Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When will the coughing go away

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey
Been vaping for about 4 months now and was coughing real bad then I changed the nic to 3mg and the coughing has calmed down but still happens what can I do to get it to stop completely

IMO, a lot of different factors could be in play. What type of tank are you using? Have you tried different PG/VG ratios? Does it matter what juice you're using?

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Higher vg mostly cause that's what I thought the prob was. Then mostly I use a dripbox or my eleaf 60w with a crown v1 or the melo2 or Kanger top tank mini. It's not as bad as it was with higher nic but its aggravating either way I'm never picking up a cig or stopping vaping

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm high Vg makes me cough up mucus/vg.
I vape 50/50 at around 20-30 w at 2.5 mg.

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See I switched from 50/50 lol and it changed for the better maybe I'll just wait it out and my lungs will get used to it

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmmm...
Too much nic would make me cough sometimes...
I cut my nic down to 2.5 mgs, and vape 100% VG...haven't coughed since...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I cough if the flavor I'm vaping does not agree with me, and for me, too much PG.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hey
Been vaping for about 4 months now and was coughing real bad then I changed the nic to 3mg and the coughing has calmed down but still happens what can I do to get it to stop completely
Drink more water.
As mentioned, higher VG% will decrease the harshness somewhat. 20/80 pg/vg or 30/70.
and of course, taking in less vapor by reducing the power a bit. Smaller clouds are less harsh.
Sounds like more water would probably help though. Coughing isn't really bad. You are still getting rid of 15 years worth of crap remember. That doesn't just happen in a couple days.

And of course.. there is always the plain old, inglorious, common cold.
For that you can wash your hands frequently, wipe surfaces you touch often (door knobs, for example) with a disinfectant, ship the kids off to military school.. stuff like that.:confetti:

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is your cough only immediately during or after vaping, like the vapor itching the throat or lungs? It might just be a sensitivity to something you are vaping. PG and higher nic does it to me and it is instant, but goes right away in a few seconds.

If it is an all the time cough or coughing spells out of nowhere for 4 months, I would strongly advise a doctor visit and at least a chest x-ray. It is better to be safe than sorry. I know from experience that that type of cough should not be ignored. Don't just put it off as "quitters cough".

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yea it's not as bad or frequent changed nic and wattage and have been doing much better
and don't forget the water. PG/VG absorb water and there is lots to absorb in the lungs. I keep a glass in the bathroom, so when I go in, it reminds me to drink a bit. And of course, it makes it easier to clear your throat without a 2 minute coughing fit.

VU Sponsors