• Yes, rayon is my go to wick

• I tried it but I didn't care for it

• I do not and have not used rayon for wicking

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BTW, the poll portion of the post totally skips at least one more option:
"I use it in certain atty or try it occasionally, but still use cotton/silica/ceramic/mesh" ;-)

Good point, I said I use only rayon, but I forgot I have one tank that requires cotton, because the rayon doesn't swell up as much as cotton, and if I try to use rayon on that one, it leaks. But I don't even use that tank anymore, so I never think about it. I'm stuck on my Engine Nanos and everything else has been put away for "emergency use" at some future time. If ever.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Rayon exclusively for four years now. A month or two after I switched to rayon, I was having second thoughts, wondering if it really was better, so I wicked an atty with KGD. That wick got ripped out and replaced with rayon in less than a day.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The worst part about Rayon is that fly-away-fluffy-out-of-control "tuft".. With my organic cotton, I can cut strips off the pad and go - nice shapes, easy to manage.. Trying to roll the rayon into anything similar - even a 'rope' is pretty-much a nightmare.

My hands are extremely dry from washing so damned often, and I start to wonder if I should moisten the rayon with a bit of ejuice in hopes it will retain a rolled-form.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The worst part about Rayon is that fly-away-fluffy-out-of-control "tuft".. With my organic cotton, I can cut strips off the pad and go - nice shapes, easy to manage.. Trying to roll the rayon into anything similar - even a 'rope' is pretty-much a nightmare.

My hands are extremely dry from washing so damned often, and I start to wonder if I should moisten the rayon with a bit of ejuice in hopes it will retain a rolled-form.

It will.
When I was using it, I would moisten it with a drop or two before i wicked the coil.
Rayon compresses when wet; rather than, expand like cotton.
That little characteristic is what made it perfect for tight micro coils.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMO they are all good, once you know how to set them up. I really enjoyed SS mesh for a while, then moved on to organic cotton, silica, KGD, Rayon and these days I'm back to KGD for the most part. That big box of Rayon still sucks me back in me once in a while :). There were a few others in the mix over the years too like hemp, variations on Rayon and silica and a couple of experiences with gauze and cotton cloth.

Whatever works best for anyone is the best deal for them :cool:

VU Sponsors