Become a Patron!

How do you store/organize your supplies?

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I was thinking since my Aero Garden has LED's and I am growing fresh Herbs on the counter do the LED's produce UV Light? So seems like they do. But you wouldn't want to use them for heating as it will not really work well.

Some in the lighting business have stated that LEDs do not produce UV radiation. However studies have shown that standard LEDs do create a small amount of UV. That said, the amount of UV they actually emit is even less. This is due to the phosphors within an LED lamp that convert the Ultraviolet light to white light.Jun 21, 2016

http://www.premierltg.com/do-led-lights-produce-uv-led-tanning-beds/

So basically, are you saying that LEDs do not matter much unless you would have them on all of the time near your DIY supplies?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So basically, are you saying that LEDs do not matter much unless you would have them on all of the time near your DIY supplies?

No I am saying LED's are not a good source of heat and might emit UV Rays. Since they are growing Herbs for me I do not think an LED Bulb would work for speeding up infusion of e-Liquid.

Reactions: dez

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
NIcotine is best stored in amber glass bottles.
I keep a 30 ml amber glass bottle as my working bottle.
Also the less air in the bottle of nic the longer it will last.
And yes any light will degrade nic and flavorings to a lesser extent.

How much do you think normal incandescent bulbs would affect your flavoring concentrates, nic, and VG PG?

I am thinking of just wrapping my clear bullet bottles in aluminum foil.. since they to keep all light out unless I am using them.. because I am going to store the bulk of my supplies in my dark closet- but I am using clear bullet bottles from nicotine river for keeping small amounts in, that I will use soon.

These bottles that I will use soon, are in the kitchen.. and I think wrapping the bottles in aluminum foil should help protect them. Yes?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LIght is light regardless of the source.
Some wavelengths may be more damaging but best to avoid all types of light for nic.
Put your bottle in a light blocking box?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A very strong agree on the amber glass for nic. Pretty cheap off Ebay. Get the one's with the cone cap. I've had a white plastic bottle leach some foul crap into PG before. Wasn't much left by the time it went to hell and it was just PG so I pitched it. Wouldn't trust my nic to anything other than glass.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All Light is not the same. Incandescent emits the lowest UV Radiation.

https://sciencing.com/lights-give-off-uv-rays-8332010.html

8cf6d862-279a-440b-8525-6b80bd28f386.png

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
A very strong agree on the amber glass for nic. Pretty cheap off Ebay. Get the one's with the cone cap. I've had a white plastic bottle leach some foul crap into PG before. Wasn't much left by the time it went to hell and it was just PG so I pitched it. Wouldn't trust my nic to anything other than glass.

The nicotine came in a thick white plastic airtight bottle that no light can get into, and I do have clear bullet bottles I can put the entire amount into and wrap with aluminum foil which will keep all of the light out, or I could leave it all in the bottle it came in, and put a little bit that I will work with very soon in a amber glass bottle.. but those amber glass bottles are very small and the bottle I ordered of nicotine was 150 ml. There lies the problem..
Edit- if the nicotine from nicotine River came in a white plastic bottle, it seems that it would have already been stored for quite a while most likely, in that white bottle, so would switching the bottles now really make much difference?

Last edited:

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Do you have a link for a glass bottle that I could use that would let me pour small amounts accurately? Like one milliliter at a time?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Guess I can't post an Ebay link. Search
boston round amber bottles 30ml
There's a 5 pack with cone caps for 6.95 free shipping about 1/2 way down page.

