Become a Patron!

How long, with 25rs, would I get using the sig 150 at 13.5Watts?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people. Not tommorow but the day after my sig150 arrives, and I will try a dual coil build in my el cabron, probably will work best around 60-80 watts, I need to figure that out when I get it.

But, my lemo V2 has a 1.6 Ohm coil in it, that produces lovely, and I am talking lovely flavour, at 15 watts and below.

I will be using RDA's sometimes, but there will be days I just slap the Lemo V2 on with a full tank so I haven't got to worry about re filling every few pulls. Say I do do this, and I am only using say 13.5Watts with two 25R's, how much runtime would I get? I get about a day-day and a half at the moment before low battery warning, then I swap for a fresh battery and whack the discharged one in my nitecore.

So, If I was hardly breaking the device into a sweat, should I expect good battery life? I guess being around double what I currently get? That would be amazing. 3 days or so between changes. That would make the mod worth it just for that.

So, any ideas?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Exactly 37hrs 14 minutes and 19.4 seconds untill needing charged...j/k.

Seriously though there is a formula to determine this but its a rough estimate..too many variables to consider

I would expect over one full day i would imagine fairly easy..figure out how long one battery lasts you now then double that as with the sigelei youll have double the mah capacity.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exactly 37hrs 14 minutes and 19.4 seconds untill needing charged...j/k.

Seriously though there is a formula to determine this but its a rough estimate..too many variables to consider

I would expect over one full day i would imagine fairly easy..figure out how long one battery lasts you now then double that as with the sigelei youll have double the mah capacity.
Lol at the beginning, I thought wow you can be that precise? then got to the end and thought duh. Well I get a day to a day and a half from one battery, so I should get 2-3 days in theory? I understand it doubles the MAH but also the voltage, so is that one of the variables you are talking about?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im just basing off the mah capacity...i would say you can expect somewhere in the neighborhood of double what you got on a single battery...Taking a few extra hits or longer hits than your average will factor in less time...I would say just try it and see...lol

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im just basing off the mah capacity...i would say you can expect somewhere in the neighborhood of double what you got on a single battery...Taking a few extra hits or longer hits than your average will factor in less time...I would say just try it and see...lol
You think along the lines of me, try it and find out lol. I just really can't wait to get my hands on it on Tuesday, today has nearly gone its 7 o clock here, go asleep about 12, then only tommorow to go and it will be here!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You think along the lines of me, try it and find out lol. I just really can't wait to get my hands on it on Tuesday, today has nearly gone its 7 o clock here, go asleep about 12, then only tommorow to go and it will be here!

Congrats on that..one day ill decide to get one myself...lol

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats on that..one day ill decide to get one myself...lol
I'l let ya know what its like, I only have the sig 30 so far, so bit of a step up in power lol. To mark my batteries, can I use clear sticky tape and paper, as then I can write the date I got them along with A1 and A2, or is it best to stick to some coloured electrical or duct tape and write on that?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Also depends on how many times a day you vape and the duration of said vapes.

I am guessing about two full days.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol at the beginning, I thought wow you can be that precise? then got to the end and thought duh. Well I get a day to a day and a half from one battery, so I should get 2-3 days in theory? I understand it doubles the MAH but also the voltage, so is that one of the variables you are talking about?
It doesn't double the voltage unless you are running in series, which then doubles voltage but not mah. I believe your new box is run in parallel, which does double the mah, but your max volts will still be 4.2
Not chain vaping, it wouldn't be unrealistic to get 3 days off of such a setup with good batteries........ When you get it, ensure you "mate" a new set of batteries as a pair for it, never split them up.... Internal battery resistance increases over time, having a mated pair will ensure both batteries in the box mod are equal so one isn't working harder then the other. Also mark them, and each time you charge them, it's a good idea to swap their position inside the mod, in case one side has more draw then the other, it will ensure even wear

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Theoretically you would have 33 minutes of continuous vape-time. This is holding down the button for 33 minutes. How long this lasts for you depends on how you vape.

On my free time a pair of VTC3s in parallel (Thus 4.2 volts and 1,600 mAh in parallel yield 4.2v and 3,200 mAh) will only last me about four hours. I carry two extra pairs of batteries with me and often bring my charger. Now, technically I only have 10 minutes of vape time per battery pair. However, my vaping habbits make this last me about four hours.

