Become a Patron!

How many ohms = to around 100w

Nissangtr94

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys on my regulated mod my daily vape is around 80-100w I just got my authentic ovd v2 and sonar rda so I was wondering what ohms would = that wat the battery's I will be using are lg hb6 or hb4 just haven't made my mind up yet

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
St am engine confuses me and overdose v2 is a mech mod by mcv phil

e43ce23e907c2b998d8959229ca9ae05.png

That's on a full charge 18650 rated 25amps

Nissangtr94

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.18Ω to .2Ω should be around right...but you won't get a lot of hits off a single battery mod before it starts to fade in power.
I did a .16 ohm build and I fealt like I was getting hardly any vapour

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ok here is where the fun starts!
In addition to using ohms law calculator, you need to also use the coil builder app. Pay attention to the watts / heat flux.
Now on a mechanical mod, you really cant change anything except ohms, which you manage with wire material, wraps and gauge and core.
Try dual coil, 5 wraps each, 24ga kanthal on a 3.0mm core. Should come out to 0.22 ohm and give you 80 watts to play with. Note the heat flux on this build.. at 80w you get 401 mW/ mm2 a fairly hot vape, but take into account the airflow and mouth piece, both will cool the vape to your liking.
Remember, now you can't regulate your watts, only the resistance, you change the vape temp by changing wire type, gauge, wraps, resistance, etc.
Sorry, I can't really tell you any actual coil builds, aside from the one above (but that one is within safe limits 0.3 to 0.15 ohm is considered pretty safe)

I would also suggest only using hybrid mechs, which had the floating 510 positive pin for added safety. AND always use good, brand name batteries. LG are fine, Sonys are fine, Samsung are fine. Never trust a rebranded battery, since you don't know what is under the label. Maybe they are Sonys.. or maybe they are cheap low quality batteries from some basement manufacturer who is recycling old laptops.. You never know.
I use the 25Rs personally. I also recommend buying a couple battery covers.. little latex covers that slip over the battery when it isn't in the mod or charger. I think they are like a buck each.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
St am engine confuses me and overdose v2 is a mech mod by mcv phil
Steam Engine confuses you?

You know at the risk of sounding like an asshole but it needs to be said. If Steam Engine confuses you, you shouldn't be using Mech's. With Mech's you must know Ohms Law and Steam Engine is about the easiest tool to use to figure out Ohms Law.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

You know at the risk of sounding like an asshole but it needs to be said. If Steam Engine confuses you, you shouldn't be using Mech's. With Mech's you must know Ohms Law and Steam Engine is about the easiest tool to use to figure out Ohms Law.

110% agree. If you don't want to bother with ohms law, stick to regulated mods. I don't mind helping with stuff like how to adjust your vape temp or cloud production, but I can't really tell you any coil builds. Not my face at risk, it's yours.
The thing is, use ohms law calc to determine your resistance and max wattage. Use the wattage to determine the vape temp, and build your coils to get the result you want. Just because you have a 0.2 ohm coil at 100w, doesn't mean you have to build at 100w, you can build to 80w just as easily and have a better vape. But you have to know and understand the math.

*lol* @r055co man, you wanna see sounding like an Ahole.. lol you should see some of MY posts in those "I blew my face off" news feeds comments. Especially when the person or their parents blame vaping for their own stupidity.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might be stressing your battery, arching, bad connection, etc

Do your homework, learn ohms law or blow your face off.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
110% agree. If you don't want to bother with ohms law, stick to regulated mods. I don't mind helping with stuff like how to adjust your vape temp or cloud production, but I can't really tell you any coil builds. Not my face at risk, it's yours.
The thing is, use ohms law calc to determine your resistance and max wattage. Use the wattage to determine the vape temp, and build your coils to get the result you want. Just because you have a 0.2 ohm coil at 100w, doesn't mean you have to build at 100w, you can build to 80w just as easily and have a better vape. But you have to know and understand the math.

*lol* @r055co man, you wanna see sounding like an Ahole.. lol you should see some of MY posts in those "I blew my face off" news feeds comments. Especially when the person or their parents blame vaping for their own stupidity.
Yep

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's my lecture, if you're not willing to take the time to learn the basic rules stick with regulated Mod's. The Vaping community doesn't need another Clouds Bro with their face blown off in the news.

1.Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android

2.Batteries, fucking batteries, take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!

a.Avoid shit batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not eBay or Amazon) sources, great places that I get authentics from are -

http://liionwholesale.com/

https://www.imrbatteries.com/

b.Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"

c.Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog and only use his recommend batteries.

d.In Mod's with multiple batteries, marry them.

e.Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.

3.Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -

a.Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up

b.Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery then add 1/2 the CDR of the next battery

c.Series you double the voltage but you share the amps . So a series you build high with a lot of wire mass no lower that .4 ohms.

4.Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I will vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build like shorts.

5.Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you pit it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front pocket and blow your dick off ya know ;)

6.Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.

a.Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@Nissangtr94 Oh and don't take it personally if we speak a bit harshly about this. We would rather be harsh and hurt your feelings, than not harsh enough and have you end up deformed or blinded. Ya know?

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Exactly what I was gonna post too.

VU Sponsors