Become a Patron!

How many friends do you have that vape

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of my friends were non smokers and have never seen the point in taking up vaping. I've converted a lot of smokers but actual friends I have in my life (and not counting online friends only) who vape are very few. Maybe 4 lol. I'm guessing someone will say like a hundred

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just 1 other in my "circle" ... brother in law

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i am the lone vapetress. out-of-place-smiley.gif
for now anyhoo.....workin' on it.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I do wish I had more friends who vaped. Every time we met would be a vape meet and we could share or swap gear. How amazing would that be.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I do wish I had more friends who vaped. Every time we met would be a vape meet and we could share or swap gear. How amazing would that be.
Yes that would be cool. If your not in a big circle you do miss opportunities .

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are so fortunate @Smoky Blue I've suggested on many a website about uk meets and local meets. But it's hard just getting people out of their rooms and mostly got the response of 'what for, we've nothing but vape in common'. Many of us have so much gear now, redundant gear especially, that everyone would benefit by meeting up and sharing, selling, swapping. In yonder past computer enthusiasts would meet up regularly to show and share what they'd achieved with their innovations and it helped develop the computer world into what we have today. Perhaps I'm just too enthusiastic

avaper2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am all alone. The people I am around do not smoke either. I do have a sister I am trying to convert long distance.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Trust me.. in my state, we have maybe 45-50 b&m's.. they all do not get along with each other..
as for the vapers here.. can't get organized to even hold a get together, let alone a meet..
I hear tales on what a real vape meet is like.. but that means leaving the state, and going elsewhere..
something I can't afford, right now, but maybe later on..

You aren't too enthusiastic.. keep your faith up, Hobby.. one day I hope it all can happen for you..
just like me, I hope the same here.. ;)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This was what it was all about - the homebrew club. People had hair in those days lol. But they got together and many became very rich because of it. We have a technology and society still in it's infancy and the potential to gain ownership of it, but we don't. And unless we do then some will make a quick buck but imho it won't last forever. Vape is not a charity. It's a business. But these guys below showed us how to fuel a growing industry. And they were relentless. Our trouble is we don't see long term. We only look for things when they're lost. We wait for the storm to build a ship. If things had been different, Intel Apple Microsoft … would've ended up in Shenzhen.

image.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This was what it was all about - the homebrew club. People had hair in those days lol. But they got together and many became very rich because of it. We have a technology and society still in it's infancy and the potential to gain ownership of it, but we don't. And unless we do then some will make a quick buck but imho it won't last forever. Vape is not a charity. It's a business. But these guys below showed us how to fuel a growing industry. And they were relentless. Our trouble is we don't see long term. We only look for things when they're lost. We wait for the storm to build a ship. If things had been different, Intel Apple Microsoft … would've ended up in Shenzhen.

View attachment 2336

Good times, that. I still have the hair.... :p

RichS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No one I know smokes or vapes, but I did give a guy I met at a airport a spare iTaste I had on me, he kept running back and forth to the smoking area trying to get in as much as he could before we took off, I told him to use it in the shitter when we were up. He told me "thanks friend" so I'll count that as one.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The few that tried never stuck with it because they didn't take my advice. So I am the lone vaper.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like there's a lot more of us lone vapers than expected. I know people that come and go. Maybe stop by for juice or an order. Nothing much more. From viewing forums you get the impression that everyone's surrounded by vapers

LadyBren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, and I'm so lonely :( I live in a very small town with a shop that "thinks" it's a sort of
vape shop but only sells spinners and small tanks with a line of China juice. There are
people at my work that vape but have no idea (not for my lack of trying) what's really
out there and are always confused by my gear.
That is why I am so glad I have had places like this to come to along the way.
Awww, you guys Rock!! :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IRL, I don't know anyone who vapes. One other guy in the complex I know does, but we ain't exactly buddies.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All of my friends around here vape.
I don't know anyone around here who vapes.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i see a lot of people vaping, but i don't know any of them. and they may see me vaping too, but they don't know me either. :p

hitman4274

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
got a lot of my friends and Coworkers vaping now.. so a decent chunk of the people I know have picked it up from watching me vape...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i see a lot of people vaping, but i don't know any of them. and they may see me vaping too, but they don't know me either. :p
With you as an exception of course - vaping is the new way for us ugly people to get noticed :confused:

VU Sponsors