Become a Patron!

How long will vaping last in it's current form?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm supposed to be stopping everything nicotine related as that's why I'm here but I don't know if I could convince my wife that I'm buying diy supplies for 3 more months of vaping (wellness check at work for big monthly discount)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a while, you'll find that the nicotine is far less important than public health has tried to convince everyone, and that the behavior is actually more important than the chemical. It IS possible to vape nic-free, and enjoy it, but it might take some working-up-to. Trying to do it too fast is a good way to fail.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Gotta agree with you there.

I do feel that those future vapors that may never be are the real losers in all this.

Realistically, nothing would make me happier than to wake up August 9 and find out I stockpiled a lot of vape gear for no reason.

Mainly, I will miss all the innovation going on in vaping right now, in addition to my own personal evolution as a vaper and getting to try new things and finding new plateaus in vaping is quite an adventure.

I never had all this with smoking, that's for sure. If nothing else, it got increasingly unpleasant, especially the more socially unacceptable it becomes. The FDA is trying to sway the public opinion of non-vapers into the same as actual tobacco use, or even worse.

It's criminal.

And I do think that *eventually* the FDA will be called to account and be forced to implement REALISTIC regulations, either by congress or the law courts... but I don't think that will happen before Aug 8; that shit moves at glacier-speed. Hopefully we can keep vaping alive "underground" while it shakes out.

I certainly won't be stopping.

Andria

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Like already mentioned in the thread, should be good for biz for a little while. I know I've been spending like there's no tomorrow, even using my high interest rate credit card. Gonna take forever to pay it all of, but. . . Ordering some Basen 26650 batteries from @Jon@LiionWholesale to fit an old mech right this very moment.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And I do think that *eventually* the FDA will be called to account and be forced to implement REALISTIC regulations, either by congress or the law courts... but I don't think that will happen before Aug 8; that shit moves at glacier-speed. Hopefully we can keep vaping alive "underground" while it shakes out.

I certainly won't be stopping.

Andria

Vape networking will definitely be critical in all this :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Like already mentioned in the thread, should be good for biz for a little while. I know I've been spending like there's no tomorrow, even using my high interest rate credit card. Gonna take forever to pay it all of, but. . . Ordering some Basen 26650 batteries from @Jon@LiionWholesale to fit an old mech right this very moment.

Batteries won't be a big deal - they are used for so many other things.

I wouldn't go into debt for batteries, wicking, wire, vg, pg or flavorings!

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

except good 26650s seem to be hard to find. Plus it's a good excuse, eh? :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Though I'm worried about Inawera, and that equally-fucking-stupid TPD. I did see someone mention something that might be a reasonable alternative to INW shisha strawberry, still... that's the best flavor I've ever had, and doing without it wouldn't make me happy. INW wasn't already a flavors-for-food company, they're strictly into ejuice and vaping/shisha flavors. But I guess the point of the TPD is to protect the tobacco biz, just like the asshole FDA's deeming, so maybe shisha will endure.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Though I'm worried about Inawera, and that equally-fucking-stupid TPD. I did see someone mention something that might be a reasonable alternative to INW shisha strawberry, still... that's the best flavor I've ever had, and doing without it wouldn't make me happy. INW wasn't already a flavors-for-food company, they're strictly into ejuice and vaping/shisha flavors. But I guess the point of the TPD is to protect the tobacco biz, just like the asshole FDA's deeming, so maybe shisha will endure.

Andria

Hopefully they will rebrand it as air freshener or something so it can be imported to the US still

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Vapor beast has the Velocity Mini for 6.97....

Kanvape.com has Origin clone RDAs for $5 with the half off coupon. Free shipping on orders over $20.

I bought four of them and got the free shipping.

EDIT:

They have several tube mech mods for $10 other attys at $15 or less also eligible for half off. Can't remember what brand clones they are, but a hell of a clearance deal.

