Become a Patron!

How do i make quad coils?

Youngvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So i know how to make coils. But how does the setup work? I have a mason rda 40mm. It has 2 negatives and 4 positives.

Lets say im using two coils in one negative and one positive post, and same on the other side. What is this type of setup called on steam engine? Serial parallel or something?

I only build dual coils right now. But i need more flavor and flow through coils now. I dont like more than 180 watts

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
4 coils will have 1/2 the ohms of 2 coils.
4 .6ohms coils will ohm out to .15 ohms total

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
steam-engine.org is your best friend

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Clamps help I use a hand vice clamp which I can secure in the chuck of the drill

269CAA0B-56DB-40AF-A7CD-E9AE395E1873.jpeg

and I use ribbon sliders to hold cores in place

raymo has released a clamp system for both ends which will make it much easier ...wanna pick it up myself when it’s back in stock

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I read it wrong, but it sounds like he wants to know how to put 4 coils in one rda. Idk anything about the rda you're using.

For ohms, just do a dual coil build on steamengine and then cut that number in half.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Maybe I read it wrong, but it sounds like he wants to know how to put 4 coils in one rda. Idk anything about the rda you're using.

For ohms, just do a dual coil build on steamengine and then cut that number in half.

Ahh misunderstood my bad

Youngvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys and thanks for the replies. Okay so say i build dual coil 0.20 ohms, will it be 0.10 if i do quads? Mason rda 40mm has 2 negative posts and 4 positives. Meaning im going to do two coils in negative positive on one side and the same on the other.

I want to build it exactly like this (pic below)

13473162_1763178163951838_951776821_n.jpg

Youngvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nevermind guys. I understand now! Thanks for all the help ! I just picked quad coil and yeah, it doubles!

VU Sponsors