Become a Patron!

How Low Do You Build On A Tube Mech?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK I'll chime in

rant
Building super sub-ohm is what I call "stupid low", you don't need it and the vape is so fucking hot it's what the fuck? One can get a very nice warm vape between 0.15 and 0.2 with really good dense cloud production if they know how to fucking build right. It's not that hard, all it takes is asking questions, having a quality Mod with quality batteries, wire and atty. Take some time, learn and some practice it can be done without a problem.

With all that said though there are those that do build super sub ohm down around 0.05, but guess what? They compete in Cloud Comp's and know what the fuck they are doing. This plus having shit like quality equipment like a high dollar super accurate multimeter which aren't fucking cheap. They have experience, knowledge and the equipment to do that. This would be like F1 racers, it's not for the Novice let alone the Rookie. There's shit that they know other than just building, that is they take short pulls and let the batter rest/cool off between pulls. At the same time since they are abusing their batteries they check/test their batteries and not to mention fly through batteries since they are flat out abusing them. But again they know what the fuck they are doing and didn't just watch a couple of YouTubes and go "Clouds Bro".

Me I stay within the CDR, get excellent flavor, cloud production and it kicks ass. With 18650 Tube Mod's I stick around 0.2 using Sony VTC4's or VTC5A's. With my 26650 with a 30mm addy I stick around 0.15 with my iJoy 26650's, all within the CDR of the batteries. 99% are all with 317L SS Fused Claptons. There's no need to go stupid low, unless you've got the knowledge, experience and do Cloud Comps which BTW just isn't my thing. Personally I just don't get it, but if it's their thing more power to them, that is as long as they know what the fuck they're doing .

/rant

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
OK I'll chime in

rant
Building super sub-ohm is what I call "stupid low", you don't need it and the vape is so fucking hot it's what the fuck? One can get a very nice warm vape between 0.15 and 0.2 with really good dense cloud production if they know how to fucking build right. It's not that hard, all it takes is asking questions, having a quality Mod with quality batteries, wire and atty. Take some time, learn and some practice it can be done without a problem.

With all that said though there are those that do build super sub ohm down around 0.05, but guess what? They compete in Cloud Comp's and know what the fuck they are doing. This plus having shit like quality equipment like a high dollar super accurate multimeter which aren't fucking cheap. They have experience, knowledge and the equipment to do that. This would be like F1 racers, it's not for the Novice let alone the Rookie. There's shit that they know other than just building, that is they take short pulls and let the batter rest/cool off between pulls. At the same time since they are abusing their batteries they check/test their batteries and not to mention fly through batteries since they are flat out abusing them. But again they know what the fuck they are doing and didn't just watch a couple of YouTubes and go "Clouds Bro".

Me I stay within the CDR, get excellent flavor, cloud production and it kicks ass. With 18650 Tube Mod's I stick around 0.2 using Sony VTC4's or VTC5A's. With my 26650 with a 30mm addy I stick around 0.15 with my iJoy 26650's, all within the CDR of the batteries. 99% are all with 317L SS Fused Claptons. There's no need to go stupid low, unless you've got the knowledge, experience and do Cloud Comps which BTW just isn't my thing. Personally I just don't get it, but if it's their thing more power to them, that is as long as they know what the fuck they're doing .

/rant
All this^

After I do my AP review my next video will be a full on battery safety video

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even with a parallel box that's 46 amps on a 30amp set up. No good man. Only way .09 is safe is parallel with hb6 batts and it right at the limit technically it's. 093 for that set up

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I can't believe I posted that. Haha.
I'm on vacation it's our last night here in Tahoe. Getting our drink on. Lowest I'll go with One Samsung 25r fully charged and that's not even at 4.2v because all my 25rs instant voltage drop on any mech, so I'll vape a coil that's about 0.20ohms. With a Dual parallel box I'll go as low as 0.16ohms. I even have my parallel box with me and is fine. Batteries haven't gotten Hot or anything stupid.

