Become a Patron!

How many MTL vapors do we have here?

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Overall it's very worthwhile. The coil changing happens every few months (unless I want to change earlier for some reason), it's just the wick changing that's about weekly (just like your premade coils) and once you get used to it, it only takes a few extra minutes over the premades and again worthwhile for the better flavor/vape. Though... I'm lazy as well and can't blame you. It's kind of a hobby/stress relief thing for me at this point. Get home do maintenance on one of the setups, as I vape. Rotate which setup each day... I have 8 of them I use now :p
I understand why everyone does it. I just despise doing it. I have shaky hands and bad eyes. I can wrap a decent enough basic cool. I can manage to put it in. But it doesn't make any difference in the vape, usually it's not all that good of a vape for that matter. I never got into the hobby of it

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I understand why everyone does it. I just despise doing it. I have shaky hands and bad eyes. I can wrap a decent enough basic cool. I can manage to put it in. But it doesn't make any difference in the vape, usually it's not all that good of a vape for that matter. I never got into the hobby of it
Maybe a different wicking material, or more break in time? I much prefer re-built. I only do basic coils, myself.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hell, I m2l occasionally. Right now I'm enjoying my ancient Buzz Pro with the Hornet RDA.TW Rhubarb Custard/FLV Vanilla Custard at 6 mg. I still enjoy good ol ribbon nichrome and silica.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
With the newer tanks, you can get almost as good a vape without building. I still build BECUASE I enjoy it. I have a subtank for those days that I'm just not feeling very regular. but the vape is good enough to where it would satisfy me fine, to stop building,

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hear you, there are some days I just ignore a setup because it needs rewicking or something tweaked and I just can't be bothered... sometimes that's for days. But, like your home improvement renovations, it's that thing I jump to when that spark of motivation and readiness hits.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was just messing with always
So.. no hug?

Vlayp.gif

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's a chore. I hate mixing too

I procrastinate it till the last possible second. But with building coils, it's usually because the one I just got dry-burned and re-wicked and refilled and ready to vape, decided to snap on my first hit. :facepalm: So then I have no choice, I have to clear a spot on my messy vape counter, drag the vise up from the floor, and get to it. Provokes a bit of choice language, no bigger hassle than that.

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think a lot of people just assume "well you can just close the airflow down" which anyone who actually likes a MTL knows, that's just not really the same thing as a MTL designed setup.
exactly! i like the calix but, I'm over spending that much money on tanks again! i have a small fortune invested as it is, and I'm done with that. I got lucky with the deal i made for the hurricane; and, said that was the last time i did that. I use RDA's far more often anyway.
at the rate the DL high vilume tanks have been coming out lately, its blinding. Not to say they are bad, i love my billow v3, and was using it all day today. I cant wait for the augvape MTL tank to come out; like you said, tuning down a dl tank, just doesn't work as well. i love the flavor out of a tiny chamber and resistive draw

Last edited:

CaveCanem

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't wanna fix my shit it works

Eta: I do like the premade coils. I hate building so much
I'm right there with ya' girl!! MTL premade coils for me. I vape high ohms and low wattage and it just works for me, and after 38 years 2.5 packs a day I've been cig free for 2 years now. Everyone that started vaping when I did is sub-ohming and building coils, and that's great for them, just not for me. I want vaping to be easy and fuss free for me. There's something out there for everybody, we should all just use what works for US.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The ALLERIA is a great MTL, intense flavor..
The Merlin is taking too long

VAPE IT
Augvape and I are in the process of bringing you a budget friendly RTA suitable for m2l and d2l :) I know this group is being left behind in the "affordable" category. If all goes as planned, maybe 2-3 weeks?

I'll be watching this thread and assisting if I can, being that I was a m2l vaper for a long time. I've owned a huge number of RTAs in this category, and some RDAs as well.

I so can hardly wait for this new atty!!!

My favorite mtl is my REO w/ chalice III clone 1 ohm build.

Yesterday, I rewicked my Reomizer 2 with pima cotton and now I'm liking it flavorwise over the Chalice.

