Become a Patron!

How do i stop receiving emails from VU? i get far too many.

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello, i made the mistake of using my business email to register for Vu. Now, even though im not insanely active here, i get maybe 10 or so emails from VU daily.. this is becoming annoying.

I have already gone to-> my name in the top right-> prefrences-> and UNchecked 'and receive emails of replies'

....but i still get emails of replies. Honestly, i dont want to get emails of anything. I check this site more than i do my email (lol) and its pointless for me. Your answer is appreciated, thank you.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Go to your account preferences and un-check the box for e-mail alerts. That did it for me I don't know of any other way unless it's a glitch.

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ive done that as i said, but unfortunately i still receive emails for some reason.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try it again check the box hit save then un-check it hit save and see if that helps. It's been a while but I seem to remember doing it more than once before I stopped getting them. Hopefully one of the mods will have a better idea or a more useful one. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had the same thing happen to me. You have to go into each watched thread and unwatch all of them individually.
If you do want alerts on some of them , then you have to choose watch and choose normal notices with out email or with email if you need.

Kind of a pain, but thats what I had to do so I would not get those emails .

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What worked for me was in "Preferences" in my profile area.

Click on your name at the right top of the page, scroll down and look for Preferences on the left.

Click on these, un-check the first arrow, click the second. I may have gotten a few email after that, but they stopped.

upload_2016-7-1_18-14-57.png

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
None of the above worked for me either, and as active as I am on the forum, I was getting about 10-20 emails PER HOUR. The only way I could get a grip on it was to create a spam mailbox and use that address here at the forum -- and I have it checked in thunderbird to never download and never check that email, so there's probably 10,000 emails in it by now. :facepalm:

Andria

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That totally makes sense Neunerball & Pris, thanks for the tips. And thats what i did @Huckleberried , but based on what they said above, as long as they eventually stop in the future, i can survive the emails from the posts im already in.

You all have been very helpful, thanks so much. I was getting agitated trying to find out on my own:gaah:

VU Sponsors