Become a Patron!

How many MTL vapors do we have here?

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Eleaf GS isn't an RTA, but has good flavor, looks good on small mods, very economical and I managed to rebuilt one of the heads. The UD Goblin Mini RTA looks great on small mods, excellent flavor, there's also a top fill v2 out now. I just like small tanks for small mods.
Thanks! I see in one of your earlier posts that you prefer the v1 of the goblin rather than the v2?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks! I see in one of your earlier posts that you prefer the v1 of the goblin rather than the v2?
I do, but, only for my main flavor. It's a DIY cookie vape and it doesn't taste the same in the v2. My other ADV is a fruity macaroon bar and it's PHENOMENOL in the v2, and in the v1. The v2 is a little more picky with wicking, but still, I do like it.

F

fckaugust8th

The Pico kit is a good one, I put a 1.8 ohm coil in the Melo 3 mini and it is a decent mtl tank. The tfv4 micro with the rba works as well. You may want to look at the kabuki clone or the kayfun mini v3 clone. I have the kabuki with the nautilus rba but the nautilus and triton mini coils work well in it. The kayfun mini v3 wicking takes a little figuring out but once you get it, it is worth it.

F

fckaugust8th

@Henry, the kayfun wicking is not so much a matter of how, but of how much. Too much, dry hits, not enough, it leaks. Personally, I like the kabuki clones but not everyone does. Other tanks to consider are Pico clone, UD balrog, triton mini (not really a fav. unless you like a looser draw). Up and coming are the Bachelor nano/mini? whenever it becomes available and the Merlin possibly. The Merlin is supposed to be a dl or mtl tank, depending on your preference. We'll know more about it in a month or so. All I can say is that the merlin is from a new company (Augvape) that released the boreas and alleria, both very well machined,great dl tanks. Augvape seems to take into consideration the needs and wants of people like you and me, they actually work with people that vape and know a thing or three about vaping gear.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
famous words with wicking the kayfun... LESS IS MORE
you want the wick to pass through the coil from side to side with minimal resistance and cut it to just touch the foor by the juice ports - not blocking them.
I found that it helps to comb the wick a bit also

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Brewbear! If the melo 3 works ok as MTL, I might just get the kit to start... this won't be my primary device, just something to throw in my pocket when I don't want to take out my fancy mods. I guess the main concern I have with tanks is leaking.
And from what I understand, the Melo can take several different types of coils-- and the type of coil used can change the airflow?
I found the "Next-gen shorty tanks" thread. I don't want to invest much $$ right now, as I've had bad luck with tanks in the past and am quite happy with my set-ups currently, but it looks like there are a few tanks/RTA that might be really great if I do end up wanting to upgrade.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
@Henry, the kayfun wicking is not so much a matter of how, but of how much. Too much, dry hits, not enough, it leaks. Personally, I like the kabuki clones but not everyone does. Other tanks to consider are Pico clone, UD balrog, triton mini (not really a fav. unless you like a looser draw). Up and coming are the Bachelor nano/mini? whenever it becomes available and the Merlin possibly. The Merlin is supposed to be a dl or mtl tank, depending on your preference. We'll know more about it in a month or so. All I can say is that the merlin is from a new company (Augvape) that released the boreas and alleria, both very well machined,great dl tanks. Augvape seems to take into consideration the needs and wants of people like you and me, they actually work with people that vape and know a thing or three about vaping gear.

Those Kabuki clones are excellent for those who don't want to build. They are indeed every bit as good as the authentic (which the 510s are out of production anyway) and really deliver flavor for a non-rebuildable. And they can keep up with chain vaping too. They clobber the Triton mini on flavor and wicking hands down.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Well, Augvape adopted me, and I've tried hard the past 2 years to help people with RTAs, pay attention to likes/dislikes and wants. So I hope it will meet your expectations.

F

fckaugust8th

I found that it helps to comb the wick a bit also
Boy!!! you'll need a itsy bitsy tiny comb for that!!:wait:
The melo3 is a rather flexible tank, it all depends on the coil used. There are a few coils you can use in it, the higher ohm rated ones (1.2 - 1.8) tend to have smaller air holes giving a tighter draw (MTL). My poor synapse (the only one working in my brain now) is sort of hit and miss and I don't remember where I saw a list of compatible coils, it is a thread around here. I can tell you that I had no leaks out of the tank.