Been on a quest for the perfect MTL tank for vaping at work and other times when I just want to "vape dammit" but have yet to find it - mainly because my building skills are in their infancy :)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
exactly! i like the calix but, I'm over spending that much money on tanks again! i have a small fortune invested as it is, and I'm done with that. I got lucky with the deal i made for the hurricane; and, said that was the last time i did that. I use RDA's far more often anyway.
at the rate the DL high vilume tanks have been coming out lately, its blinding. Not to say they are bad, i love my billow v3, and was using it all day today. I cant wait for the augvape MTL tank to come out; like you said, tuning down a dl tank, just doesn't work as well. i love the flavor out of a tiny chamber and resistive draw
Yup Yup Yup! The Diablo does a damn fine job of it, but I haven't come across any others. And, while I'm not going to call anyone wrong, when I see people talking about making the Boreas a MTL... :huh: but hey, maybe they're doing something I haven't tried before.

What gets me the most is the damn whistle of closing the DL tanks, that plus lack of flavor... anyways I don't want to rant about it.

I'm with you on being well stocked and feeling done with the big RTAs, didn't really want to get the Boreas but it was on sale for something like $30+FS, so I grabbed it as a completion thing, and very glad I did (it is pretty awesome, but it is 'too much' for me). I still "need" to grab a GS tank, seen enough folks like Whiskey suggest it for a MTL setup... I just, well I hate being a slave to premade coils and tiny RBAs that I get frustrated even looking at them (so tiny! I have fat hands).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So ive said it a few times. I vape both DL and MTL. My normal daily vape lately has been either a Petri RDA, or indestructible, both with a SS fused Clapton build at 65-70 watts on the dna 200- or- Aeolus at 50 with a 24g build . Then in the evening when I relax, I go to either the NarDA on my REO or a kf4, aqua or elrkoenigin at 22w for mouth to lung.

I know a lot of us tend to walk both sides of that fence, but quite frankly there is not a whole lot of MTL gear newly coming to market, at a reasonable price. The tanks I mentioned above were far from cheap. Recently the Calix, GEM2 and even the new Russian that came out were all expensive. I'm looking to see what you guys use, that is a reasonably priced mtl vape. RDA or RTA, preferably single coil.

I saw the shorty mtl thread, but I thought I would start this, since not all MTL tanks are short.
I have many many mods drippers and tanks, every now and again I'll grab the ol Spinner II with the tiny aspire tank and MTL, the damn thing actually produces some good flavor, similar to a tight dripper.

But seldom do I venture far from the squonkers chucking chunky clouds, just can't beat the flavor regardless of the tank.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Boreas but it was on sale for something like $30+FS, so I grabbed it as a completion thing, and very glad I did

Glad I have it too - I've been experimenting with a wide variety of drip tips, fave so far is an angled taller chuff style. I draw with just about half in my mouth, and it almost gives me the throat hit I crave.

While it doesn't give me the same throat hit I love, the flavor and smoothness of the whole vape experience with it is so good I've been vaping about a tank a day at 1.1 ohms, 45 watts. My batteries hate this thing, btw.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes my Boreas whistles when only one ajc is open

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
<--- Raises hand. Strictly MTl, and the 'l' is lower-case for a reason.

Strictly bottom-fed as well. Small-chambered RDAs. It's dirt simple. I'm not dependent on anything pre-made. It's worked for me for over two years now, and I see no reason to change it.

Last edited:

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep, that's the atty that taught me just how over-flavored most vendor juices are. I've got the air-holes on mine drilled out all the way to 1.5mm. One of them might even be 1/16". You?
I still use mine for single coils. I drilled the hole to 1.2 mm so it's still pretty tight for intense flavor. I'll build a dual and pop on the AFC cap ;). I love this RDA. Vicious Ant did a beautiful job on these pieces. I always keep my Reo/Cyclone on my nightstand. I vape it while watching tv, and for in the middle of the night fixes :)

Come to think of it. Cyrus Vap sent the Cyclone to me for a gift. He did all the drilling. Even converted it to a BF. He did one hell of a job. I drilled out my ERA to 1.2 mm. Cyrus drilled the same sized hole as well. :)

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Glad I have it too - I've been experimenting with a wide variety of drip tips, fave so far is an angled taller chuff style. I draw with just about half in my mouth, and it almost gives me the throat hit I crave.

