Become a Patron!

How many MTL vapors do we have here?

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I, um, crossed over to the darkside! I got my CFiv+ and iSub Apex, been teaching myself DTL and boy its fun! Don't worry though, I still got my MTL gear and am using it to get my nic fix! ;)
You stop this foolishness right now young lady, and behave yourself! DTLing is not allowed in this thread.:D I'm (old enough to be) your father so you best listen to me. If you keep misbehaving, I'll put you over my knee and spank you!;)
(so please, misbehave all you want:devil:)

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Roger that, I do the high wattage, dtl stuff all day. then after dinner, I just wanna back it off and relax.
Oddly, even with builds and gear that are aimed at dtl, I haven't been able to quite figure out how to do it right. I end up doing some sort of weird hybrid mtl/dtl type draw. One of these days I'll figure it out but it just doesn't come naturally to me.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Oddly, even with builds and gear that are aimed at dtl, I haven't been able to quite figure out how to do it right. I end up doing some sort of weird hybrid mtl/dtl type draw. One of these days I'll figure it out but it just doesn't come naturally to me.

I've gone back and forth and in between. I still gotta have my throat hit from MTL in between. Been doing a lot of DL lately with the Boreas, but I have to stop and get my throat hit too.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everytime I've ever tried DtL, I end up sucking more off my albuterol inhaler than I get in a whole day of vaping. My lungs dont like DtL, no ma'am, no sir, no how, no way.

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
when you get the right build and power it just happens.... like a first date

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Saw this on the "other site"

SvoeMesto Kayfun 5

The Kayfun 5 follows a similar design pattern as his little brother, combining simplicity, functionality and outstanding performance. A fully adjustable liquid control gives you full control over your liquid flow, however, thanks to SvoëMesto’s pressure based feeding system, fine tuning is not required with the majority of setups. After closing the liquid control, the Kayfun 5 can easily be filled through the top within a couple of seconds. Just as simple as filling it, is accessing your coil by removing the tank, regardless if it’s filled or not. The build deck has been heavily modified to make building coils easier for beginners and more versatile for enthusiasts. At the same time SvoëMesto has increased the adjustable airflow from 2,2mm to 3,2mm providing more than twice the airflow compared to the Kayfun 4.
The airflow control can now be adjusted externally and has 4 positions:

1,8mm (Kayfun Lite plus)
2,2mm (Kayfun 4)
2,7mm (Kayfun 4S)
3,2mm (maximum airflow)
The internal design of the evaporation chamber has been optimized to create an outstanding flavor profile, Kayfun fans have grown to love, even at higher airflow settings.

The Kayfun Mini 5 is made from the same high class materials as the Kayfun Mini V3. Thanks to its intelligent design, cleaning and maintenance can be done by disassembling the atomizer into no more than five pieces, no tools required.
It’s functionality, intuitive handling and rich flavor profile combined with great performance capabilities makes the Kayfun Mini 5 a true daily driver.

Attachments

• kayfun_5.png
    kayfun_5.png
    355.6 KB · Views: 33

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here is a bit more info on the Kayfun 5

Technical features

• Anti heat driptip with POM inlay (engraved)
  • Top filling
  • Quartz glass
  • Liquid control (fully adjustable)
  • enlarged build deck -> comfort building
  • M2 build screws
  • PEEK insulator
  • Increased maximum liquid flow
  • External airflow control
  • Increased maximum airflow
  • 316L stainless steel
  • 510 connector
  • Serialnumber for authentication
  • Easy assembly and maintenance
  • Measurements
  • Diameter: 22mm
  • Height: 60mm (without mouthpiece)
  • Tank capacity: glass tank ~4ml, steel tank ~5m

Scope of delivery:
1 Kayfun 5 with engraved steeltank
1 glass tank
1 spare kit
1 user manual

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Saw this on the "other site"

