Become a Patron!

how low and I go?

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just wanted to get some opinions.........would it be possible g build dual macro coils with 24g and run it on a istick30.I know that the lowest ohm you are supposed to run on a istick30 is .4 but I have built coils as low as .8 .9 .back to the original question.would 24g macro coils be to low to fire...if so ciuld I use 26g to build macros?

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to get some opinions.........would it be possible g build dual macro coils with 24g and run it on a istick30.I know that the lowest ohm you are supposed to run on a istick30 is .4 but I have built coils as low as .8 .9 .back to the original question.would 24g macro coils be to low to fire...if so ciuld I use 26g to build macros?

It says right there on the spec sheet that it will fire down to 0.4 ohms. It's a regulated mod. You should be fine going down to 0.4 if you want to, but you won't see any benefit to it. It will only output 30W. So, if you have a 0.4 ohm coil it'll only pull about 3.46 volts from the battery. Not that this is a bad thing, but a 0.4ohm coil will be small. You'd get more flavor and probably vapor from a higher resistance coil.

However, to answer your question, you could make a 0.4ohm dual coil setup using 24agw Kanthal. You'd need 8 wraps on a 3mm rod.

That said, it wouldn't be a good vape. It would take forever to heat up and would eat battery life. Try out a 1.5 ohm coil if your atomizer (I don't know what you're using) has enough deck space. If your device supports single coils you can hit 1.5 ohms with 26agw.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It says right there on the spec sheet that it will fire down to 0.4 ohms. It's a regulated mod. You should be fine going down to 0.4 if you want to, but you won't see any benefit to it. It will only output 30W. So, if you have a 0.4 ohm coil it'll only pull about 3.46 volts from the battery. Not that this is a bad thing, but a 0.4ohm coil will be small. You'd get more flavor and probably vapor from a higher resistance coil.

However, to answer your question, you could make a 0.4ohm dual coil setup using 24agw Kanthal. You'd need 8 wraps on a 3mm rod.

That said, it wouldn't be a good vape. It would take forever to heat up and would eat battery life. Try out a 1.5 ohm coil if your atomizer (I don't know what you're using) has enough deck space. If your device supports single coils you can hit 1.5 ohms with 26agw.
Got the istick50w today and its working great with duel macros at .5ohm and 45w

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me to and I love it....for such a small mod it has some power

Yep. They're quite good if 50W fits your vaping style. Personally, I regularly vape at over 60W (granted it's a mech mod and I build all of my coils so I had to do some math to figure out what my average wattage is) so for me an iStick just wouldn't cut it.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep. They're quite good if 50W fits your vaping style. Personally, I regularly vape at over 60W (granted it's a mech mod and I build all of my coils so I had to do some math to figure out what my average wattage is) so for me an iStick just wouldn't cut it.
I build all my coils to,and vape more on the flavorchaser side of the spectrum then cloud chasing....but when I want to blow huge clouds its got the power to do so

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I build all my coils to,and vape more on the flavorchaser side of the spectrum then cloud chasing....but when I want to blow huge clouds its got the power to do so

Awesome. What I mean by the math was the I use a mech so I have to run ohms law (since I know the nominal voltage and the resistance of my coils and know the formula to get my wattage) 3.7V^2/0.22ohms=62.227Watts on my current setup. With a full charge I use 4.2^2/0.22=80.12Watts. This is quite a bit hotter than my usual 0.4-0.3 ohm coils.

These are under ideal circumstances. My actually wattage is lower due to volt drop through the mod and atomizer. Anyway, point is I'm happy it panned out for you. Vape on.

VU Sponsors