Become a Patron!

How many MTL vapors do we have here?

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
if you have ever vaped a taifun, this is to the taifun what the kf4 with 4s kit is to the kayfun,

more flavor, more vapor a touch warmer, and much more robust.
I can chain vape max vg at 24w on it and have zero issues using 24g
or throw 26g at 1.2 ohm and get a stellar vape at 15w/
Well damn! I need to grab one!

Henry Etta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't want to be an alarmist, but I recently looked at a zephyr clone, and noticed that the reducer is not made with ultem. In other words, I wouldn't build too hot since plastic is not very suitable for absorbing a lot of heat.
The one I ordered says it's PEI... I feel fine about that. I don't think I'd use the generic plastic ones from FT, though.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm still waiting on a Gem clone I ordered from FT over a month ago. At least I can do a real apples to apples comparison.

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm still waiting on a Gem clone I ordered from FT over a month ago. At least I can do a real apples to apples comparison.
One part of my order finally has the "Shipped" Status and its the one with the Gem Clone in it(The First clone not the B) so I dont understand why yours wouldn't have?? Especially since it was the same time frame it sounds like..

And damn, they keep saying certain items will be in stock in a week, so I go check a week later and it says another week! :confused:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
One part of my order finally has the "Shipped" Status and its the one with the Gem Clone in it(The First clone not the B) so I dont understand why yours wouldn't have?? Especially since it was the same time frame it sounds like..

And damn, they keep saying certain items will be in stock in a week, so I go check a week later and it says another week! :confused:

I've found their "in a week" means about a month. Once had it take six weeks just to ship.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I'm having the most powerful temptation to order another iPV Mini, FT has them dirt cheap, the 30w original ones. But I dunno if I can endure that tedious wait, from them.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm having the most powerful temptation to order another iPV Mini, FT has them dirt cheap, the 30w original ones. But I dunno if I can endure that tedious wait, from them.

Andria

Dirt cheap :)

It can't be worse than waiting on your Achilles :eek:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dirt cheap :)

It can't be worse than waiting on your Achilles :eek:

Hmm, good point... let me look at that price again... ;) nah.. all they have are the black ones, and I have a black one already. But, sweet-vapes has the iPV D2 Super Mini 75w TC, for only $5 more than FT wants for the iPV Mini, AND they have it in silver. That might be a better choice.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, good point... let me look at that price again... ;) nah.. all they have are the black ones, and I have a black one already. But, sweet-vapes has the iPV D2 Super Mini 75w TC, for only $5 more than FT wants for the iPV Mini, AND they have it in silver. That might be a better choice.

Andria

If something's dirt cheap, I almost always err on the side of buy it, lol

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Andria
Just a FYI the IPV D2 does not have Step-Down just like the IPV Mini 30W, but I'm sure your still rolling the 2ohm coils! Some say if you throw it in TC mode with Kanthal it will Step-Down though.

The IPV D3 actually does have Step-Down. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just a FYI the IPV D2 does not have Step-Down just like the IPV Mini 30W, but I'm sure your still rolling the 2ohm coils! Some say if you throw it in TC mode with Kanthal it will Step-Down though.

The IPV D3 actually does have Step-Down. :)

I'm not at all sure the D2 super mini would be a good mod for me, it might be too small -- before i dropped my kbox mini and broke it, I found it ANNOYINGLY small, kinda like my iStick30. Think I'll keep looking for a good deal on an iPV Mini, even if I have to go to the Mini2; I like the size, shape and weight of that mod.

BTW, Pioneer mods do have a step-down setting; if you put the mod into PWM mode, then it will step down -- figured that out about my iPV minis about a month after I got the first one.

Andria

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm not at all sure the D2 super mini would be a good mod for me, it might be too small -- before i dropped my kbox mini and broke it, I found it ANNOYINGLY small, kinda like my iStick30. Think I'll keep looking for a good deal on an iPV Mini, even if I have to go to the Mini2; I like the size, shape and weight of that mod.

BTW, Pioneer mods do have a step-down setting; if you put the mod into PWM mode, then it will step down -- figured that out about my iPV minis about a month after I got the first one.