SvoeMesto Kayfun 5

The Kayfun 5 follows a similar design pattern as his little brother, combining simplicity, functionality and outstanding performance. A fully adjustable liquid control gives you full control over your liquid flow, however, thanks to SvoëMesto’s pressure based feeding system, fine tuning is not required with the majority of setups. After closing the liquid control, the Kayfun 5 can easily be filled through the top within a couple of seconds. Just as simple as filling it, is accessing your coil by removing the tank, regardless if it’s filled or not. The build deck has been heavily modified to make building coils easier for beginners and more versatile for enthusiasts. At the same time SvoëMesto has increased the adjustable airflow from 2,2mm to 3,2mm providing more than twice the airflow compared to the Kayfun 4.
The airflow control can now be adjusted externally and has 4 positions:

1,8mm (Kayfun Lite plus)
2,2mm (Kayfun 4)
2,7mm (Kayfun 4S)
3,2mm (maximum airflow)
The internal design of the evaporation chamber has been optimized to create an outstanding flavor profile, Kayfun fans have grown to love, even at higher airflow settings.

The Kayfun Mini 5 is made from the same high class materials as the Kayfun Mini V3. Thanks to its intelligent design, cleaning and maintenance can be done by disassembling the atomizer into no more than five pieces, no tools required.
It’s functionality, intuitive handling and rich flavor profile combined with great performance capabilities makes the Kayfun Mini 5 a true daily driver.

China needs to get on this one quick and clone it before the new regs come in, I love my fake kayfun mini v3's, so would get one to try for sure :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
glad this one comes with spare parts.
wonder what the price is going to be- if its less than 125 I'm in. if its more, svoemesto can kiss it.

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
@FlavorAlchemist, didn't mean to offend with the clapton comment. Twisting kanthal with SS wire should work and bring the resistance up a little. The great thing about SS wire is that you can use it in either TC or power modes.
Well I am not sure what you are referring to......about being offended?....... I wasn't offended by any post you made, so it's all good.......besides, I prefer people who speak forthrightly..... :)

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here's my new favorite MTL set-up:
download (14).jpg

Pico with Le Zephyr clone from 3FVape-- I got the slightly more expensive one that comes with a drip tip & extra yellow plastic tank. Specs say it holds 2.8 mL, but I measured with a syringe and I barely get 2.5, but that's still as good/better than most mini tanks.
Flavor is AMAZING. Can close way WAY down or open up for restricted DLH.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
0853BC51-E8F4-4705-A24D-D965B36864F0_zpsco3zeoar.jpg
6B6872CB-C749-485A-882D-3D5C1838FE32_zpsgf9lkezp.jpg

mtl setups for when the rda's are taking a break

karmakatie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am MTL 90% of the time, although recently been playing around with some of the new stuff out. I am usually puffing on Chalice III's, Cyclones and Rm2's on a plethora of Reo's. I have been away from online vaping scene for awhile and thought I needed to see what was new and all I did was spend money on stuff that was kinda meh for me. I love all the RTA & RDA's that have came out but they just don\t fit my style of vaping, they need more adjustable air, small chamber bottom feed RDA's out there. For other Reo/squonker lovers out there, what have you been finding/using?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was MTL but tried Direct Lung hitting and discovered a whole new world! :) Now, figure I'm a lunger.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, speaking of the very best MtL atty *EVER*... my Achilles II has shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DANCE! Actually I don't know for a fact that the II will be as good as the original design, but the reviews I read over at ECF's Achilles thread were very encouraging; apparently even though it can be adjusted for more airflow than the original, it will also provide a good tight-draw vape, same as the original.

I'll post some pics when I get it; those II's are GORGEOUS!!!

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here is how it is for me. I could exclusively MTL, but no way just lung hit.

If I only LH, I start to crave cigarettes. Fuck that.

Lunging for me reminds me something else and it helps to also remind me of cigs in so far as I get what I think is a full hit. This nullifies cravings for me instead of driving them. Understand your view though. I'm the opposite now. I started on the evods(MTL but kept going after cigs, switched to lunging & quit going after cigs as much. Now, think I may not ever want another cig.

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well, speaking of the very best MtL atty *EVER*... my Achilles II has shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DANCE! Actually I don't know for a fact that the II will be as good as the original design, but the reviews I read over at ECF's Achilles thread were very encouraging; apparently even though it can be adjusted for more airflow than the original, it will also provide a good tight-draw vape, same as the original.