That covers the 150 ml, I use a small funnel to decant to into the glass bottles and leave as little air as possible.
For dispensing I just use a dropper left over from a juice bottle or sometimes a luer lock syringe like these.
I mix by weight, if by volume use a syringe

https://www.bullcityflavors.com/measuring-supplies/

edit, found a 12pk for 9.99 a little farther down

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Edit- if the nicotine from nicotine River came in a white plastic bottle, it seems that it would have already been stored for quite a while most likely, in that white bottle, so would switching the bottles now really make much difference?
That's what I thought about the white plastic bottle that came from another well known, and liked by me, supplier. I think they put it in that bottle from a larger container so it's doubtful it's been in there long. I also think they are always looking for cheaper containers as well. Where to they look to, China.
It's just one persons experience so take it as it is. For a few bucks I would prefer a better, known safe storage.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That's what I thought about the white plastic bottle that came from another well known, and liked by me, supplier. I think they put it in that bottle from a larger container so it's doubtful it's been in there long. I also think they are always looking for cheaper containers as well. Where to they look to, China.
It's just one persons experience so take it as it is. For a few bucks I would prefer a better, known safe storage.

I know you guys like glass bottles for your nicotine, but I am wondering- does anybody use bottles like the bullet bottles that I already have from nicotine River.. and keep it in a completely dark place and/or wrap it with aluminum foil to keep all of the light out? This would keep all of the light out, even more so than an Amber bottle.

Also..Does nicotine cause plastic to Leach it's components? (I haven't heard anyone else talk about keeping any other supplies in glass bottles. Just wondering.)
Thank you!

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the PET bottles would be fine and I don't think the nic itself would cause any leaching. But I'm not a chemist. You can wrap them in a brown paper bag an chuck them in the freezer. I put my glass in a doubled up paper bag with a rubber band to keep it all together.
It's any white plastic is what weird's me out,I don't know what it is.
PET and HDPE are supposedly safe. Most the VG, PG, and flavors comes in this type of bottle and I store in those....

I Just noticed that suppler is no longer using same bottles...

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nic river states their nic ships in a "Nicotine is in white HDPE opaque bottles" ???? What I don't trust in the manufacturer of the bottle.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Nic river states their nic ships in a "Nicotine is in white HDPE opaque bottles" ???? What I don't trust in the manufacturer of the bottle.

Have you had problems with nicotine River?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never used Nic river but a lot of people do. I use BCF for all my flavors and Carolina Extracts for nic. recently I bought VG PG freebase nic and some nic salts from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers. Very pleased with all their products and shipping is reasonable and fast. I've tried to get everything from nic river but it seems like they are always out of something I'm looking for, and flavor prices are just a bit higher.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My DIY carry-all courtesy of Harbor Freight. I think It was like $8.

IMG_20190215_105035.jpg IMG_20190215_105331.jpg IMG_20190215_105436.jpg

Easy to organize. The top holds bottles of nic/vg/pg in manageable sizes and also misc. mixing equipment.
Works great. :)

Why the cone cap ?

Thanks

Never used Nic river but a lot of people do. I use BCF for all my flavors and Carolina Extracts for nic. recently I bought VG PG freebase nic and some nic salts from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers. Very pleased with all their products and shipping is reasonable and fast. I've tried to get everything from nic river but it seems like they are always out of something I'm looking for, and flavor prices are just a bit higher.

Hi, which NIC (tank?) do you buy from Carolina Extracts?

Thanks.

I'm buying these , I believe it's also a cone cap with a glass dropper. I don't want any plastic touching my brews
at anytime.

I transfer everything into glass.

I fell off wagon several years ago and threw out all my glass bottles,I should've just emptied them and saved them, ugh.

These new bottles are better anyway ,I love having the glass dropper in the new ones,much easier to transfer
directly to tank, as oppose to using a syringe (like I use to do) and having to clean it out.

https://glassbottleoutlet.com/produ...k-glass-dropper-20-400?variant=19612770762838

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm buying these , I believe it's also a cone cap with a glass dropper. I don't want any plastic touching my brews
at anytime.

I transfer everything into glass.

I fell off wagon several years ago and threw out all my glass bottles,I should've just emptied them and saved them, ugh.

These new bottles are better anyway ,I love having the glass dropper in the new ones,much easier to transfer
directly to tank, as oppose to using a syringe (like I use to do) and having to clean it out.

https://glassbottleoutlet.com/produ...k-glass-dropper-20-400?variant=19612770762838
Thats fine for juice but I think we were talking about nic storage, didn't re-read thread..

VU Sponsors