Become a Patron!

How many batteries ?

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious how many batteries everyone goes through in a day. Every since I started squonking with my VT75 I go through batteries like a mug. I use MXJO 3000mAh batteries but still find myself changing pretty often. I am retired so I squonk a lot during the day and night. I go through a minimum of 4-5 batteries a day and wondered if that is real off base.
Thanks for your input !!

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It really depends on your wattage and how often you are hitting it. If you are pushing it at high wattage and chain vaping, that usage wouldn't surprise me at all.

I tend to use mechs with highish resistance resulting in low wattage (20-25 usually) and I easily get a full day out of a single battery.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No idea truly... A lot is a number right? I work mostly from home so really never paid much attention... I do have 6 on the charger all day, so probably more than that as a guess.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No idea truly... A lot is a number right? I work mostly from home so really never paid much attention... I do have 6 on the charger all day, so probably more than that as a guess.

Guess I am pretty much on track. I am accustomed to dual battery mods so changing the single batteries seem to come very frequently. I have been using temp control with SS coils at .22 ohms. I like a real warm vape at about 525 degrees. I have plenty of batteries so it's not really an issue.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah again a lot , I use a few different devices an can go through 2 - 4 single batteries a day on just one mod , As well as using different mods

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I go through 3 batteries a day normally but also deplete part of 2 and single cell cell or built in battery MOD's. So you could estimate on a couple of days if you want to get critical.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I can get through a day 2 batteries, no problem. My EDC mod gets a freshly charged battery (and the juice bottle refilled) every day. The two other mods in my current rotation that are only used at home get a battery swap and juice bottle fill-up every 2-3 days. They're generally no lower that 3.7-3.8V when I pull 'em out. If push came to shove, I could probably make it through a whole day on one battery, but I don't think I'd be very happy about having to do that. There are advantages tootle-puffing a single, relatively simple coil at 20-ish watts. :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been using 2500mAh batteries; 25R's and HE2's... they last me 2 full days, or pretty damn close to 2 full days, unless I'm vaping more than usual. Just ordered a couple of 3000mAh 30Q's last night, so hopefully the 2 full days will be guaranteed.

Andria

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using 2500mAh batteries; 25R's and HE2's... they last me 2 full days, or pretty damn close to 2 full days, unless I'm vaping more than usual. Just ordered a couple of 3000mAh 30Q's last night, so hopefully the 2 full days will be guaranteed.

Andria
I use a lot of 30q,s always 4 on charge constantly good cells but can hammer 4 a day on 75c

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use a lot of 30q,s always 4 on charge constantly good cells but can hammer 4 a day on 75c

Which is just one of the many excellent reasons why I vape at <10w. It uses both batteries and ejuice VERY sparingly. I simply can't abide the idea of just throwing away money by vaping at some absurd wattage (anything over 10w!). Saving my health is a great side effect of vaping, but the BEST side effect is a) not throwing away obscene amounts of money, and b) the very best by far: not having to run outdoors every 30 minutes!

Call me a tightwad, I don't care; I will smile all the way to the bank. :)

Andria

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which is just one of the many excellent reasons why I vape at <10w. It uses both batteries and ejuice VERY sparingly. I simply can't abide the idea of just throwing away money by vaping at some absurd wattage (anything over 10w!). Saving my health is a great side effect of vaping, but the BEST side effect is a) not throwing away obscene amounts of money, and b) the very best by far: not having to run outdoors every 30 minutes!

Andria

Nothing wrong with being a tightwad just not my style. :giggle::giggle:

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
I vape no more than 25 w and mainly at 15_20w on single coil RTA,s
I have quite a few dual coil RTA,s now,
An I do have all the Steam Crave tanks as well great Flavourful vapes from them.
as Supremes ect.
But i tend to like the single coil RTA,s more recently lower power lower juice consuption but chain vaping i can still hammer through a bit of juice a day ,along with quite a few cells,
Since I do chain vape and diy my own juice,
then switch tank for different Flavours through out the day,
So use different mods
Got a bit obsessive collecting
b08420526c0192de20f97178bd40fa4e.jpg
d327b50f69c1e22c15e3c5b1e5be04fa.jpg
d1a434be1fc643e5bdf601a200114512.jpg
9d78bd419bb523af51c98c94fb8076ac.jpg

A lot of builds 10w wouldn't even start to warm the coil up let alone produce Vapour if using more than one wire.