I'll post some pics when I get it; those II's are GORGEOUS!!!

Andria
I'm surprised you got the authentic with that high price. They must be fantastic,waiting for the pictures. I'm jealous. :D

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I am MTL 90% of the time, although recently been playing around with some of the new stuff out. I am usually puffing on Chalice III's, Cyclones and Rm2's on a plethora of Reo's. I have been away from online vaping scene for awhile and thought I needed to see what was new and all I did was spend money on stuff that was kinda meh for me. I love all the RTA & RDA's that have came out but they just don\t fit my style of vaping, they need more adjustable air, small chamber bottom feed RDA's out there. For other Reo/squonker lovers out there, what have you been finding/using?

high five for the REO/Chalice III

If I could have one and only one vape, that is it, period

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm surprised you got the authentic with that high price. They must be fantastic,waiting for the pictures. I'm jealous. :D

Well with this shit hitting the fan with the fucking FDA, and we got our tax refund, I convinced my husband that I had to get it now, or I'd never be able to. I was more than willing to keep waiting to see if Yeahsmo would ever clone the stupid thing as they did the original, those clones are fabulous, but I figured time is running out, so I'd better get while the getting's good... or not be able to get at all. And there's just not any other atty that vapes this well, to my personal taste. Really hope the II is as good for tootle puffing as the original.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well with this shit hitting the fan with the fucking FDA, and we got our tax refund, I convinced my husband that I had to get it now, or I'd never be able to. I was more than willing to keep waiting to see if Yeahsmo would ever clone the stupid thing as they did the original, those clones are fabulous, but I figured time is running out, so I'd better get while the getting's good... or not be able to get at all. And there's just not any other atty that vapes this well, to my personal taste. Really hope the II is as good for tootle puffing as the original.

Andria

I do too - substandard vaping blows

californialivin

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Enjoying this thread. I have been looking for an RDA that allows me to switch things up. I primarily care about flavor and my mostly MTL but find that every few puffs I tend to like a decent DL as well. The first thing I purchased was a Royal Hunter and I am not unhappy with it to tell you the truth. The draw is tight enough to get away with - but I'm looking to get whatever would be the best option. Where is a reliable online source for these? I do not want clones!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Enjoying this thread. I have been looking for an RDA that allows me to switch things up. I primarily care about flavor and my mostly MTL but find that every few puffs I tend to like a decent DL as well. The first thing I purchased was a Royal Hunter and I am not unhappy with it to tell you the truth. The draw is tight enough to get away with - but I'm looking to get whatever would be the best option. Where is a reliable online source for these? I do not want clones!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I dunno about Royal Hunters, but if you want an authentic with outstanding flavor and a tight draw, I can definitely recommend the Prometey, and probably also that Achilles II I just ordered, from titanium-mods.com. Both are 85 euros. There aren't currently any clones available for the Achilles, but I think FroginFog still has the Prometey clones, if you wanted to try it first for a low price before spending almost $100. I prefer the Achilles, even though the design is virtually identical, because Achilles has a deep well (holds about 2.5ml); Prometey does not.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
if you think it is, PLEASE let me know. - I have put in my cart a few times at vapinart. but... grrrrr
cant do it unless it is better than the hurricane, kf4 and erl

For the last 20 minutes I have vaping away on a genuine v2 gem I got used

Got it at 1 ohm (28g kanthal, 6 wraps 2mm ID)

Oh god, I love this atty this thing so far

Been chain vaping it the whole time, not a hint of a dry hit so far

Seems to give the best flavor at 13 watts , definitely busted at 15

That Gem clone I order on FT hasn't even shipped yet, lol.