Andria
I have the IPV Mini 2 and it does not have the option to switch between PWM and DC-DC.. Idk why they took it away on the second model..
Iv been thinking about grabbing the first IPV Mini on a clearance, they are nice singe 18650 mods! :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have the IPV Mini 2 and it does not have the option to switch between PWM and DC-DC.. Idk why they took it away on the second model..
Iv been thinking about grabbing the first IPV Mini on a clearance, they are nice singe 18650 mods! :D

If you find any original 30w iPV Minis, please let me know! I've got a blue and a black, would really love a silver or even better, one of the rose pink ones! Those are my favorite mods. I really love the original Coolfire 4's too, but the battery isn't replaceable, the only downside to those. But I've got 4 of those CF4s now, so hopefully with rotating between them, all of them will have a nice long life.

I really wish the fad of all these super-high-watt mods hadn't meant they stopped making the moderate ones, 30-50w, but they're getting harder and harder to find.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use mods that go to 75 watts, and they're great at low watts.

Vapecrawler can be your pal sometimes :)
http://www.vapecrawler.com/results/ipv 30w

Yeah I've got that crawler, and it helps, but it doesn't find everything. The main problems with the high-watt mods are 1) the prices are usually higher, and 2) as Mikey noted with the iPV Mini 2, sometimes they won't step down -- not as big an issue since I started making 2+ ohm coils, but still... it's wasteful! 30w is three times more wattage than I need; 40w is four times more. Why should I pay for huge whopping wattage that I'm never gonna use? I ain't MADE outta money! (ye olde parents' motto ;))

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, the *only* iPV Mini I can find ANYWHERE is a Mini 2, on ebay, for $35, w/free shipping... only $5 more than I paid for my first Mini, the blue one. Since I do build high-resistance coils, the lack of stepping down isn't a deal breaker. The only color available is black, but I guess I could wrap it; gotta wrap my original black Mini anyway, the paint doesn't hold up well AT ALL.

This might be the best option I can get. Anyone know if the Mini 2 weighs the same as the original Mini? I really like the size, shape, and weight of this mod; it's really my favorite.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Scratch that. Just found a Sigelei mini book, in RED! at VaporBeast , for an AMAZING price. Think I'll go for that instead, for another swappable-battery device.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sweeet.... got that red mini book for $21.37, including shipping! I've had my eye on one of those since they came out, but never could find one for a decent price till now. :) That glossy deep red just SPEAKS to me! :D

Andria

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Sweeet.... got that red mini book for $21.37, including shipping! I've had my eye on one of those since they came out, but never could find one for a decent price till now. :) That glossy deep red just SPEAKS to me! :D

Andria
Let me know how you like the Mini Book, I was looking at them for a while. The IPV Mini's, hold their value online at A LOT of places, so when I find one for $40 or less, its mainly a Black one. I STILL keep a look out though, and for many other mods.
I have the Silver IPV Mini 2 as I heard the other colors chip off, but I baby mine anyway. :D
I've paid under 30 for every mod I have, so I guess maybe I found them at the right time?

And I have no idea if using them under a certain wattage will add to battery life, or longevity of the mod, but I'm gonna pretend it does :D LOL!
You MUST be a VERY smart shopper!!! Man, I feel like iv been paying WAY too much now lol :)o_O

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Let me know how you like the Mini Book, I was looking at them for a while. The IPV Mini's, hold their value online at A LOT of places, so when I find one for $40 or less, its mainly a Black one. I STILL keep a look out though, and for many other mods.
I have the Silver IPV Mini 2 as I heard the other colors chip off, but I baby mine anyway. :D

You MUST be a VERY smart shopper!!! Man, I feel like iv been paying WAY too much now lol :)o_O
I'm pretty satisfied with the stuff I get, so when I do get the itch to buy something, there's always the next sensation on the market, so I get good deals on what WAS the latest sensation. So many good vendors available at this time. Best times to shop are holidays online. I've supported B&Ms too, but some of the online deals are too incredible to pass up.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know the weight (ounces) of the Aspire Plato? Looking for a very lightweight unit. Thanks in advance for any clues.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, the paint is chipping on both my blue and black iPV Minis; I baby the blue one, but the black one is soon going to be wrapped. I got the blue one for $30, for an xmas gift from my husband; got the black one for $20! From AngelCigs.

My sigelei Zmax's are such excellent devices, pretty sure I'll be happy with the miniBook. The Zmax's are my backups, since I dont really care for tube mods anymore; ditto that for my Vamo V2, also still in excellent working order. And my original box mod, the iStick30, also still works, though I'm skeptical how long it will last; I had another of those that lasted just 7 months before the battery would no longer hold a charge.