I dont get or like the smok TF tanks 300w coils to me seems utter waste but everyone is different i get get similar vape production an Flavours at less than a quarter of that but everyone is different , for some its a hobby others an investment or way of life to some its a chore , that's the good thing of Vaping different tanks RDA,s an Flavours to suit everyone an best of all staying off stinkies

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape no more than 25 w and mainly at 15_20w on single coil RTA,s
I have quite a few dual coil RTA,s now,
An I do have all the Steam Crave tanks as well great Flavourful vapes from them.
as Supremes ect.
But i tend to like the single coil RTA,s more recently lower power lower juice consuption but chain vaping i can still hammer through a bit of juice a day ,along with quite a few cells,
Since I do chain vape and diy my own juice,
then switch tank for different Flavours through out the day,
So use different mods
Got a bit obsessive collecting
b08420526c0192de20f97178bd40fa4e.jpg
d327b50f69c1e22c15e3c5b1e5be04fa.jpg
d1a434be1fc643e5bdf601a200114512.jpg
9d78bd419bb523af51c98c94fb8076ac.jpg

A lot of builds 10w wouldn't even start to warm the coil up let alone produce Vapour if using more than one wire.

I dont get or like the smok TF tanks 300w coils to me seems utter waste but everyone is different i get get similar vape production an Flavours at less than a quarter of that but everyone is different , for some its a hobby others an investment or way of life to some its a chore , that's the good thing of Vaping different tanks RDA,s an Flavours to suit everyone an best of all staying off stinkies

I used Kayfuns for quite a while -- single coil RTAs; they were my first "real" vapes, i.e., great vapes, after ditching the initial clearomizers. It was still fairly early in my vaping, and I did manage to get thru about 8-10ml per day with those, vaping around 9.5-10.5 watts -- apparently I was chainvaping a good deal. :D My husband really noticed first that I wasn't vaping so often, after I'd been vaping maybe a year or so. Nothing really changed; I was steadily reducing the amount of WTA I was using, but was still using 10mg nicotine; I think it was really just that a lot of my physical addiction was disappearing, as I gradually reduced the WTA, and after being away from smoking for about a year, even the behavioral addiction was gradually lessening. Now I vape at 3mg, the WTA has been gone since March 2016, and I get thru about 4.5-5 ml per day.

I smoked for almost 40 yrs, so I didn't expect that any of this would happen quickly -- I only drank for about 13 yrs, but it was probably 10-15 yrs before my alcoholic brain stopped thinking immediately of a drink when any stress was applied. But I now know it's entirely possible for a hardcore smoking addiction to gradually lose its hold, given a reasonable replacement, and a real desire to be a non-smoker. Expecting it to happen quickly, that's a good way to feel like a failure; the best thing is to just continue being a non-smoker, and over time, it gradually just disappears. I don't know if I will ever be able to totally quit vaping, but I never thought I'd quit smoking either, so who knows? Stranger things have happened... to all of us diehard smokers who thought we'd never be able to quit... and are now happy vapers. :)

Andria

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have 2 VT 75s old OG in chrome and the new Dna 75c , don't get a low battery warning on any ,

That's awesome.

I'm getting it right now on my hotcig dx75. I'm running an obs engine with a 0.2 build at 51 watts. My battery is at 56% and I'm getting a weak battery warning. I'm getting ready to retire it as I'll be getting a dna75c soon.
66413bbe03ec11c0641793a996a32672.jpg
a6faf39dd0d1e381ac5973c07743ca33.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm getting it right now on my hotcig dx75. I'm running an obs engine with a 0.2 build at 51 watts. My battery is at 56% and I'm getting a weak battery warning. I'm getting ready to retire it as I'll be getting a dna75c soon

What battery are you using in the DX75?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I normally go through 2 X 3000 mAh batteries a day.

Less if I am spending a lot of time in my car as I have my Dripbox plugged in and using it in passthrough mode.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm getting it right now on my hotcig dx75. I'm running an obs engine with a 0.2 build at 51 watts. My battery is at 56% and I'm getting a weak battery warning.
I believe that's indicative of the board seeing an excessive voltage drop at its input under load. This could be due to a battery that actually is weak, or a less than optimal connection somewhere between the battery and the board. Have you tried cleaning/polishing the contacts, both on the battery itself and in the mod?