I'm definitely considering getting another - even with the outrageous price tag

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OMG so you all know I got my CF4+ with iSub Apex. I got a 2 ohm coil for it and the MTL hits are phenomenal. Its a very tight draw, which is good, and the vapor production is :eek:! I took the .5 ohm coil out and rinsed it thoroughly to save it for when I get some lower nic juice. I love my new setup!!!:stars::stars2:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
For the last 20 minutes I have vaping away on a genuine v2 gem I got used

Got it at 1 ohm (28g kanthal, 6 wraps 2mm ID)

Oh god, I love this atty this thing so far

Been chain vaping it the whole time, not a hint of a dry hit so far

Seems to give the best flavor at 13 watts , definitely busted at 15

That Gem clone I order on FT hasn't even shipped yet, lol.

I'm definitely considering getting another - even with the outrageous price tag

I'm going on my third tank and it is doing nothing but improving

But now I'm getting curious about this Hurricane everyone one says kicks the Gem's ass

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The price makes me want to shit - but in this post-vapocolypse world I'm more game to pour cash into a few high quality pieces of gear rather than 20 cheaply made ones

Egggggggzactly. Hence, ordering that way-'spensive Achilles II. I've heard it's a significant improvement over the original, and since my only experience with the originals are clones, I'm really eager to find out just how great an *authentic* excellent RDA really is. I'm almost literally on pins and needles, waiting on mail from Ukraine! :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Egggggggzactly. Hence, ordering that way-'spensive Achilles II. I've heard it's a significant improvement over the original, and since my only experience with the originals are clones, I'm really eager to find out just how great an *authentic* excellent RDA really is. I'm almost literally on pins and needles, waiting on mail from Ukraine! :D

Andria

I'd be crawling out of my skin if I were you!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm going on my third tank and it is doing nothing but improving

But now I'm getting curious about this Hurricane everyone one says kicks the Gem's ass

I have 4 hurricane's, admit they are clones though, and they was my favorite tank for a long, easy to build, awesome flavor, did get slight leaking from time to time, and no top fill, but the Merlin kicks the Hurricane's ass though ;)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have 4 hurricane's, admit they are clones though, and they was my favorite tank for a long, easy to build, awesome flavor, did get slight leaking from time to time, and no top fill, but the Merlin kicks the Hurricane's ass though ;)

I have two coming (Merlins) so hope so.

The question I'm asking myself: will the atty still be serviceable in ten or twenty years?

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's my new favorite MTL set-up:
View attachment 50858

Pico with Le Zephyr clone from 3FVape-- I got the slightly more expensive one that comes with a drip tip & extra yellow plastic tank. Specs say it holds 2.8 mL, but I measured with a syringe and I barely get 2.5, but that's still as good/better than most mini tanks.
Flavor is AMAZING. Can close way WAY down or open up for restricted DLH.

Don't want to be an alarmist, but I recently looked at a zephyr clone, and noticed that the reducer is not made with ultem. In other words, I wouldn't build too hot since plastic is not very suitable for absorbing a lot of heat.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have two coming (Merlins) so hope so.

The question I'm asking myself: will the atty still be serviceable in ten or twenty years?

That is only a question that we can answer you in 10-20 years :p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd be crawling out of my skin if I were you!

I'm just trying to chill and maintain, because checking the tracking every 15 minutes doesn't make it go any faster. :D

I do have some vapemail arriving tomorrow; I put out an inquiry in Whiskey's Corner for any link to a purple CF4 for a good price, and found that Skullz had one she wasn't using anymore, and sold it to me for an excellent price -- it arrived in ATL yesterday afternoon, so I should have it tomorrow. :) Also, I ordered another angled adapter for the new Achilles, and a purple driptip for the new purple CF4, and they also got to ATL yesterday, so they should also be here tomorrow. Oh, and a black vape band for that Alleria, so I don't have to worry so much about breaking it -- after a year of titanium attys, a glass one kinda freaks me out. :D I am truly, deeply klutzy. :D

Andria

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The price makes me want to shit - but in this post-vapocolypse world I'm more game to pour cash into a few high quality pieces of gear rather than 20 cheaply made ones
if you have ever vaped a taifun, this is to the taifun what the kf4 with 4s kit is to the kayfun,

more flavor, more vapor a touch warmer, and much more robust.
I can chain vape max vg at 24w on it and have zero issues using 24g
or throw 26g at 1.2 ohm and get a stellar vape at 15w/

VU Sponsors