Become a Patron!

How do I sign in to watch [and chat] the VU Live Stream?

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To make a long story just as long, my computer tanked. To get it working even a little bit, I scrubbed cookies and passwords and more. I finally get back online. Sort of. I go to the VU live stream to watch and torture the fine show hosts, and of course I'm no longer logged in. It tells me to sign in with my google account. I try to sign in with my google account. It doesn't accept my google password. I don't know if it's expecting my youtube password or what, I mean....it asked for my google password. I create a new google account. I'm in. I try to chat, and I get a popup telling me I have to create a youtube channel to chat. uh....what? I hit the Create A Youtube Channel link. I get a box that wants me to enter my chat name. Okay, first name - J o h n .....doesn't show up in the box. The box accepts no text.

So to chat I have to create a stupid channel and enter my name in a box that accepts no text.
what. the. fuck.
help.

John Q

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you try to recover your old password? Most Google accounts will let you recover through your smartphone.
ETA: If you have an Android smartphone you should be able to view your password or ask for it to be sent to phone or email.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Don't know if this is resolved, or not, but I HATE HATE HATE that YouTube turned over to google. Sometimes I just wanna be there to watch, but not in the chatter list or whatever. John, I did the same thing, made a fake google account JUST FOR that purpose, my dumb ass forgot the password and no matter what I try, the number of questions I answer correctly, it will not let me in.

Were you ever able to get in?

#FUYT

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And I wanna know what YT did with my old account anyway. I liked my YT name.

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally got in. I had to make a google+ account. Then when I got to that box that wanted a chat name but refused to let me enter text, my user name from the new google+ account was already filled in. Thanks to Tygers help.
Google won't stop until they know everything about everybody on earth.

VU Sponsors