Become a Patron!

How do I easily and quickly test new flavours I am experimenting with?

Icurrie44

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How can I easily mix new flavours and varients and test them without making bottles of juice ?

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mix up a small amount - like 3, or 6 ml and use a dripper. When you get ready to test another mix, change your cotton. That's what I do, anway.

Icurrie44

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah...
I,m thinking of much smaller amounts, like 2 or 3 drops ?
I thought about heating in a small spoon but maybe I didn't heat it enough ?

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You're talking about after you mix the recipe! Yeah, I guess you could heat it in a spoon. I've never tried it, but it might work.

My tanks have such a restricted airflow, sometimes I feel like pouring the juice in a saucepan on the stove and sticking my head in the cloud.:)

Icurrie44

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Someone on mentioned setting up an single coil rda unwicked and set up on top of a coilmaster 21 Minitab.
Dry burn the coil between samples

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mix up a small amount - like 3, or 6 ml and use a dripper. When you get ready to test another mix, change your cotton. That's what I do, anway.
I do same except replace cotton wick with Silica or SS mesh.... so I don't have to rewick between flavors. Just a quick burn.

I never expect perfect when testing DIY on mixing day....... a juice that is horrible on day 1 may well be your favorite after a but of aging. Of course it work in the inverse also... just not as often.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wanted to try ReadyWick from RBA Supply but I'm hesitant. They offer 2.7 mm and my coils are 3 mm. I'm concerned there'll be too much play in the wick causing spitback. I do love the fact one can burn the wick to clean it instead of changing it out every few days. A foot of wick would last me for literally years! :)

VU Sponsors