Become a Patron!

How long until I'm done chain vaping

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I really didn't smoke that much. Less than a pack a day unless it was a stressful day.

Now I chain vape. I affectionately tell people my setup is my binky. LOL

I went up to dripping 24mg nic, and vaped till I was sick but it just made me sick and still vaping. I went back down to 16mg and now 12mg and decided I may as well just enjoy the ride since it tastes so good but at this point, 4 weeks or so into dumping analogs, it still feels like a need, thus the binky. I'm doing okay mood wise though, so I guess I shouldn't complain. My wife isn't complaining and she was expecting a bear.

Anyway, for those that have been through it, and I know everyone is different, how long was it until things went from a bit of a stressful need to just vaping for enjoyment? Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy vaping,,,,,well,,,,,you know what I mean.

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I chain vape pretty hard for the first 2 months or so. Now I drip casually throughout the day. I go through maybe 4ml a day at most. Once my russian gets drilled out for more of a lung hit I imagine my intake will go up a bit. I actually vape less juice in a day with a dripper than I do with a RTA.
Also, I'm down to 3mg of nic with a dripper and 6mg with a tank. Started at 18mg. 4 months analog free.

If the thunder don't getcha then the lightning will

PirateB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It'll pass, give it time! At some point you'll just continue to cape so you can keep buying new gear, not cause you need the nic! LOL

Try looking into WTA eliquid. It may help cure your cravings

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Umm dude, I am still chain vaping three years later..
Get super sick and chest congestion with cough... that will curb it right quick. .

No seriously I have as strong tie to nic.. thank god since coming down with this funk I had alternate ways to get my nic.

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I chain vape pretty hard for the first 2 months or so. Now I drip casually throughout the day. I go through maybe 4ml a day at most. Once my russian gets drilled out for more of a lung hit I imagine my intake will go up a bit. I actually vape less juice in a day with a dripper than I do with a RTA.
Also, I'm down to 3mg of nic with a dripper and 6mg with a tank. Started at 18mg. 4 months analog free.

Congrats on the four months. That's good to know. Hopefully I'll taper off some in a few weeks. If not the constant vaping but at least the nic.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It'll pass, give it time! At some point you'll just continue to cape so you can keep buying new gear, not cause you need the nic! LOL

Try looking into WTA eliquid. It may help cure your cravings

Heh. I'm already looking at more gear and my last two orders haven't even came yet.

Thanks for the heads up on the WTA. With all the reading I've done the last few days, I hadn't seen that. Could be time for another order to stand by the mailbox for.

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanx, it's amazing how easy it was to quit analogs once I started vaping. Separating the oral fixation from quitting was the kicker. Hold on to your wallet, cause the first few months of vaping are the most expensive. Once you figure out which devices you like you will spend less. Now that I have my russian and my tugboat, I don't see myself spending much on gear anytime soon. . .maybe. . .

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I first starting vaping you had these for a choice...510, 901, 801...
Trust me even the 36mg stuff was not scratching that itch and neither were mods like the silver bullet.
I went back to smoking for a couple of years, I needed the WTNA badly.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Umm dude, I am still chain vaping three years later..
Get super sick and chest congestion with cough... that will curb it right quick. .

No seriously I have as strong tie to nic.. thank god since coming down with this funk I had alternate ways to get my nic.

Yeah, I have a friend got sick and switched to vaping. He's happy to have it and I'm happy for him.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first starting vaping you had these for a choice...510, 901, 801...
Trust me even the 36mg stuff was not scratching that itch and neither were mods like the silver bullet.
I went back to smoking for a couple of years, I needed the WTNA badly.

A few years ago my wife bought me a RN4081(Classic mini). I bought another battery and some extra attys and juice but kept smoking. The juice wasn't cutting it.

This time around I started with the same old RN4081 but juice is much better now. Ordered a MVP2 but couldn't wait on it so today I bought a cheap(ish) Ego pen at a vape shop to get me by until the mail comes.The bad part is I was so hurried to get something I don't even know what model it is. LOL. I do know I picked up a SMOK RBC clearo and some attys for it. The pen is vapeable while it charges but I'm hitting it so hard I drain it down and still havn't gotten a full charge off it.

Hopefully the MVP2 get's here soon.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it's tough "Time", I do around same as WimpysRevenge per day, I been off regular smokes around 6 months, I am still 18 mg, I could not vape without the throat hit. Stick with it...because it becomes a hobby to redirected you!

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The initial "nicotine withdrawl" is actually more to do with the 3,999 other checmicals your body is, or was additicted to. Have you noticed you no longer get that headrush/slight dizziness with vaping that you got when you smoked after not having a cigarette longer than you normally did?