F

fckaugust8th

@roxynoodle , glad to see you're paying attention to us the MTL minority:confetti:I must tell you I showed the Alleria to the people at VaporDNA, the comment I got from the young lady that tried it was "Wow, it's very good, like my RDA!" Now let's see the Merlin:vino:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
@roxynoodle , glad to see you're paying attention to us the MTL minority:confetti:I must tell you I showed the Alleria to the people at VaporDNA, the comment I got from the young lady that tried it was "Wow, it's very good, like my RDA!" Now let's see the Merlin:vino:

VaporDNA should carry the Alleria and Boreas ;) Maybe you can convince them.

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Pico kit is a good one, I put a 1.8 ohm coil in the Melo 3 mini and it is a decent mtl tank. The tfv4 micro with the rba works as well. You may want to look at the kabuki clone or the kayfun mini v3 clone. I have the kabuki with the nautilus rba but the nautilus and triton mini coils work well in it. The kayfun mini v3 wicking takes a little figuring out but once you get it, it is worth it.

Do you have the Authentic Pico tank? I have been wanting to pull the trigger on this for over a month but 1) not sure if it's worth it or is it truly all the hype of flavor and 2) I'm so confused on all the parts and pieces and what to actually buy. I've never seen a tank where there's so many different options to buy.

I guess I need to watch a vid on it :huh:

F

fckaugust8th

Do you have the Authentic Pico tank? I have been wanting to pull the trigger on this for over a month but 1) not sure if it's worth it or is it truly all the hype of flavor
I have a clone from 3F and one from FT. The authentics are not easy to find in the wild and like you, I was reluctant to buy something I couldn't see/try first. The flavor is very good and some of the parts in there allow you to use a CLR coil instead of the rebuildable deck. I found it to be a bit of a pain refilling. Would I go searching for an authentic? Not really, I think there are a few tanks out there that are just as good- I like the Kabuki clone with the nautilus RBA in it, flavor is really good. The Pico is limiting the types of juices you can use in it, the capacity is around 2ml, finding replacement parts is a PITA.Besides, if a better tank than the Pico is not available, just wait a week or two....there will be more tanks popping up:wait:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yep, getting an authentic Pico is very difficult. I was hoping to do a review of it, but it's basically unobtanium.

Good news, folks: the Merlin prototypes will be on their way to me in about 12 hours. However, it will be Monday at least before I have them since DHL doesn't deliver weekends. But, a final version should be available soon :)

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How soon???? Is it Monday yet????:bliss:
@roxynoodle I have to tell you, waiting for the Merlin takes me back to the days when , as a kid, I was waiting for Santa!!!!....and that's a looong time ago!

Me, too! We actually began working on it just a couple of days after Boreas; way back in January!

For those that don't know, it's named for my special best friend, Miss Merlin. She's a 25 year old blind African Grey, one of my rescue parrots. She inspires me because she, too, has many health issues, and yet remains the sweetest soul I've ever known.

F

fckaugust8th

@roxynoodle , can a shop buy directly from Augvape? About how long does it take? I'm trying to convince these guys to order direct instead of going thru a distributor.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
@roxynoodle , can a shop buy directly from Augvape? About how long does it take? I'm trying to convince these guys to order direct instead of going thru a distributor.

Of course. They should email Leon or Paul Wang. I know there are Boreas and Alleria in stock. If ordering on a Mon or Tues, DHL will have it to them by the end of the week.

F

fckaugust8th

@AngiBe , for MTL you might consider the Kayfun mini v3. Granted, it looks like a church steeple on a small mod but the flavor is really good. 3F has a good clone, I'm reading the SXK clone is really good and at $20 or so, it is worth a try.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
new protank?

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@AngiBe , for MTL you might consider the Kayfun mini v3. Granted, it looks like a church steeple on a small mod but the flavor is really good. 3F has a good clone, I'm reading the SXK clone is really good and at $20 or so, it is worth a try.

Thanks! I have a Kayfun4 and do love it, just wanted something different and smallish that looks cool--oh and of course packs punches of flavors;)

F

fckaugust8th

Thanks! I have a Kayfun4 and do love it, just wanted something different and smallish that looks cool--oh and of course packs punches of flavors
I am waiting for the Augvape Merlin. I have both the Alleria and Boreas from them, great tanks but DL tanks. Pretty soon-ish, they should release the Merlin, a MTL/DL tank. I will get it and post about it here.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I am waiting for the Augvape Merlin. I have both the Alleria and Boreas from them, great tanks but DL tanks. Pretty soon-ish, they should release the Merlin, a MTL/DL tank. I will get it and post about it here.