Great news; my incoming Achilles II was scanned this afternoon in Lancaster, PA, so it has escaped those slackers at the NY ISC. :)

Andria

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You want a little mod,got this hana one mod with dna 40 board today for $20 shipped, it is plastic, so feels a bit cheap, but also is light as feather and even came with a vape band, case and usb cable - https://www.hanamodz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=91&products_id=448

4tSxFlx.jpg
CmxptMo.jpg

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just checking in for a brief minute...
hows everyone been...
found it rather comical, yes, i laughed little...received my eleaf pico, coilart master coil pkg. sent from beijing, insured for $16 US, and labeled as electrical gadgets...from a Mr Li xingyuanit. i feel officially a part of the "vaping underground" now.
going to toss the packaging in the burn barrel before the feds come to haul me away.
take it easy everyone, talk at you in a bit...

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
MTL ?? I'll signify :wave:. Erlk's and Taifun V2's and trying out the Merlin. 10.5-13 watts is in my wheel house. I have to get to work on my Hurricane and put a air reducer in it before it fits me better, it's a bit too loose as it sits.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Even at its tightest setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Even at its tightest setting?

My Hurricane, yes (it's the FT clone, supposed to be the 1:1). I can't afford the Authentic's high price, I'm on disability so had to go with a clone.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I watched the first video. Looked different but easy enough to setup.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I watched the first video. Looked different but easy enough to setup.
Doesn't look like much of an mtl tank though.
Actually it reminds me of a smoktfv4

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Just reading back a bit in this thread... as a matter of fact, I LOVE!!!!!! that miniBook, I seem to use it more than any of my other mods now. It's *almost* too small for my hand, but the thickness of it body helps to offset that. It's got great handfeel; that enamel on it is soooooo smooth, and really tough too; I vape at least 50% of the time with my left hand, so my wedding ring bangs it, but after having been in regular, near-constant use since May 31, there's not a mark or a scratch on it anywhere. WIN! Sigelei makes good shit! In fact, I just ordered a black one, from Sweet-Vapes, who still has the black and white models, on sale -- not as cheap as it was at vaporbeast, but not bad at all: $25.95.

Can't say enough good things about the miniBook. I don't use TC personally, but it's got that, though I think it's only intended to support nickel and titanium wire, it might operate stainless ok too. Does just loverly in wattage mode with Kanthal; and any who vape low-wattage, it does seem to step down very nicely, and I haven't heard any of that so-dreaded rattlesnake sound, though I did sometimes hear that from my sig Zmax.

Oh, it also comes with a silicone sleeve, if you like to use those; I don't, mine's in the drawer, but who knows, I might wanna use it at some point.

Andria

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just reading back a bit in this thread... as a matter of fact, I LOVE!!!!!! that miniBook

was also reading back in the thread ... didn't you also mention you liked the coolfire? size wise etc... ? I picked up a coolfire tc 18650, very nice .. light, feels great, built very well, am thrilled with it.. thinking I might have to get another ! :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
was also reading back in the thread ... didn't you also mention you liked the coolfire? size wise etc... ? I picked up a coolfire tc 18650, very nice .. light, feels great, built very well, am thrilled with it.. thinking I might have to get another ! :)

I do love my 4 CF4s, and that CF4 18650 is absolutely the next mod I'm getting. :D

Andria

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I went ahead and ordered a Kamikaze from FT. This one is a real PITA to set up. Coil screws are so small, I needed to switch back to 28ga Kanthal from the 26ga that I use for everything else. That said, once it is set up, I really like this one. Excellent flavor tank. Rivals the Merlin and the Ace that I have been using. Going to order another for $15+. I do not have a blocker in it yet and need to close off the airflow most of the way to get it down to the same as a half open Merlin with the blocker in.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10024115/5222100-kamikaze-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rocket R, Nextasis, Nextgen, Taifun GT2, all of these things are in my rotation. Lately been doing some direct lunging too with my bf drippers, but eh. I like mtl better.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Me too l am a mtl. Surprised that there is this many on VU. It is just a shame that the industry as largely forgotten us, unless you are prepared to build and pay high prices for the privilege.

VU Sponsors