The under $10 tube mechs with a discount code were on anther site I can't remember now! Too much web shopping today :p

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kanvape.com has Origin clone RDAs for $5 with the half off coupon. Free shipping on orders over $20.

I bought four of them and got the free shipping.

They have several tube mech mods for $10 also eligible for half off. Can't remember what brand clones they are, but a hell of a clearance deal.
Dang! Now I will have to go look.
Is the 1/2 off code on the webpage?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We should start a thread on vendors that sell vape gear that isn't sold as vape gear.

Sally's for Cellulose and the various battery vendors come to mind.

There are already several mods on FT they are selling as flashlights also.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Dang! Now I will have to go look.
Is the 1/2 off code on the webpage?

FREE 30ML BOTTLE OF E-LIQUID INCLUDED WITH ALL ORDERS OVER $20! NO CODE NECESSARY!
17.76% OFF ALL ORDERS USING CODE 1776
50% OFF ALL CLEARANCE PRODUCTS USING CODE CLEARANCE50

I had to enter the code three times before the discount appeared but it does work.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We should start a thread on vendors that sell vape gear that isn't sold as vape gear.

Sally's for Cellulose and the various battery vendors come to mind.

There are already several mods on FT they are selling as flashlights also.

I buy my cotton wicking at Sally's as well. Sally Salon Coil Cotton.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got my shiseido cotton from Nordstrom's -- free shipping! :)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FREE 30ML BOTTLE OF E-LIQUID INCLUDED WITH ALL ORDERS OVER $20! NO CODE NECESSARY!

I had to enter the code three times before the discount appeared but it does work.
Thanks. did not find anything I could not live without.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

that'd make their hoverboard scooter $165. Pretty good price. Yeah, I know, I know, I'm *supposed* to be looking at vape gear *laf*

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
that'd make their hoverboard scooter $165. Pretty good price. Yeah, I know, I know, I'm *supposed* to be looking at vape gear *laf*

Bwahhahaha

I was looking at that too - and imagined myself hovering while vaping, hehehehe

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Bwahhahaha

I was looking at that too - and imagined myself hovering while vaping, hehehehe
:) They are pretty cool and fun to ride (I have a blue one - paid just under $300 for mine). The only thing is if you're going downhill, and go faster than the thing is built for, it starts beeping, then freaking out, and then you end up tossed off of the thing if you don't slow it down. Been there, done that, and strained a few muscles in the fall *oops*

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
:) They are pretty cool and fun to ride (I have a blue one - paid just under $300 for mine). The only thing is if you're going downhill, and go faster than the thing is built for, it starts beeping, then freaking out, and then you end up tossed off of the thing if you don't slow it down. Been there, done that, and strained a few muscles in the fall *oops*

I didn't get past just standing on it while it hovers in my overly fertile imagination, lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I didn't get past just standing on it while it hovers in my overly fertile imagination, lol

I have a hard enough time staying upright when both feet are firmly on the floor. I trip over my shadow. :D I did roller-skate at one point, but never been on a skateboard and never will, ditto anything that hovers. Unless maybe a hovercar. Weren't we supposed to have those by now?

Andria

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a hard enough time staying upright when both feet are firmly on the floor. I trip over my shadow. :D I did roller-skate at one point, but never been on a skateboard and never will, ditto anything that hovers. Unless maybe a hovercar. Weren't we supposed to have those by now?

Andria
Truly! And robot maids too

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They do have smoking deals on some attys though.

The clearance/coupon tube mods were on another site and I can't remember which now!

Will verify next time I open my mouth :oops:

If you like tube mods, GotVapes has got lots of 'em, mechs too, and they're running a 25% off sale for the 4th, AND, they let you stack your discounts; if you get their newsletter, it's an automatic 5% discount on everything, so the sale would make it a 30% discount, if you get their newsletter.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm reminded of flying down Columbus St in San Fransisco as a kid. I had a transistor radio strapped on the sissy bar on the end of the banana seat of an orange Schwynn and a card attached to the back wheel with a clothes pin. I'd imagine I was speeding towards the bat cave and I was STOKED, lol.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm reminded of flying down Columbus St in San Fransisco as a kid. I had a transistor radio strapped on the sissy bar on the end of the banana seat of an orange Schwynn and a card attached to the back wheel with a clothes pin. I'd imagine I was speeding towards the bat cave and I was STOKED, lol.