It all depends on how long a pull you take, how much you chain-vape, ect.

Go forth and enjoy your Sig.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It doesn't double the voltage unless you are running in series, which then doubles voltage but not mah. I believe your new box is run in parallel, which does double the mah, but your max volts will still be 4.2
Not chain vaping, it wouldn't be unrealistic to get 3 days off of such a setup with good batteries........ When you get it, ensure you "mate" a new set of batteries as a pair for it, never split them up.... Internal battery resistance increases over time, having a mated pair will ensure both batteries in the box mod are equal so one isn't working harder then the other. Also mark them, and each time you charge them, it's a good idea to swap their position inside the mod, in case one side has more draw then the other, it will ensure even wear

The Sigelei 150 runs 18650's in series.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, not familiar with it... That means voltage is doubled, but not mah.
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Voltage is indeed doubled.

MAh remaining the same would be true if you were directly dumping double the voltage into the same resistance coil on a mech. However this doesn't hold true on a regulated device.

With series regulated you'll be using g step-down at all times on any reasonably low resistance. This makes for a very efficient and long lasting configuration.

I'd say at 15W you could bank on around 1 and a bit days of chain vaping. More if you're vaping less. I've used my Sigelei 100W with my Nautilus at 18W and thought the batteries would never die.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Of course stepping down below output voltage will give gains in battery life..... The fundamentals of a series connection don't change though. You would see the same effect on a single cell outputting half of its voltage. It's why I can go all day on an 800 mah 2s lipo in my variant at 30 watts. Think of it like a water tank...1 tank with one hose=1 18650, 1 tank with 2 hoses of the same size as the first tank=series, 2 tanks with 2 hoses that together equal the flow rate of the first tank=parallel

Sure that second tank can drain slower if you cut the flow down by half.
Long story short, even though the mod is bucking volts, its not double the mah in series
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'l let ya know what its like, I only have the sig 30 so far, so bit of a step up in power lol. To mark my batteries, can I use clear sticky tape and paper, as then I can write the date I got them along with A1 and A2, or is it best to stick to some coloured electrical or duct tape and write on that?

I just looked at my Sig 150 and there is not much room between and beside the batteries. I would write the batt ID on a small piece of paper and use clear boxing tape to hold it there so the batteries don't get too big in diameter.

As for battery life, at the same power two batteries will give you pretty close to double the run time as one. It doesn't matter if they are in parallel or series.

Good luck with the new mod. Hope you enjoy it much as I do :)

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm aware of that. Never said it was doubling actual MAh of two series cells. In fact I've said the exact opposite in a post not long ago and used pretty much the same analogy.

My post was directed at the original poster, and merely meant to convey that while not getting the same life exactly as two single cells at such low wattage, he will get very close.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Screw that, it's so easy to forget what cell was where and when.

I write just the mod name on the cell with a marker. I'll open the mod and swap the cells around at 60%, take them out and charge them at 20%. Much easier to remember . Never had more than 0.02V difference between the two doing this and I'm not fannying around trying to think whether Stan should be on the left and Oliver on the right or visa versa.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Screw that, it's so easy to forget what cell was where and when.

I write just the mod name on the cell with a marker. I'll open the mod and swap the cells around at 60%, take them out and charge them at 20%. Much easier to remember . Never had more than 0.02V difference between the two doing this and I'm not fannying around trying to think whether Stan should be on the left and Oliver on the right or visa versa.
I was using permanant marker on my old batteries, but it was coming off! They wasn't very 'permanenet' I suppose thats what I get from going to the poundshop for them in a 5 pack (Dollar store basically for you USA people).

For now I have used a small piece of gaffer and marked a1 and a2 on each cell, and put in my diary the date I got them. I will then get a permenant marker that is really permenant.

Also, It arrived! I got the sig150, VTC4S, and 25R pairs. The VTC4's are currently charging, and I can't wait to get tested. I think I will try a 26 gauge 0.5 ohm build to start with, dual coil in my El cabron (I really like this. I don't see it mentioned often, but I think its a great RDA).

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I have been using it quite a bit at 60 watts for about an hour, , and I still have 100 percent battery. I am going to use the Lemo V2 later, so obviously less power, and should get an even longer battery life with less watts. at the moment I use a 1,6 Ohm coil in it, but I am going to build a 0.5 or near coil for the lemo and see how I like it.

VU Sponsors