The poster above telling me I'm stupid, STFU, I was buzzed and happen to make my way to this thread. No idea how I got here...

THE New guys messing with mods, serial or parallel. Read the specs on the batteries you use and use ohms law. Always 4.20VDC devided by the ohms on the atomizer.

Because I vape between 0.16-0.20ohms is my business my shift works, I chuck clouds all day long and never an issue. Doesn't mean You go out and do it.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

plastic-ashtray

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ro55co not everyone has the same definition of what's too hot to vape.
I've demonstrated I know it's unsafe and that I can build. Do I not fall into the experienced category?
If you had another hobby would you criticize the people doing potentially risky things in it?
Absolutely no one has said that any of this is perfectly safe, go on and try it noobs. I intended for this to be more of a poll than a getting shit on by guys who prefer Kayfuns.
But hey that's just like my opinion man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Currently I enjoy using simple, dual 26G SS316L coils, 2MM ID, around 8 wraps and this brings me around 0.22-0.25 after removing hotspots and levelling the coils (I quote this figure as this is the range the same build has turned out within on my meter).

I understand this is right on the edge of the batteries I use, although I feel comfortable here. This provides a nice, warm vape for me, and plenty of cloud. I know some people build much lower, but I myself do not feel safe doing so on a mech with the batteries I use.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When it comes to tubes, the only build I rock is 10 wrap 20g N80. Hits .15 which is my sweet spot & instant ramp up

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ro55co not everyone has the same definition of what's too hot to vape.
I've demonstrated I know it's unsafe and that I can build. Do I not fall into the experienced category?
If you had another hobby would you criticize the people doing potentially risky things in it?
Absolutely no one has said that any of this is perfectly safe, go on and try it noobs. I intended for this to be more of a poll than a getting shit on by guys who prefer Kayfuns.
But hey that's just like my opinion man.

Read my post again

plastic-ashtray

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Read my post again

I did. You're saying that it's not your preference but that those that know what they are doing are more than welcome to.
It's all fair.
I'm mostly defending my position as it being someone who watched a YouTube video on "how to chuck fat clouds bro".
The situation that got me into this was experimenting with parallel builds which you know puts you low which made me curious.
I have since rewrapped with 7 wraps of parallel 24 gauge which has me sitting at 0.17 which is as nice and within my CDR.
My apologies for the salt your way man. No hard feelings.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I'm sure it's been said in previous posts, how low you can go is based on the batteries you use coupled with vaping style. I stay between .12-.14 on my Pegasus mod, which some consider to be too low or unsafe, but I use the Aspire ICR 18650 3.7V batteries and have had no problems. But, I also keep my pulls to 2-3 seconds and don't typically "chain vape", so, that factors into the safety of the setup as well. For months I've been loving this dual-coil setup with 3-strand parallel coils using 26ga Nichrome 80 with 7 wraps around a 2.4mm screwdriver. Pretty warm vape, so, good airflow is key...been using that setup in my Mini Buddha (the 24mm version) 3 quarter open and getting huge clouds and killer flavor, but it is a bit of a juice hog and is a bit of a battery killer. Another good point about the Aspire batteries is that they cut off before getting dangerously low...at first I thought something was wrong because rather than getting weaker and weaker it went from strong hits to not working at all, but it turns out that's a feature, not a problem.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did. You're saying that it's not your preference but that those that know what they are doing are more than welcome to.
It's all fair.
I'm mostly defending my position as it being someone who watched a YouTube video on "how to chuck fat clouds bro".
The situation that got me into this was experimenting with parallel builds which you know puts you low which made me curious.
I have since rewrapped with 7 wraps of parallel 24 gauge which has me sitting at 0.17 which is as nice and within my CDR.
My apologies for the salt your way man. No hard feelings.
Yep, as long as someone does their homework, is aware of the risks and dangers I will not bash them. The ones that irritate the hell out of me are the lazy ass wankers who are also careless which are the ones who end up blowing their faces off. Those are the idiots that fuck it up for the entire Vaping community since we're under a microscope. The powers to be are out to find any minute excuse to ban Vaping, that's where I take issue with. Oh and I include irresponsible Vendors who push first time Vapers with irresponsible set ups which include shit batteries like eFest.

