Become a Patron!

How many MTL vapors do we have here?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't have one :( or an derringer either, now that we're talking about it. Drip or bf.

Speaking of clone crap, that's all I have dripper-wise. Crap that just happen to also be clones lol.

Ditto. the only reason I'm even considering an authentic Achilles 2 is because there just aren't any clones... but I'll have to save up for quite a while for a $96 atty. That's almost twice what I've ever spent on a MOD!

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ditto. the only reason I'm even considering an authentic Achilles 2 is because there just aren't any clones... but I'll have to save up for quite a while for a $96 atty. That's almost twice what I've ever spent on a MOD!

Andria

I know, I kinda want one because I don't have a good quality dripper but dam. You can buy a whole decent setup for that much.

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If y'all want a good quality dripper, I'd highly recommend the M Atty clone and/or the NarDa clone. Both are good for MTL or DL, and the clones are nearly identical to the authentics. Maybe like $15 if you're willing to wait for the slow boat from China. I even know some people selling BFed versions, if you're into that...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know, I kinda want one because I don't have a good quality dripper but dam. You can buy a whole decent setup for that much.

The real downside to an Achilles though, is that it totally spoils you for tanks, if you get used to it -- I really loved my kayfuns, thought they were just awesomely terrific... till I got used to my Achilles. Now I can't taste squat from a Kayfun. Even turning up the wattage only helps a little. But at least, Achilles never leak.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If y'all want a good quality dripper, I'd highly recommend the M Atty clone and/or the NarDa clone. Both are good for MTL or DL, and the clones are nearly identical to the authentics. Maybe like $15 if you're willing to wait for the slow boat from China. I even know some people selling BFed versions, if you're into that...

Might look into that, I need some spare BF.

But I do need one decent dripper also

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I've never been able to get any kind of decent vape out of a side-air atty. I just PIFed 3 RDAs because of that. And I really wanted to love my Veritas, it was just so dadgum pretty... but it just wouldn't vape to my liking at all.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The real downside to an Achilles though, is that it totally spoils you for tanks, if you get used to it -- I really loved my kayfuns, thought they were just awesomely terrific... till I got used to my Achilles. Now I can't taste squat from a Kayfun. Even turning up the wattage only helps a little. But at least, Achilles never leak.

Andria

I know what you mean. A few strategic purchases the last few weeks has made me ambivalent towards what were my best things I was very happy with, lol.

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've never been able to get any kind of decent vape out of a side-air atty. I just PIFed 3 RDAs because of that. And I really wanted to love my Veritas, it was just so dadgum pretty... but it just wouldn't vape to my liking at all.

Andria
Oh, man, that Veritas is a BITCH to build on. I had one and nearly threw it out the damn window trying to get coil in there. Apparently it's a great flavor atty, but I never got it to work.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, today was payday, but i can't buy anything vape this time; tomorrow I'm going to get one of those "bring your own tablet" activation kits for my tablet, because I'm tired of going someplace with it and finding that I have no wifi... so I'll need the mobile wifi hotspot thingie with the 1GB data... and see how 1GB lasts. Never having had a tablet before, I really don't know. I'm paying thru the nose for comcast internet so I'm entitled to use xfinity wifi... which seems to be available noplace.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, man, that Veritas is a BITCH to build on. I had one and nearly threw it out the damn window trying to get coil in there. Apparently it's a great flavor atty, but I never got it to work.

I thought it was pretty cool for vertical coils, which are a little more difficult, but not a huge deal. but I jsut couldn't get any flavor, and no feeling of resistance in the draw at all, even with the barest sliver of the airhole showing. Really a shame, such a good looking atty, but really not a tootle puff AT ALL.

Andria

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I thought it was pretty cool for vertical coils, which are a little more difficult, but not a huge deal. but I jsut couldn't get any flavor, and no feeling of resistance in the draw at all, even with the barest sliver of the airhole showing. Really a shame, such a good looking atty, but really not a tootle puff AT ALL.

Andria
Yeah, I think for most side air RDAs, except the 14mm ones, you need a little more air to get a good vape out of them. I like a really loose MTL-- I can actually lung hit with mine, but I don't 'cause it hurts me.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm 50% MTL, 50% DL, but only MTL in the "mornings" because I can't seem to be able to take a good DL hit and not cough...but after being upright for a while my allergies calm down and I vape whatever I want depending on the flavor I want.

Was thinking of getting a bachelor rta, but after I tested an 1.8Ω Triton coil on my old Atlantis, I have been using that with the Nautilus drip tip and am loving it. Good flavor and coil life. when I'm down to the last coil, I'll have to decide if I want to go rebuildable or stick with prebuilt coils and just have a lazy setup that gets the job done.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I think for most side air RDAs, except the 14mm ones, you need a little more air to get a good vape out of them. I like a really loose MTL-- I can actually lung hit with mine, but I don't 'cause it hurts me.