So little did I know I was only a few short years away from scourge of a 37-year tobacco addiction, only to have the FDA crack down on the only healthy substitute, vaping.

I don't know what the future of vaping will really look like, but the past was not very pretty for most of us :huh:

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So little did I know I was only a few short years away from scourge of a 37-year tobacco addiction, only to have the FDA crack down on the only healthy substitute, vaping.

I don't know what the future of vaping will really look like, but the past was not very pretty for most of us :huh:
Reminds me of when I first started smoking. Like most, I was young and naive. I actually thought that any product that is consumed had to be FDA approved and thus cigs can't be as bad as all the hype. Plus I knew that my father had smoked for decades and he was still fine (little did I know that 20 yrs later he'd die from lung cancer). The irony in all of that is thanks to the Tobacco Control Act, cigs now are FDA regulated. Just think how many kids out there are going to think that since they're regulated by the FDA, they can't be all that bad for ya.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you read where 0-nic jooce has to be labeled with.. WARNING: "This is a tobacco product"

Unfucking believable the ignornace, makes a person want to slap the living shit out the asshole who dreamed that up.
I don't think Hitler or Stalin could have topped that fucking imbecilic phrase.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you read where 0-nic jooce has to be labeled with.. WARNING: "This is a tobacco product"

Unfucking believable the ignornace, makes a person want to slap the living shit out the asshole who dreamed that up.
And labeled with the % of foreign and % of domestic tobacco. So I presume it'll read something like:

WARNING: This is a tobacco product
Contains 0% foreign tobacco 0% domestic tobacco

Completely nuts no matter how you slice it

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I so want to buy another mod but this is supposed to be a means to an end so the wife would not be cool with it at all. Too bad I can't use cash at the local shop since its prices are super high!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do it all the time.. She gets mad for a few hours i have a new toy for a few weeks.. It still winds up being cheaper than smokin..and if worse comes to worse you just hide it in an old shoebox in the closet until you find a good way to break the news..
*pro-tip*- always cut the price by 50% when discussing purchases with the wife..lol

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do it all the time.. She gets mad for a few hours i have a new toy for a few weeks.. It still winds up being cheaper than smokin..and if worse comes to worse you just hide it in an old shoebox in the closet until you find a good way to break the news..
*pro-tip*- always cut the price by 50% when discussing purchases with the wife..lol

I simply will never understand this. I don't understand lying to one's spouse, and I don't understand why any spouse would value money over their spouses's life/health, or why anyone would WANT to be married to someone who valued money over their mate's life/health, or why it's so hard to understand that vaping = not smoking and therefore much cheaper AND healthier, or why anyone would WANT to be married to someone too stupid to understand that. If you folks can't even get your own spouses onboard with vaping, no damn wonder the gov't is having such a hard time grasping the simplicity of it.

When I see a new vape thing I want, I say "hey look at that, such-and-such is on sale for X!" He says "Can we afford it?" Sometimes I say "no, not right now, but soon (payday, or after whatever next-coming money is deposited in the bank). So then he'll say "well, keep your eyes on it, you don't want to let that sale go off." If I answer "Yes," to "can we afford it?" then he says "why haven't you ordered it yet?"

Are you people married to people who don't love you or something?

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Who wants to take a stab of what the post-July 4th vapemail of 2017 will look like?

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Who wants to take a stab of what the post-July 4th vapemail of 2017 will look like?
For those that buy what they're told by the govt is okay to buy, it'll probably look like
biz-njoy-cigarette-1219.jpg

For the rest of us, my guess is something like mods disguised as flashlights or other gizmos.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I don't think Hitler or Stalin could have topped that fucking imbecilic phrase.