As for TH, you can get good throat hit with a high PG blend which in turn will allow you to drop the nicotine level. I started on 24mg, chain vaping around 5-8ml a day, but now at 3-6mg, 100VG, about 1ml a day. And no, wasnt a conscious decision to do it, just gradually went that way.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The initial "nicotine withdrawl" is actually more to do with the 3,999 other checmicals your body is, or was additicted to. Have you noticed you no longer get that headrush/slight dizziness with vaping that you got when you smoked after not having a cigarette longer than you normally did?

As for TH, you can get good throat hit with a high PG blend which in turn will allow you to drop the nicotine level. I started on 24mg, chain vaping around 5-8ml a day, but now at 3-6mg, 100VG, about 1ml a day. And no, wasnt a conscious decision to do it, just gradually went that way.

That's actually a really good point. I hadn't thought of my body/brain missing all those other chemicals it's not getting.

Thanks, that helps allot.

Seanchai

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I chain vaped like a fiend for the first 3-4 months. Now, over a year later, I still chain vape, but because I enjoy it - not because I need to. I'm down to 6mg (not intentionally, was just a natural progression as I felt the need to step down), and I can easily leave my mod at home for a few hours at a time and not miss it. Longer than that and I'd rather have it with me, but if I forget, it's not a day ruining crisis like it would have been when I started.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
So, I really didn't smoke that much. Less than a pack a day unless it was a stressful day.

Now I chain vape. I affectionately tell people my setup is my binky. LOL

I went up to dripping 24mg nic, and vaped till I was sick but it just made me sick and still vaping. I went back down to 16mg and now 12mg and decided I may as well just enjoy the ride since it tastes so good but at this point, 4 weeks or so into dumping analogs, it still feels like a need, thus the binky. I'm doing okay mood wise though, so I guess I shouldn't complain. My wife isn't complaining and she was expecting a bear.

Anyway, for those that have been through it, and I know everyone is different, how long was it until things went from a bit of a stressful need to just vaping for enjoyment? Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy vaping,,,,,well,,,,,you know what I mean.
You might vape a lot more. I vape way more then I ever smoked, and it has been 5 years tobacco free, but no regrets.
Captureuikkj.JPG

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Basically we are saying. Go with the flow. But try and make it an underlying goal to bring the nic down as you see fit.
Vape as you please. It's fun, tastes great, and keeps that nagging desire to light a cig at an Arma length.
Congrats and don't look back.

If the thunder dont get you then the lightning will

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I used to smoke, the last few hours of an 8hr flight I would be very irritable, not to mention that flying in itself is something that stresses me out enough already. Then you land, stare at the carousel for another 20 minutes, then line up at customs. From there, I would beeline for the exit to grab a smoke, usually two.

Now, I don't have an urge to vape until I'm fully settled in at the hotel. In other words, I prefer to vape when I am relaxed, as opposed to vaping to try to get relaxed ;)

Thanx, it's amazing how easy it was to quit analogs once I started vaping. Separating the oral fixation from quitting was the kicker. Hold on to your wallet, cause the first few months of vaping are the most expensive. Once you figure out which devices you like you will spend less. Now that I have my russian and my tugboat, I don't see myself spending much on gear anytime soon. . .maybe. . .

I need to convince my wife of this! I was spending $70 a week on analogs. Got started with digital and feeling great. I bought a ProTank Mini for $12 and you'd think I broke into Ft. Knox!

Rock Hunter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
off been off the nastys for over a year now..and I'm like a steam locomotive blowing clouds all day..morning to sundown. Reduced from 18mg down to 6 mg over that year thinkin' that I'll slow down, but NOOOOOOOOO
But at least it's not cancer smoke I'm blowing & as soon as the "Unit" gives me shit, I just ask her if she would want me to fire up a smoke and it's crickets.
But man, have I unleashed the beast as far as chain vaping goes.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

skocha361

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm fairly new too. Chain vaped on my mvp2. Then moved to dripping. When the excitement of clouds slowed down (2 weeks in) so did the consumption. I'll hit it for 10-15 min, then wait anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours to vape again. I use 6mg, if it matters.

My view is this: it's far better than smoking, so I do it as I please. Whatever works for you, brother.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm fairly new too. Chain vaped on my mvp2. Then moved to dripping. When the excitement of clouds slowed down (2 weeks in) so did the consumption. I'll hit it for 10-15 min, then wait anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours to vape again. I use 6mg, if it matters.

My view is this: it's far better than smoking, so I do it as I please. Whatever works for you, brother.

Thanks. It is better than smoking and I'm having fun with DIY juice. I guess I'll just go with it and not sweat the small stuff.

VU Sponsors