Become a Patron!

How does everyone adjust their airflow on different flavor attys?

wolfioso

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay so i'm curious as to how everyone else adjusts their airflow on different attys?

Basically the way I do it on my different devices is like this:

Bottom airflow (Tsunami, kennedy, etc) I usually do it wide open, I find that most bottom airflow attys have those two holes that direct under the coils and shutting the airflow doesn't really have much of an effect an anything. That is, until you shut it off so much that it starts to really restrict things. When I do that though, I don't really get enough airflow to satisfy my coils.

On bottom directed airflow (side airflow that is the AFC is actually under where the coils are placed, such as the armor rda and other low pro flavor type RDAs) I usually adjust it to where the airflow is slightly larger than the width of the coils.

On pure side airflow (most RDAs nowadays) I usually have it nearly wide open, depending on the atty of course, because most of the time I don't get those subtle differences I'll get with bottom directed side airflow RDAs.

Then there's pure side airflow single coil RDAs (wasp nano, kinda the hadaly) where I also keep it wide open because like the tsunami style airflow, you have to close it off a huge amount in order to feel any difference, then after you close it enough to change anything, it ruins everything.

I wanna know though, how does everyone else do their airflow in order to get maximum flavor?

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I keep going back and forth with my airflow. I really like the vapor from a tight airflow, but I chain vape so much that my coils need more air. I've been learning how to get really good flavor at 3/4 to wide open airflow though.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends on the RDA but most I need to reduce to get an enjoyable vape.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I vape RTAs and I setup the airflow for a restricted LH. So on some atties like the Aqua V2 (one 3mm air hole) I have it almost wide open. On the Rose V3 I usually close it down to about 2/3rds of a hole (of three holes max) open. Taifun GT 3 I run with about 2 really small air holes per side open.

All are set up to run around 20 watts. The Aqua is my stealth atty with higher nic at around 15 watts.

cvostreetglide

Member For 2 Years
I just adjust both the power and air for the vape that suits me best regardless of the atty.
It is all about ME!

I'm glad to read that post!! I've been thinking that I'm just not consistent with what I like... lol All my juices and all the different tanks all are set different and most times I change things while vaping so there never is a "setting" that I stay at. You're absolutely correct.... it's all about ME and what I feel like at the moment...

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I actually even also adjust the strength of my pull... not just the air holes. But I don't usually adjust the power... instead I adjust the resistance of my coil build to make it vapable on the mech.

VU Sponsors