It does have that "illogical dictator = disaster for the people" ring to it

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I simply will never understand this. I don't understand lying to one's spouse, and I don't understand why any spouse would value money over their spouses's life/health, or why anyone would WANT to be married to someone who valued money over their mate's life/health, or why it's so hard to understand that vaping = not smoking and therefore much cheaper AND healthier, or why anyone would WANT to be married to someone too stupid to understand that. If you folks can't even get your own spouses onboard with vaping, no damn wonder the gov't is having such a hard time grasping the simplicity of it.

When I see a new vape thing I want, I say "hey look at that, such-and-such is on sale for X!" He says "Can we afford it?" Sometimes I say "no, not right now, but soon (payday, or after whatever next-coming money is deposited in the bank). So then he'll say "well, keep your eyes on it, you don't want to let that sale go off." If I answer "Yes," to "can we afford it?" then he says "why haven't you ordered it yet?"

Are you people married to people who don't love you or something?

Andria
My wife loves that im not smoking the reason i occasionally dont discuss my new purchases with her is because i ask my self the same question as you... I say "can we afford this?" and if the answer is "well..... Kinda but i probly shouldnt spend the money" then i buy it anyway and keep it to myself.. Its something i think we do more as men than women.. We're by nature slightly less responsible than you beatiful creatures..

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My wife loves that im not smoking the reason i occasionally dont discuss my new purchases with her is because i ask my self the same question as you... I say "can we afford this?" and if the answer is "well..... Kinda but i probly shouldnt spend the money" then i buy it anyway and keep it to myself.. Its something i think we do more as men than women.. We're by nature slightly less responsible than you beatiful creatures..

Maybe you should talk to her about it

My husband used to be kinda grumpy about my vape purchases (even though it was way cheaper than smokes)

Now that he understands that buying now is to stockpile against the FDA he is helping me instead of being pissy

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well, either you have the money for it or you don't. If you haven't paid all the bills and bought the groceries yet but still buy something vapish, then yeah, I can certainly understand being annoyed about that -- I'd be furious! If you've paid the bills and bought the groceries and there is money left over that doesn't need to be kept back for something important, then why not spend it on vape stuff? Money is for spending, not hoarding; I do like to keep a moderate "cushion" in the bank acct, for those trips for milk or eggs or what-have-you that pop up before the next payday, but that's figured into the budget; if I can buy some vapey thing and still have a moderate cushion, then I buy it -- the size of the cushion needed being determined by how close we are to the next payday.

I get annoyed with my husband about buying coins for his collection -- because he has a terrible tendency to say "I need X amount for coins," BEFORE the bills are paid and groceries bought. He also has a tendency to spend to the very last cent, rather than keeping the cushion -- which is why *I* am the one in charge of the family budget! :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe you should talk to her about it

My husband used to be kinda grumpy about my vape purchases (even though it was way cheaper than smokes)

Now that he understands that buying now is to stockpile against the FDA he is helping me instead of being pissy

I think I finally got it thru to my own doofus; he'll be able to buy coins forever, but I've got a limited time in which to buy whatever I'm going to need for some indefinite time -- maybe years, before the courts/congress get the FDA sorted out properly. At least he's not protesting about the mods I've been buying, and wondered why I haven't yet ordered one of those CF4-18650s -- because we don't have the money right now, Mr Doofus! :D

Andria

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get annoyed with my husband about buying coins for his collection -- because he has a terrible tendency to say "I need X amount for coins," BEFORE the bills are paid and groceries bought. He also has a tendency to spend to the very last cent, rather than keeping the cushion -- which is why *I* am the one in charge of the family budget! :D

Andria[/QUOTE]

And thats exactly why i said as men we just arent as responsible as the fairer sex..lol.. happy 4th everyone!

VU Sponsors