Become a Patron!

How I ended up here....

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
So this is my vape story, it's boring, feel free to skip to the end. :)

Many moons ago my wife came home from the mall with this brand new electronic cigarette device. In the hope that it would help me quit smoking. She spent just under $300 on it. And that was a huge investment for us financially at the time. I tried the best I could to use it. But it was a horrible device. If you did not keep it vertical at all times you where going to get a very nasty surprise the next draw. After 3 weeks or so I finally just gave up.

Fast forward some number of years......

I started working with some guys that where vapors. After about five months of pretty constant assurance (pestering) that vaping isn't what it used to be and I needed to give it another go, I relented and let them set me up with a cheap rig. It consisted of a kangertech protank knock off, a couple battery's and some spare parts and a couple small bottles of juice. The one guy just got his newly released pro tank 2 and another just received about 30 stick battery's so he had plenty to spare, and they gave me the stuff free. They also gave me some of the juice they had in a couple spare bottles.(I gave them each 10$ anyway). I did ok the first day or three, still smoked but tried to vape instead of smoke every couple of cigarettes. And I didn't get a mouth full of juice every so often, it was looking good. Then I switched juice. It was some sort of peach flavor from virgin vapors. It tasted great, but almost immediately I broke out in hives. I can't say for sure it was the juice and not a stress reaction but it was enough for me to put it down again.

Fast forward to January 27th, 2017.

It's the day I got home from the hospital after being treated for my second heart attack. A minor one vs the major one I had a couple years. But so much more painful. After the 5th time I lit and extinguished a cigarette (The same one). I decided to heed some advice I had just gotten from two different cardiologist's and give vaping another go if nothing else was working. Grabbed my wife and headed to a local vape shop. It took awhile to get the guy to stop trying to steer me towards cheap pen style starter kits. But once he understood I was jumping head long into this, didn't give a single fuck what it cost and I just wanted something decent that gave me options he started going through all their mods one by one telling me all about them and his opinion of them. I decided on an alien kit. Got three different kinds of juice. And thus it began again.

After that day I spent every free moment I had researching vaping online. I did this for weeks. I quickly decided I wanted to explore the whole hobbyist aspect of vaping. Engaging it mentally I believe has and will help me keep smoke free. In that exploration I discovered this and other forums. After lurking on them for awhile I decided to join this one. It seemed like there where less assholes and trolls here and I get my fill of those other places.

That's my story. I dont know any other vapors outside of work. So I'm hoping to become a member of this community(vu) and add value to it where I can. And I hope it continues to grow and gain vibrancy as I have become convinced vaping can be such a help to so many people.

Told ya it was boring!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU. We're glad you joined up.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not boring at all - it shows it's never too late to try again!

And welcome :wave:

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good to have you here

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU.

There are great resources here and many encouraging, supportive and knowledgeable people here. If you need info this is the place to get it. No one yells at you because you've asked a question that's been asked before. And the mods are pretty damn good as well.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the Underground. Lots of good info and people here willing to talk and answer questions.

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi and welcome. Lot of great info here that has been very helpful to me in getting started on my vaping journey

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Trukin8r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome!
ngaging it mentally I believe has and will help me keep smoke free.
Yep, the whole learning all I could and focusing on trying out the rebuilding and juice making really helped distract me through my first couple weeks of vaping and not smoking. Just over a month into it now and I have lost pretty much all desire for a cigarette... But I live to vape now.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great story and welcome aboard :cheers:

Here's hoping vaping now serves you well for the future, it's come a long way since the early days

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and welcome- Ecigs and Will Power- you can do it! I quit a 30+ year love affair with cigarettes by using Mistic gasstation cigalikes! I made them work-
Those and Will Power! I bought them instead of a pack of cigs and gave myself a few weeks to cut down, set my quit date and have not had another cigarette! Was it easy- for me No, but I just stuck it out!
I am glad you signed on- forums help!
Stay Strong and Vape On!
<3

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So this is my vape story, it's boring, feel free to skip to the end. :)

Many moons ago my wife came home from the mall with this brand new electronic cigarette device. In the hope that it would help me quit smoking. She spent just under $300 on it. And that was a huge investment for us financially at the time. I tried the best I could to use it. But it was a horrible device. If you did not keep it vertical at all times you where going to get a very nasty surprise the next draw. After 3 weeks or so I finally just gave up.

Fast forward some number of years......

I started working with some guys that where vapors. After about five months of pretty constant assurance (pestering) that vaping isn't what it used to be and I needed to give it another go, I relented and let them set me up with a cheap rig. It consisted of a kangertech protank knock off, a couple battery's and some spare parts and a couple small bottles of juice. The one guy just got his newly released pro tank 2 and another just received about 30 stick battery's so he had plenty to spare, and they gave me the stuff free. They also gave me some of the juice they had in a couple spare bottles.(I gave them each 10$ anyway). I did ok the first day or three, still smoked but tried to vape instead of smoke every couple of cigarettes. And I didn't get a mouth full of juice every so often, it was looking good. Then I switched juice. It was some sort of peach flavor from virgin vapors. It tasted great, but almost immediately I broke out in hives. I can't say for sure it was the juice and not a stress reaction but it was enough for me to put it down again.

Fast forward to January 27th, 2017.

It's the day I got home from the hospital after being treated for my second heart attack. A minor one vs the major one I had a couple years. But so much more painful. After the 5th time I lit and extinguished a cigarette (The same one). I decided to heed some advice I had just gotten from two different cardiologist's and give vaping another go if nothing else was working. Grabbed my wife and headed to a local vape shop. It took awhile to get the guy to stop trying to steer me towards cheap pen style starter kits. But once he understood I was jumping head long into this, didn't give a single fuck what it cost and I just wanted something decent that gave me options he started going through all their mods one by one telling me all about them and his opinion of them. I decided on an alien kit. Got three different kinds of juice. And thus it began again.

After that day I spent every free moment I had researching vaping online. I did this for weeks. I quickly decided I wanted to explore the whole hobbyist aspect of vaping. Engaging it mentally I believe has and will help me keep smoke free. In that exploration I discovered this and other forums. After lurking on them for awhile I decided to join this one. It seemed like there where less assholes and trolls here and I get my fill of those other places.

That's my story. I dont know any other vapors outside of work. So I'm hoping to become a member of this community(vu) and add value to it where I can. And I hope it continues to grow and gain vibrancy as I have become convinced vaping can be such a help to so many people.

Told ya it was boring!
I just started hanging out here, myself. So welcome, fellow newb.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you call that a story..huh..not one hooker, no drugs or alcohol was involved, nobody went to jail, nobody's house got burned down, and nobody woke up in the gutter of a strange town without their pants or underwear....you can do better.

VU Sponsors