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had two Cuboids and a Sigelei 150 pre temperature control.

I haaaated my cuboid, get a VooPoo Drag, $50, durable as hell, nice weight, and gorgeous. Also idk if you still are but the vgod Elite tunes were on sale like 23$ off of msrp

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
r055c0 said "lazy ass wankers" === love that saying although it should be " arse" ( me being a brit ex-pat).
OH and i totally agree with your input here..:D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I like a .07 on a tube...bu I also know the risks in using such a low build on a tube and would not recommend others to do so.
I use cell heat to determine when its getting a bit risky, if its too hot to touch then your asking too much from the cell for the way you vape.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried vaping at .08 on a single battery, but found that I like .11 a bit better. For a nice hot vape I'll stick to my stacked (series) mechs... lowest I've built on a stacked tube is .24 with 2 batteries and .92 with 4 batteries, but with 2 batteries I prefer .28 and with 4 batteries at .92 my batteries needed to be half-charged (to about 14.5 volts total) instead of fully charged because at 16.8 volts the vape would taste like burned car tires.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.14 on 24mm and larger rda
.20 on 22mm and smaller rda

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like a .07 on a tube...bu I also know the risks in using such a low build on a tube and would not recommend others to do so.
I use cell heat to determine when its getting a bit risky, if its too hot to touch then your asking too much from the cell for the way you vape.
How long do you find before you have to switch batteries when building this low?
I only ask as I never have built this low on a tube myself, but I find that a build of say 0.2 lasts me longer than I thought it would of when I first started using mechs.

As you know the risks and what you are doing I think it is good vapers can actually achieve builds like this from a single battery! When you think what we can actually pull from a 18650 it is pretty amazing really.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How long do you find before you have to switch batteries when building this low?
I only ask as I never have built this low on a tube myself, but I find that a build of say 0.2 lasts me longer than I thought it would of when I first started using mechs.

As you know the risks and what you are doing I think it is good vapers can actually achieve builds like this from a single battery! When you think what we can actually pull from a 18650 it is pretty amazing really.
I usually have a few setups going on at once but Ill get a few hours before changing a battery, this is basically chainvaping for a minute or two and either giving it a break or switching setups. If you were to just vape until its gone then I would expect maybe an hour at most from it. Ive done a ton of testing ....as low as .03 on a tube and it performed well for 2-3 pulses of 5 seconds before it got too hot to touch which is a warning sign for me

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
.03 is insanely low. Geez. 582 Watts and 140 amps

I usually plug in 4 for parallel and single. That gives a better idea because the first pull lowers 4.18 to 4 and it kind of sticks there for a minute, then goes and stays at 3.89 for an hour or two of normal use. I don't chain vape my tube mod, that's why I like my mech the to be at .12-.14. that is the best range for me personally. On average my wattage is 100. I get a couple pulls passed 100 but nothing lower than 84 Watts. If that makes any sense.

I build in a way that I can tell if I'm only getting 75 to 80 Watts I know it's time to charge. 75 to 80 Watts with voltage sag and poor voltage ramp up makes it very easy to tell when the performance is teetering on the 3.7 and I tend to charge at 3.7.

For me, the ramp up time is key in telling when to recharge. Unregulated series is alright for fun, but it's not logical to use. It's just far to extreme and the coils your going to use choke out the wick.

Parallel, or regulated series is the only way. The best Vaping experience is found within these two.

Parallel provide the best vape in my opinion. You can really use some wonderful set ups once you realize less mass, lower ohm coils rule this arena.

5 wrap FC that is staggered wrapped 24 to 26g core wire very effective flavorful vape. I find that that staggered wrap actually helps a faster ramp up on a mechanical mod because there's less wire Mass albiet not much, when building for mechanical parallel less is more. Less wraps, less wire. Lower ohms.

