Become a Patron!

How do you store/organize your supplies?

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm trying to figure out a good way to store and organize all of my flavorings and supplies.

Some sort of box or shelf... like a make-up/tool/box/jewelry box sort fo thing with lots of little shelves for all the flavors???

I'm sure there are some creative ppl on here who have nice set ups.

I have all my flavors numbered but it's just so hard to keep them organized and find what I need.

Right now they are in a box in rows but one little bump and they are all mixed up.

Just wondering how you all combat this issue???

Thanks!!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Right now I use these for Wire, Cotton and Flavorings.

68f5f802-2014-475c-a186-d7b9bdcb7a92.png

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 129790 I have this but I’m still looking for a storage solution for the flavors I have in the fridge.
Mine is like this....flavors in racks on the walls. Larger bottles in boxes under my bed. Everything else(wick and wire, drip tips, spare everything and premade coils, etc) in pull out drawers. Mods on a shelf or two.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank goodness for this post. Same question I've been wanting to ask myself. Yes, I'm trolling this thread. Lol.

My flavors are in a box in bags with labels like A-B, B-D, etc. Time consuming and not very well organized. Everything else in a box or my tubs. Mods sit on my table, but used daily. Attys, cotton, wire, etc in another box, again not very organized. I OCD over things like this and it's driving me crazy. :)

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once you get it how you want it all of sudden you run out of space and it starts all over again~! Still looking for another cabinet but hard to find antiques.

That's a fact. A never ending thing I'm seeing here. You would love my home. Half of it is totally antiques. I have a front room dedicated in just antique finds. The rest of the home is up to date though. Lol. I just sold a sign last week for $500 that was in my storage area. Guy had been pestering me for over a year.

I need a cabinet of sorts, I think. Would make my life easier. Until then, I like the racks for ease. Just need to get a few to get me started. I know I won't keep them there as my flavor list expands....ha!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I need a cabinet of sorts,

Yeah, that is how it started with me and just a couple of MOD's when they started taking over a shelf in my Network Rack. So after weeks of searching Antique Stores and Thrift Stores, it turned out my buddy had that over at the Museum. Then a shelf underneath for e-Liquids which I vaped and then to a shelf on the book case and so on and so on....................... :crazy:

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, that is how it started with me and just a couple of MOD's when they started taking over a shelf in my Network Rack. So after weeks of searching Antique Stores and Thrift Stores, it turned out my buddy had that over at the Museum. Then a shelf underneath for e-Liquids which I vaped and then to a shelf on the book case and so on and so on....................... :crazy:

Haha, this made my day. Yes, it's an addictive thing. Shinyitis then onto flavoritis! Whenever I started years ago then took a short break I had accumulated a few huge tubs of mods, attys, collections and tools, wire etc. It's in my other home at the lake.
I started all over here in this home and the only thing I have here is my Hana mods from my other venture. At this point and time I'm a few boxes into this. Adds up very fast.
We have a few markets here I may venture into this weekend. To see what they have. You never know what you'll find. I have one cabinet that is perfect but it's a showcase for memorabilia. I just can't do it, yet. I've seen a few nice setups on Overstock plus just general surfing on the Web. Might go to those sights in the next day or so. :)

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 3 nail polish cases for flavor concentrates and labeled plastic bins for most everything else which I keep in a small closet near my kitchen. The flavors are organized by alphabet as listed in the ERL Stash list for easy inventory. 3909233A-2C52-4DBA-9C99-1454EEE9A8F9.jpeg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I keep most of them together by type in drawers. I got a tool or fastener organizer at Home Depot. It has a bunch of drawers. I labeled the drawers (With stickers and a sharpie) to keep everything organized. Some of the names on each drawer-

• Vanillas
  • Creams
  • Citrus
  • Random fruits
  • Berries
  • Cookies
  • Bakery
  • Meringue/Marshmallows
  • Melons
  • Strawberries
  • Sweeteners/Coolants
  • Graham/Nuts
  • Random TFA
  • Random CAP
  • Random ...
Like Steve said, I out grew it and got some cheap bins for flavors I rarely or wont use. I can find what I want in a snap. It's perfect for me but might not be for someone else. My organizer looks like this.

images

I've showed this to people before. My bottles dont sit in there upright. I've heard concerns of bottles leaking like that. I've never had a bottle leak in a drawer. The only time Ive had a leaky bottle is when it or the cap was was defective.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 3 nail polish cases for flavor concentrates and labeled plastic bins for most everything else which I keep in a small closet near my kitchen. The flavors are organized by alphabet as listed in the ERL Stash list for easy inventory. View attachment 130032
for flavors I use a make up case sort of like a little suitcase. .I took organising 1more step,,, I "themed " the lid/caps,,,,all fruit flavors have green caps,, sweets have black caps,, creams have yellow caps,,,etc for the other flavor profiles ,,, each theme is then inside a plastic ziplock bag incase any develop a leak.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put my flavoring in these and similar containers and put in freezer.
Mark boxes as groupings. Fruit, bakery, etc
3x5 box.jpg
Nic is put in 120 ml glass bottles and put in plastic tubs in freezer.
I refill a 30 ml glass bottle for my working stock.
PG/VG is stored in freezer.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I put my flavoring in these and similar containers and put in freezer.
Mark boxes as groupings. Fruit, bakery, etc
View attachment 130327
Nic is put in 120 ml glass bottles and put in plastic tubs in freezer.
I refill a 30 ml glass bottle for my working stock.
PG/VG is stored in freezer.

Dude these supplies not freeze when they are in the freezer? Flavoring and VG and PG?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude these supplies not freeze when they are in the freezer? Flavoring and VG and PG?
Nope.
PG and VG require about -60f to actually freeze.
And since most residential freezers only go down to about 0f it is not an issue.
PG can be poured straight from the freezer. VG however is quite thick and needs to warm up a bit.
flavorings should be allowed to warm up as well so you can shake em up good.

And most all flavorings are either in a PG or VG base.

Only one I had any issues with was a Brown Sugar Extract and it is apparently real sugar since it crystalized but was fine once it warmed up and was shaken.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep some backup flavors in the freezer & no the pg in them keep them from freezing.
Same here I keep my working flavorings in one of those plastic boxes on my desk and a liter of 50/50 and 30 ml of 100 mg nic.
All else is in freezer.
Well not my bottles and syringes, etc :)
Those are in some tubs on a shelf.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have to come up with a better solution. I have the stackables that lock together that I got from Target. I was just trying to find a flavoring that I couldn't remember if I reordered it. What a nightmare. I did have it, but looking for it, I found 3 baggies of flavorings that I didn't even remember. And it wasn't that long ago that I got them.

Cats and dog in the house, so I'm not comfortable with leaving them on a shelf, or table. Gonna have to get one of those rolling sets of drawers, or something. Knowing the younger cat, he'd manage to open that, though. Little shit.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not think that flavorings would be overly dangerous to pets?

Nic for sure though.

Of course cats would bat them under the furniture and such.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
People @ecf have been using these. They’re double sided & can hold 46/30ml bottles. I think 2/10ml can fit in 1 slot. I’m thinking of getting them. But the flavorings I want to store in this container I like to refrigerate so I’m not sure.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amazon has the stacker boxes too but lots more expensive than wally world.
I also store atomizers, wicking, etc in them.
spools of wire also fit in the 3X5 very nicely
Holds 8 or so spools on their edges for easy access and selection.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have to come up with a better solution. I have the stackables that lock together that I got from Target. I was just trying to find a flavoring that I couldn't remember if I reordered it. What a nightmare. I did have it, but looking for it, I found 3 baggies of flavorings that I didn't even remember. And it wasn't that long ago that I got them.

Cats and dog in the house, so I'm not comfortable with leaving them on a shelf, or table. Gonna have to get one of those rolling sets of drawers, or something. Knowing the younger cat, he'd manage to open that, though. Little shit.

If you have any open space in a kitchen cupboard.. where the cats cannot open the cupboard door- let me tell you my cat could do that- but I don't have her anymore.
Anyway, something I really like are the really cheap plastic Lazy Susans that have adjustable slots.. so that you can change how tall or short the Cubbies or areas are to put your flavors or bottles in, storage that spins ( like a spinning spice rack or a spinning makeup rack you can find on eBay or Amazon usually), so that you can spin it around, and that way everything is Within Reach, and you can just put it in a cupboard that the cats cannot get into.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
And there is also a larger size that 120 ml bottles stand up in.
The 4 oz bottles will lie on their side in the smaller boxes shown above.
Under the bed storage boxes can come in handy too.. for crafts.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I do not think that flavorings would be overly dangerous to pets?

