Become a Patron!

? How do a member determine which contests are still active

[newbie] I probably just don't understand something simple,

but how do I tell which Contests are active and which Contests have expired "without" scrolling each one by one

is a there closed date somewhere on the front end ..... other than the base message? which requires reading of each

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually can tell by looking at the last few posts in a contest thread , they are usually congratulatory posts, or on the first post of every contest the runner will have posted what the times are for running it, Hope that helps:)

wouldn't it be kewl - if you didn't even have to open the thread - can they be closed , closed image - and leave thread

Bonus points to Forum:
- less time spent scrolling threw 'date based' dead content --- time that could be spent yacking in other sub-forums
- clipping the free advertising'off' --- as soon as it is no longer of benefit to the member or forum

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree.. It would be nice to have a 'Closed' in the title of the, well.. closed ones :)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you just follow the "new posts" you'll see which contests are active because people will still be posting in them. When they're over, nobody is posting in them and so they don't appear in the "new posts" department. I think the way it is now is fine, because it encourages people to actually be active members of the site instead of just coming in just to enter all the contests without actually contributing anything themselves.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks vaperature - but I was commenting as a newbie - intent was to make the really cool concept more useful - right now - too much dead posts
I think it's especially important for the "newbies" to engage in the site. If you're engaging in the site, participating in discussions, learning and also helping people by using the site, the contests that are active will be obvious.

LouPop13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wouldn't it be kewl - if you didn't even have to open the thread - can they be closed , closed image - and leave thread

Bonus points to Forum:
- less time spent scrolling threw 'date based' dead content --- time that could be spent yacking in other sub-forums
- clipping the free advertising'off' --- as soon as it is no longer of benefit to the member or forum

In a perfect world, that would all be very nice... :rolleyes: but IMHO, the time spent 'scrolling' through the Contest threads is more than worth the chance to win some really cool Prizes!!

Nothing in Life comes FREE!! ;)

VU Sponsors