That's why I love my Achilles RDAs; their draw is like a carto. :D With about 10 times more flavor. :D

Andria

F

fckaugust8th

The Boreas and Alleria caused a stir at my local B&M vape shop. The guys behind the counter asked all kinds of questions and were blown away by the performance . Since I use SS coils in both, they were taken back when I went from TC mode to power, upped wattage to 135W and took a couple of leisurely puffs producing huge clouds. I had them try both tanks and all I got as a first comment was "WOW, it's not even warm...at 135, wow I like it!"
I will swing by the place in the morning and have a little chat with the owner.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And apparently my bonkers smeller is getting its shit back together; got some new strawberry & cream mixed yesterday, back into one of my Achilles, and that stuff is soooooooooooo fucking good. It's like... covering your strawberries in sugar, leaving them in the fridge over night, then in the morning, pouring heavy cream on them and digging in. NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Andria

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's why I love my Achilles RDAs; their draw is like a carto. :D With about 10 times more flavor. :D

Andria
I've loosened up over the last few years (oh god, THAT sounds bad)... but I won't ever be a lung-hitter. I've tried, but it feels... I don't know, desperate. It just doesn't feel relaxing to me at all. But I do like only the tiniest bit of restriction for MTL. I also like how much vapor I can get from a little more air... when it's really dense and warm.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've loosened up over the last few years (oh god, THAT sounds bad)... but I won't ever be a lung-hitter. I've tried, but it feels... I don't know, desperate. It just doesn't feel relaxing to me at all. But I do like only the tiniest bit of restriction for MTL. I also like how much vapor I can get from a little more air... when it's really dense and warm.

I did get used to a slightly more open draw when I was using kayfuns, so that I was able to appreciate a Magma when I got one. but they leak like a sieve so i kept looking for a good RDA for a tootle puffer; when I heard about the Achilles, I thought it sounded great so I got one, and my first hit was like THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT! The draw is so much tighter, and the hit so much more intense, I was able to decrease nic level, wattage, and consumption of ejuice; went from about 8-10ml per day to about 4-5ml per day; from 10mg to 9mg right away and later went down to 5mg; then someone at ECF was kind enough to PIF me a 2nd one. what I'd really like is a couple more! :D

Andria

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Actually, the Whole post does if you read it "Right".... :p:sneaka::D

Edit* Sorry, Couldn't help it!! :oops:

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I did get used to a slightly more open draw when I was using kayfuns, so that I was able to appreciate a Magma when I got one. but they leak like a sieve so i kept looking for a good RDA for a tootle puffer; when I heard about the Achilles, I thought it sounded great so I got one, and my first hit was like THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT! The draw is so much tighter, and the hit so much more intense, I was able to decrease nic level, wattage, and consumption of ejuice; went from about 8-10ml per day to about 4-5ml per day; from 10mg to 9mg right away and later went down to 5mg; then someone at ECF was kind enough to PIF me a 2nd one. what I'd really like is a couple more! :D

Andria
Nice you found something that works for you. There really isn't much with a real tight draw anymore, unless you want a protank, or if you've got a couple hundred $$ for some Hellfire gear.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm gonna order a Stumpy RDA soon, as apparently im the only person without one!! But, anyways do you have one? I think it would pair great with the Pico! :cheers:
You aren't the only one without one. But I have heard enough good things about the Stumpy that it's on my wish list too.

ETA - And I've now added the Alleria to my wish list, I'm gonna have to stop reading this thread before my list is worth more than my bank account.

Last edited:

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You aren't the only one without one. But I have heard enough good things about the Stumpy that it's on my wish list too.

ETA - And I've now added the Alleria to my wish list, I'm gonna have to stop reading this thread before my list is worth more than my bank account.
I think FastTech is having a Sale tomorrow so I guess I will try to order some stuff on my list. I have never ordered from there or any other Vendor outside of the US, so hopefully I choose the right shipping!!! o_O

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think FastTech is having a Sale tomorrow so I guess I will try to order some stuff on my list. I have never ordered from there or any other Vendor outside of the US, so hopefully I choose the right shipping!!! o_O
choose epacket, with trackin number. takes 8-12 days

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
choose epacket, with trackin number. takes 8-12 days
Thanks for the info!! Much Appreciated! :D

Iv been trying to understand it all, but still wasn't sure. I know a lot of other people use epacket but they are not in the US so I didn't know if it would be the same for me..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
it is, I'm in the US and I packet and the cheapest shipping with a tracking number, its usually less than 2$
I think its epacket via china post.
its been a while sine I ordered from them ... but pretty sure that's the one.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I believe its just "DEALS" and I'm not sure how much of a sale it is yet. Just saw it posted this morning lol

You are right, it only applies to clearance. Worth checking out though

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MTL checking in here, I'd love to see a new RTA for us in what appears to be the minority! This is my experience with RTAs:

I have 3 Kayfun v4 clones, I love the way they pull, top filling, are whisper quiet and have great flavor... but leak so much I can strain pasta through them, and are super finicky with wicking.

I have 2 Hurricane clones, I like them a lot as well, SUPER easy to build on, not as quiet as the KFV4s but still fairly quiet, but I prefer top filling for the ability to maximize use of juice capacity. Also, they seem to leak when the juice level gets down below maybe halfway full.

The new Russian V3 (not the 91% models, there is an even newer one) with some enhancements that they're working on, that looks killer... but can't seem to find it anywhere. DNA has one with the updated AFC, but there are some deck improvements and other things which haven't hit the market yet from what I can gather.

Not into the new Kayfun mini, I like my 22mm attys and MOAR CAPACITY pls n thx.

I've actually been thinking about going back to a cartridge atty and getting a couple Tritons and the prebuilt Claptons and getting out of the rebuilding, the leaking from my RTAs has been such a effing pain in the seeds.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Better than the other kayfun's, but still restricted for MTL vaping.
well, I have a 4 with 4s kit.... how would it compare to that?

VU Sponsors