These are just little tips I've figured it while using mostly mech setups and unregulated setups this last 3 weeks.

I can tell you guys how many coil and wick set ups I've put in and tore out. Finally settling for

Single or parallel builds shine with 5 wraps not 6, 26 g fc, staggered wrapped. Not a staggered fused Clapton, but the wraps on the fused Clapton are staggered.

Love you all. I really love mechanical unregulated parallel.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
Unregulated series is alright for fun, but it's not logical to use. It's just far to extreme and the coils your going to use choke out the wick.

I don't want to start an argument, you're totally entitled to your opinion, but I just wanted to chime in and say that hasn't been my experience with series. I vape mech series pretty much as my ADV, I use a single battery tube mod as well though, but my wicking always works properly and lasts for days in series. I don't go insanely low, I keep it around 0.3 at 8.4v. If someone reading this is having problems wicking, I'd probably suggest making sure they have an RDA suited to series, my personal preference is 2-post decks 24mm and up, like the Kennedy or Mini Temple. Some RDA decks can be a bit difficult to fit the coil you want and still have room for the wick to breathe.

I've never tried triple or quad series though, that's pretty insane! I could see it being hard to keep it from burning without a massive 30-40mm RDA and gigantic ID coils with a ton of wraps. :D

Cheers zombie. :cheers:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't want to start an argument, you're totally entitled to your opinion, but I just wanted to chime in and say that hasn't been my experience with series. I vape mech series pretty much as my ADV, I use a single battery tube mod as well though, but my wicking always works properly and lasts for days in series. I don't go insanely low, I keep it around 0.3 at 8.4v. If someone reading this is having problems wicking, I'd probably suggest making sure they have an RDA suited to series, my personal preference is 2-post decks 24mm and up, like the Kennedy or Mini Temple. Some RDA decks can be a bit difficult to fit the coil you want and still have room for the wick to breathe.

I've never tried triple or quad series though, that's pretty insane! I could see it being hard to keep it from burning without a massive 30-40mm RDA and gigantic ID coils with a ton of wraps. :D

I love series mods and vape on them fairly regular, my go to build are fused claptons at around 0.6Ω then for my +> atty's around 0.4Ω

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
I love series mods and vape on them fairly regular, my go to build are fused claptons at around 0.6Ω then for my +> atty's around 0.4Ω

My favourite go-to is probably 0.3 to 0.35, like 8 wraps of fused clapton. 0.6 must have really nice battery life, I should try going higher again. I have a beautiful looking pair of 0.3 series Aliens from @b_d_builders that I'll be vaping on next though. :D

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favourite go-to is probably 0.3 to 0.35, like 8 wraps of fused clapton. 0.6 must have really nice battery life, I should try going higher again. I have a beautiful looking pair of 0.3 series Aliens from @b_d_builders that I'll be vaping on next though. :D
Too hot for me and not enjoyable, plus battery life sucks that low. I just spin my own fused Claptons

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I have a quad series mech setup. I don't think it is insane... with my tigers (28g Kanthal A1 / .3×.1 Kanthal A1 ribbon) dual coil build at .92 ohms on the Purge Mods Maelstrom, which has a build deck that's only 19.5mm, all I basically had to do was keep the volts below about 14.5 because I tried it with 16.8 volts and that made the vape taste like burned car tires.

tigers2.jpgquad series.jpg

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

c5ba004b4e0a293eba8633ec6e209d3c.jpg

Sorry...couldn’t help myself!

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a quad series mech setup. I don't think it is insane... with my tigers (28g Kanthal A1 / .3×.1 Kanthal A1 ribbon) dual coil build at .92 ohms on the Purge Mods Maelstrom, which has a build deck that's only 19.5mm, all I basically had to do was keep the volts below about 14.5 because I tried it with 16.8 volts and that made the vape taste like burned car tires.

View attachment 100193View attachment 100194

Bruh that’s a damn lightsaber lol

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hahaha. To each is own. I might revisit it. Really happy with my hybrid right now

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors