as they will sell you like 20 or 36 etc
see if they will tell you what brand nic they use
then cut that down to say 12 or 18 with your own pg/vg
and see if the bad taste is there
then you should know if the nic you have is just bad tasting for some reason
Not dumb idea at all, but I live in Norway, and selling nicotine is illegal in this country. So there is no where to buy it, expect from another country.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Not dumb idea at all, but I live in Norway, and selling nicotine is illegal in this country. So there is no where to buy it, expect from another country.
well thats the EU for ya

your kinda stuck then

try a new batch of nicotine from same supplier or get it from somewhere else.

Nic can go bad even under the best conditions
they may have sent it to you bad and didnt know it

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't get stuck on max nic percentage, I would prefer to have a great 32mg/ml nic than a shitty 72m/ml nic.

I guess if you have to get a 32, you might want to get vg based.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

True, his nic could have been sitting in a hot customs warehouse for a couple weeks getting nasty. Or not stored in the fridge.

But for Pink-mule to add their own special ingredients... that's probably what the issue was. Don't know why they would do that :confused:

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't get stuck on max nic percentage, I would prefer to have a great 32mg/ml nic than a shitty 72m/ml nic.

I guess if you have to get a 32, you might want to get vg based.
I ordered it in PG. PG should hold it better right? Also when I shake the bottle before usage, the nicotine and the PG will mix better, since PG is thinner.
Why would I get it, in VG? Just curious.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
True, his nic could have been sitting in a hot customs warehouse for a couple weeks getting nasty. Or not stored in the fridge.

But for Pink-mule to add their own special ingredients... that's probably what the issue was. Don't know why they would do that :confused:
Me neither. But people do recommend their nicotine. We'll see when I get the nicotine from "CHEMNOVATIC"

If that works, I would be really happy! If not, it's probably something wrong with me. Just have to get used to it, but don't know if that will help. It's just a awful taste when blowing out the cloud. Don't really taste it when inhaling it.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
well thats the EU for ya

your kinda stuck then

try a new batch of nicotine from same supplier or get it from somewhere else.

Did order the nicotine from "CHEMNOVATIC" hope it will be good. If it works, I will just order the 38mg/ml in the feature. but they only sell it in 100ml. A bit small, but it will work.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just because you have to use so much more of it than 72mg or the 100mg that i use.

I like little to no pg in my mixes but that's just me.

Vg mixes fine, i let it get to room temp, swirl the bottle and fill a 15ml bottle that I use to mix out of so I am not opening my main bottle of nic all the time .
The 15ml bottle gets the same swirl before I pull nic out to mix with... my main bottle stays in the fridge and only gets opened every few months.

120ml bottle of 100mg/ml lasts me about a year.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just because you have to use so much more of it than 72mg or the 100mg that i use.

I like little to no pg in my mixes but that's just me.

Vg mixes fine, i let it get to room temp, swirl the bottle and fill a 15ml bottle that I use to mix out of so I am not opening my main bottle of nic all the time .
The 15ml bottle gets the same swirl before I pull nic out to mix with... my main bottle stays in the fridge and only gets opened every few months.

120ml bottle of 100mg/ml lasts me about a year.
I like a bit more PG in my E-liquid. and I will probably increase it. I like throat hit, but not to the point where I cough. I don't like huge clouds, and I prefer flavor. So that's why I use a bit more PG in my E-liquid, so I will get my Nicotine in PG.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of flavor in my juice also. VG is sweet compared to PG so using max VG I dont have to use as much EM or Marshmallow or honeysuckle or brown sugar or whatever to get more sweetness in the mix.

Clouds are a side effect, I'm not looking for that in a max VG mix... it just happens :D

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Mattp169 Before I get the nicotine and start rebuilding on the Velocity deck I have ordered, I wonder about single vertical coil on that deck.

The Velocity deck has two posts. Since I will be using single vertical coil. Should i place the coil between the two posts, or on one of the sides like you would normally do? Does it matter?

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It could be cause mine is VG based ba Pg based I don't know but Pg affects throat more... I heard this.
I avoid PG for the purpose It dries out my skin way too much so VG does better. Everyone gets affected differently no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I keep trying to understand what Nicotine tastes like can someone please for me say "Nicotine tastes like this?"

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just to add my own noob opion and also reference some of the above and other posts I've read with my own experience.

For me I can't do a 50/50. It totally bugs my throat. 60vg/40pg is the highest pg I can personally go. 70vg/30 pg is my sweet spot for my personal taste.

I initially found this out buying ejuice from my local shop. The juices I had been Vaping were 50/50, but my throat was sore. I didn't know anything. Later, after some research not knowing anything I had bought another juice from another store and was like wow no sore throat and it clicked...I called the store and confirmed it was a 70/30 mix. After that I only bought the higher vg bases.

Now thanks to this site I mix my own so I know what is going into my juice.

So my additional advice, or something you can ponder is...can you vape a 12mg nic juice purchased from the store? Because if you can then it is a few options... The recipie or recipies you are using (and your taste buds) are not cooperating, or you have a bad batch of nic, or your nic went bad due to improper storage, or due to your personal taste your nic supplier isn't the one for you.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I keep trying to understand what Nicotine tastes like can someone please for me say "Nicotine tastes like this?"

Nicotine tastes quite bitter when I lick it off my fingers:D.
Is "bitter" even considered a taste?

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
s "bitter" even considered a taste?
Sweet, sour, salty, bitter. Umami (glutamate) is a fifth in some scientific circles.
You'll see tongue maps online, where patches are claimed to have receptors for each. It's a myth, like believing people get sick if they go outside with wet hair.

VU Sponsors