While it doesn't give me the same throat hit I love, the flavor and smoothness of the whole vape experience with it is so good I've been vaping about a tank a day at 1.1 ohms, 45 watts. My batteries hate this thing, btw.

We need to get you an rx200. 30% off sale tonight at eciggity. Go grab one and some batteries. Code SPRING30

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think a lot of people just assume "well you can just close the airflow down" which anyone who actually likes a MTL knows, that's just not really the same thing as a MTL designed setup.

Not even close! It needs to be optimized for single-coil and a very tight draw.

Andria

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not even close! It needs to be optimized for single-coil and a very tight draw.

Andria
IMO not just a tight draw but an internal tight draw. Small chamber, internal limited airflow. Just an external airflow restriction simply isn't enough.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We need to get you an rx200. 30% off sale tonight at eciggity. Go grab one and some batteries. Code SPRING30

I was already there and bought the SS Boreas, lol.

However, I did win a Sigelei 200W last Friday from Breezy.com. I got the tracking code from them a few hours ago.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
IMO not just a tight draw but an internal tight draw. Small chamber, internal limited airflow. Just an external airflow restriction simply isn't enough.

I wish i could figure out why the Achilles is so awesome -- the interior really isn't that small, but the airhole right under the coil is extremely small, and the topcap has that little drop-down doohicky inside it. It's by far the best vape I've ever had.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I wish i could figure out why the Achilles is so awesome -- the interior really isn't that small, but the airhole right under the coil is extremely small, and the topcap has that little drop-down doohicky inside it. It's by far the best vape I've ever had.

Andria

Don't know how genuine this is, but love the message on the bottom --- its you all the way Andria - Achilles RDA.png

Attachments

• Achilles RDA.png
    Achilles RDA.png
    973 KB · Views: 15

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't know how genuine this is, but love the message on the bottom --- its you all the way Andria - View attachment 48281

ROFL! Definitely not genuine, the authentics and the clones are 22mm attys -- I don't have a mod that would look right with a 28.5mm atty on it! But yeah, I do like that "serial number"... heehhehehe

Andria

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My favorite at the moment is a combination of the Nebula Wine and the Tube rta. Both from FT. The chimney of the wine screws in nicely to the tube base and I use one of the rings from a Kayfun quartz tank to mate the two together. The Tube is a clone of the Limelight Tube but with better airflow. It is sort of a combination of a kayfun and an aromamizer. The combination of the two holds 5ml, is really quiet and never leaks. Other than that, I have been using my Kayfun Monster V3's which are my go to tank.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wish there were more MTL tanks coming out.
Seems to me that we are shit out of luck with the single coil MTL tanks. The ones that are coming out have larger and larger interior air holes in them. None of those are for MTL. I had a lot of aerotank coils left over from my pre-coiled days and I use the insulators from them to reduce the size of the airhole to suit my taste. It works really well. I hated closing off the exterior airflow so that it was hardly open at all. It was near impossible to adjust the airflow. Now I can keep most of them at least half open and adjust as I want. Where there is a will there is a way!!!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Seems to me that we are shit out of luck with the single coil MTL tanks. The ones that are coming out have larger and larger interior air holes in them. None of those are for MTL. I had a lot of aerotank coils left over from my pre-coiled days and I use the insulators from them to reduce the size of the airhole to suit my taste. It works really well. I hated closing off the exterior airflow so that it was hardly open at all. It was near impossible to adjust the airflow. Now I can keep most of them at least half open and adjust as I want. Where there is a will there is a way!!!

I think I understand the reason. Most of the high end attys are m2l. It seems when China makes an authentic m2l atty though, it doesn't sell well. Clones of high end stuff sells better. So for about the past year, China has been marketing authentics to the d2l vapers, and now there is a division.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
gennys

VU Sponsors