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
3 batteries every 2 days if I am using the rx200s, which I am about to throw at the wall... pos. 2 a day if I am using the hex, probably could away with longer, but lack of knowing the battery level causes me to charge early.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's awesome.

I'm getting it right now on my hotcig dx75. I'm running an obs engine with a 0.2 build at 51 watts. My battery is at 56% and I'm getting a weak battery warning. I'm getting ready to retire it as I'll be getting a dna75c soon.
66413bbe03ec11c0641793a996a32672.jpg
a6faf39dd0d1e381ac5973c07743ca33.jpg
I tend to not use a single battery mod for anything over 40w , and wouldn't use a 3000mah cell either
It would be a VTC5A for higher wattage but thats what i have dual triple and lipos mods for higher wattage vaping your just not going to get much vaping time with wattage that high on a single cell. Mainly use my 75 an 75c for single coil low wattage tanks other wise it would tax that cell too much. Thres a few nice dual 75c mods out now 2 from lost vapes a VT 75C D mod out also

The stabwood yiloong 75C looks very nice but
a none removable cell is a no no just isnt convenient for me.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tend to not use a single battery mod for anything over 40w , and wouldn't use a 3000mah cell either
It would be a VTC5A for higher wattage but thats what i have dual triple and lipos mods for higher wattage vaping your just not going to get much vaping time with wattage that high on a single cell. Mainly use my 75 an 75c for single coil low wattage tanks other wise it would tax that cell too much. Thres a few nice dual 75c mods out now 2 from lost vapes a VT 75C D mod out also

The stabwood yiloong 75C looks very nice but
a none removable cell is a no no just isnt convenient for me.

40 watts multiplied by at least three is what I chain vape on a single VTC5A in a tube mech (at usually somewhere around .11 ohms). Well... I don't actually chain vape on it EXCESSIVELY like that, but anyway... it's still called chain vaping nevertheless, albeit I am frequently using multiple setups so that I can then let the batteries cool down whilst I continue to chain vape on the next setup─albeit my XXX stacked (with dual iJoy 20700 in series) at .28 ohms the batteries don't heat up fast so it kind of also depends what flavor I like to chain vape more.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
40 watts multiplied by at least three is what I chain vape on a single VTC5A in a tube mech (at usually somewhere around .11 ohms). Well... I don't actually chain vape on it EXCESSIVELY like that, but anyway... it's still called chain vaping nevertheless, albeit I am frequently using multiple setups so that I can then let the batteries cool down whilst I continue to chain vape on the next setup─albeit my XXX stacked (with dual iJoy 20700 in series) at .28 ohms the batteries don't heat up fast so it kind of also depends what flavor I like to chain vape more.
I regularly vape tubes at .12 when using vtc5as.

The 5s and 6s are just hands down the best possible 18650s. I will say I've had a few that were almost like duds. I was sent replacements. That being said I've never had a dud 25r. If your building above .18 I'd seriously go with the 25rs, vtc6 or hg2s. Hg2s I'll use it I'm at .2 to .3 and honestly single 18650s I really don't like the vape above the highest .2...

.2 is a good single coil vape. Not like the .11s but still enjoyable. I find I will go almost to where I am like ehhh, and keep it there. That way I'm staying off the charger a little longer.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I regularly vape tubes at .12 when using vtc5as.

The 5s and 6s are just hands down the best possible 18650s. I will say I've had a few that were almost like duds. I was sent replacements. That being said I've never had a dud 25r. If your building above .18 I'd seriously go with the 25rs, vtc6 or hg2s. Hg2s I'll use it I'm at .2 to .3 and honestly single 18650s I really don't like the vape above the highest .2...

.2 is a good single coil vape. Not like the .11s but still enjoyable. I find I will go almost to where I am like ehhh, and keep it there. That way I'm staying off the charger a little longer.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
I'd seriously NOT go with the 25R, VTC6 or HG2. For how I like to vape, those all are completely useless, even flat out dangerous for me to vape on them... until a few days ago the only 18650 batteries I had were VTC5A (18 of them actually), but now I also have the Vapcell Black (4 pieces) at 30 amps CDR because I wanted higher watts.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Currently vape 12mg unflavored in my squonker, I change the battery when my juice bottle (6-7ml) is close to empty, so that would probably be once every 5-7 days ;)

VU Sponsors