Nic for sure though.

Of course cats would bat them under the furniture and such.

Definitely! I used to make little wadded-up balls of aluminum foil for the cats to play with, and every time I would move I would find about 20 under the refrigerator LOL.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Aluminum Foil. ... But — and I really hate to be a downer here — aluminum foil is just not safe for cats. Cats may easily tear pieces off, swallow them and then need surgery if the pieces perforate the stomach lining.

https://www.petful.com/behaviors/dangerous-objects-for-cats/
I never knew that. I don't have cats anymore, not because they died from aluminum foil or anything lol. But good to know, they sure did love playing with it for the 10 seconds that lasted before the ball went under the refrigerator.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Do I NEED to freeze my nic, flavor, vg, & pg? How long does everything stay good? I have 1 gallon each of VG and PG, 120mg of concentrate, & 150ml of 100mg nic.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PG/VG should be good for a year or so just on the shelf. Maybe 10 years for all I know.
Concentrate and nic not as long as PG/VG but at least a year if kept our of direct light and in reasonable temps.

Reactions: dez

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aluminum Foil. ... But — and I really hate to be a downer here — aluminum foil is just not safe for cats. Cats may easily tear pieces off, swallow them and then need surgery if the pieces perforate the stomach lining.

https://www.petful.com/behaviors/dangerous-objects-for-cats/
I think my cat Siggy has pica. She'll eat pieces of paper, or she'll rip at plastic grocery bags and eat them. I have to be careful of what's laying around the house.

Non releated but she like to hide things in my boots or shoes. I go to put my footwear on and there's one of her toys in there. If I leave a vape band out, forget about it. They get chewed to hell.

Last edited:

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
PG/VG should be good for a year or so just on the shelf. Maybe 10 years for all I know.
Concentrate and nic not as long as PG/VG but at least a year if kept our of direct light and in reasonable temps.
Awesome! That means I can put it up in the closet and not have to worry about getting it in and out of the freezer when I'm going to need it- with the amount that I have. Thank you!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Awesome! That means I can put it up in the closet and not have to worry about getting it in and out of the freezer when I'm going to need it- with the amount that I have. Thank you!

I have kept my DIY supplies in a cardboard box in the basement for years with no problems. Even a sealed bottle of Nicotine over 2 years old was exactly the same as the fresh ones I had just purchased. UV Light is what degrades Nicotine, so as long as not in direct sunlight it is fine.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have kept my DIY supplies in a cardboard box in the basement for years with no problems. Even a sealed bottle of Nicotine over 2 years old was exactly the same as the fresh ones I had just purchased. UV Light is what degrades Nicotine, so as long as not in direct sunlight it is fine.

Okay good. My nicotine came in what looks like a solid white plastic bottle like you would see supplements or vitamins come in. The smallest amount I could order from nicotine River was 150 ml. I was going to get one of my clear bullet bottles that I ordered from them.. and put all of the nicotine in it, but since it degrades in light.. and will take a long time to get used up since I don't even use nicotine most of the time, I will just pour a little bit into a small bottle, and keep the rest in the container it came in, and store it and the rest of my supplies in the closet in the Box all of it came in together, (where it is dark.)

-Does light, (as in regular light from inside the house from a light bulb) - damage nicotine or flavor or PG VG?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As far as I know, UV light only, so no Fluorescent Light and I use an Incandescent Bulb in a desk lamp for heating my e-Liquids to 100°F to speed up infusion. Most efficient, care free way to speed up the process.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking since my Aero Garden has LED's and I am growing fresh Herbs on the counter do the LED's produce UV Light? So seems like they do. But you wouldn't want to use them for heating as it will not really work well.

Some in the lighting business have stated that LEDs do not produce UV radiation. However studies have shown that standard LEDs do create a small amount of UV. That said, the amount of UV they actually emit is even less. This is due to the phosphors within an LED lamp that convert the Ultraviolet light to white light.Jun 21, 2016

http://www.premierltg.com/do-led-lights-produce-uv-led-tanning-beds/

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NIcotine is best stored in amber glass bottles.
I keep a 30 ml amber glass bottle as my working bottle.
Also the less air in the bottle of nic the longer it will last.
And yes any light will degrade nic and flavorings to a lesser extent.

VU Sponsors