Become a Patron!

How do i build coils properly?

for that deck half the resistance so build for two 0.6 ohms coils if you want it to come out at 0.3 dual coils

Yes you can use your alien although it is worth picking up a resistance reader at some point with a fire button as well because I’m not sure if the alien has a static reading of resistance after introducing the atty to the mod, so you might well need to screw on and off to check it as you go
Okay so I can buy any pre installed coils for the pro drip RDA ? Or does it need to specifically be a certain type. Also if I want to start building what wires and thickness should I use to gain the same product around 0.3 ohm dual build so what wires to build 2 0.6 ohm coils? Thanks guys

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Okay so I can buy any pre installed coils for the pro drip RDA ? Or does it need to specifically be a certain type. Also if I want to start building what wires and thickness should I use to gain the same product around 0.3 ohm dual build so what wires to build 2 0.6 ohm coils? Thanks guys

You mean like ready mades as in the demon killer pack? While they are ok you might want to hit up some of our resident coil builders in the unlisted vendor pages. Not only can they tailor make whatever you want they’ll talk you through what’s best to use for your vaping preferences (at least they will if they are worth their salt) we have some talented folks here who can make you anything you want.

Making your own is a good way to go I’d recommend it to everyone, once you get some bits it’s really not too bad and very rewarding

This is the website you want it will help a lot to get higher resistence you’ll want thinner gauge wire have a play about and read the notes as to how to use it

http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html

So for example

Inner diameter 3mm
Wraps 5
Leg length and coil spacing keep as stock values

Select Clapton In the drop down

To the right you’ll have two boxes > In the top box select parralel

Leave KA1 in these two top box and change to 28g

Now where is says wrap change that KA1 38g

This lot brings you out to roughly 0.6ohms for a single coil (you’ll be surprised how close this is to the final product)

This build is a fused Clapton (two core wires side by side wrapped with a thinner gauge. It gives it a Guitar string look hence the name

Written as

2 x 28g KA1 (cores) / 38g KA1 (wrap)
5 wraps (coiling), inner diameter 3mm (drill bit Size you can fit in the middle)

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
If your new I suggest a fully regulated mod. You don't need to take a college course in ohms law to get an understanding. A 510 ohm meter is like less than 20 dollars. You need to have a good understanding of ohms and what effects certain guage, number of wraps, diameter of coil for your built coil. I don't need to use one very often any more... But let's say I'm trying a new alien Clapton that I made, different #of wraps, and not micro coil I would check it out. For the most part you will learn what you need to know about ohms pretty quickly.

That being said, I know I just wasted breath because there are some people who just don't fucking care to know shit about vaping and want to be the best biggest cloud chucker rip tripper poser.

Not being mean, I just understand that ignorant people will always walk our earth, and because of them restrictions are put into place that effect every one. Ugh.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You can learn a LOT by watching coil making and wicking videos on Youtube.
This is how everyone I know myself included learned the raw basics of coil building. You don't have to be A math professor or science major to understand ohms. The thicker the wire the lower the resistance. What helped me out was someone told me to think of ohms law as a highway. I know it sounds silly but then and only then did I get exactly what ohms law was and how to get that understanding to build my coils at the right resistance.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
And you don't need to know Ohm's law "by heart".. I certainly don't. But you DO need to consult the various calculators on steam-engine.org and abide by what they tell you! And get some good batteries! NOT Efests or Trustfires or any "bargain" brands, nor ANY batteries from ebay or amazon -- stick to liionwholesale.com and illumn.com and stick to 20A and up, and NEVERMIND the mAh rating! The IMPORTANT thing is the "constant discharge rate" or CDR -- do NOT be swayed by the "pulse" amperage, it's irrelevant!

And please, please, please, stick to pre-made coils and something under 100w, or you really will endanger yourself and everyone around you, and wind up as the next headline making people afraid of vaping.

Andria
Lol I get authentic batteries from eBay. Infact I've never got ripped off on eBay, you need to know your seller and honestly I wouldn't buy off eBay as a rule of thumb anyway. I'm just saying I have bought good batteries from eBay.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You are a raging idiot hence why were telling you not to do your own builds just stick with prebuilt coils specific to your tank

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
He's ignorant. But you don't need to call names your brighter than that.

There's virtually nothing we can do other than to suggest. After that our job is done.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That's pretty much how I feel about the idiots who say things like "you read too much." No such thing. And certainly the "you think too much." DEFINITELY no such thing.

Anyone unwilling to learn what is necessary to vape well and safely, definitely should just stick to cigarettes. Then all you have to worry about is lung cancer, COPD, and setting yourself on fire -- easy! No thinking required, just fire that puppy up! :facepalm:

Andria
I constantly have people tell me that. That I research things until I'm an expert. It's not that I mean to, I just research things so I know what I'm doing

VU Sponsors