I'll start a thread on it when Leon gives me permission. Of course at that time I can reveal the specs, post photos, and show all the builds it's capable of.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Will we be able to pre-order!!?????? :bliss:

Maybe? Subtank Supply started that way with Boreas, and at a reduced price, so maybe they will again with Merlin? I can't really guess what vendors will do. Once we start production I guess someone can ask...give it at least a week.

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So this just came in:
download (2).jpg
I have to say, the flavor is not terrible. It keeps up with 30/70 juice just fine. With the .5ohm coil it will MTL, but it's hot and harsh and there's almost no vapor.
Here's the other reason I got this:
download (3).jpg
Does this atty make my mod look cheap?
I drip a lot at home since I've gotten into DIY, and I wanted something to throw an atty on that's VV/VW and has ss temp control. This is a pretty kick-ass little mod! Now I'm off to find some triton coils for the tank...

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Roxy, here's hoping things go well with the prototype when you get it next week. I'm looking forward to the Merlin going into production. If it doesn't happen soon some of the Boreas fans are gonna convince me to come over to the Dark Side of DL and leave my MTL ways behind me.:D

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So this just came in:
View attachment 49236
I have to say, the flavor is not terrible. It keeps up with 30/70 juice just fine. With the .5ohm coil it will MTL, but it's hot and harsh and there's almost no vapor.
View attachment 49237
I drip a lot at home since I've gotten into DIY, and I wanted something to throw an atty on that's VV/VW and has ss temp control. This is a pretty kick-ass little mod! Now I'm off to find some triton coils for the tank...
Tank version is better... Derringer looking crap

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You were right @Brewbear-- those triton coils are much better for MTL. I do wish they'd make something in between .5ohm and 1.8ohm. I'd like a tad more air, and 13watts is a little low. But it's really not bad at all. I've drained 2 tanks already! Not quite at the level of the "Derringer looking crap" but much better than I was expecting. Thanks! :cheers:

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So this just came in:
View attachment 49236
View attachment 49237
Both look good to me! If it gives you the vape YOU want, who cares what others think? :D (Thumbs UP here) lol

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Henry, they do have 1.2 ohm coils also, but not claptons.
What? Really? I should've asked what they had... found a couple at a B&M nearby that I know carries just about every coil that exists. I only bought 2, I'll stop by and ask what else they have.

Both look good to me! If it gives you the vape YOU want, who cares what others think? :D (Thumbs UP here) lol
That's what I think! Derringer looking crap and all! :cheers:

BTW, staying on topic for the thread, the M Atty is a really good MTL RDA. I've only tried dual coils, and I like warm, but it closes down and preforms really well with higher ohm builds. The clone is available now, and according to someone who also has an authentic (who is not me) it is nearly identical.

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
What? Really? I should've asked what they had... found a couple at a B&M nearby that I know carries just about every coil that exists. I only bought 2, I'll stop by and ask what else they have.

That's what I think! Derringer looking crap and all! :cheers:

BTW, staying on topic for the thread, the M Atty is a really good MTL RDA. I've only tried dual coils, and I like warm, but it closes down and preforms really well with higher ohm builds. The clone is available now, and according to someone who also has an authentic (who is not me) it is nearly identical.
I'm gonna order a Stumpy RDA soon, as apparently im the only person without one!! But, anyways do you have one? I think it would pair great with the Pico! :cheers:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm gonna order a Stumpy RDA soon, as apparently im the only person without one!! But, anyways do you have one? I think it would pair great with the Pico! :cheers:

I don't have one :( or an derringer either, now that we're talking about it. Drip or bf.

Speaking of clone crap, that's all I have dripper-wise. Crap that just happen to also be clones lol.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So this just came in:
View attachment 49236
View attachment 49237
Is this black or green?? I like.

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had one for a while... it's super easy to build on, really nice RDA. But didn't work for me because the airflow doesn't close down enough. I actually plugged up one of the holes with silicone. Worked for a while, but I like other RDAs more.

VU Sponsors