Become a Patron!

How many volts do you use with your 1.2 ohm coil in a Kanger subtank mini?

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
I know most people go by watts when using subtanks but I am curious how many volts do you like with the subtank mini using the 1.2 ohm coil. I have a provari mini using the 18490 battery and was wondering if it would work well with it.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Watts is voltage and voltage is watts...if you use x amoint of watts it is giving you x amount of voltage.

I like 12 watts on my kayfun with a 1.4ohm coil so i can say i like 4.1 volts as thats what it shows for voltage at 12 watts with my coil.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't think you can fire a 1.2 Ohm coil on a Provari 2.5, I think the lowest is 1.4-1.5 Ohm.

BTW, the mini uses an 18350, the standard Provari an 18490, and with the optional extension cap, the 18650.

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
Don't think you can fire a 1.2 Ohm coil on a Provari 2.5, I think the lowest is 1.4-1.5 Ohm.

BTW, the mini uses an 18350, the standard Provari an 18490, and with the optional extension cap, the 18650.
Thanks Zamazam. I have a mini with the extension cap and use a 18490.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You might want to get a 40W Kanger Kbox, for $25-30 it's a great deal, so is the iStick 50w at $45. Both of those will power any sub-tank with a .5 or 1.2 ohm coil. The Kbox would need an 18650 20 amp battery, the iStick has it built in. I'd pass on the 30 watt iStick. It would power your sub-tank, but at the top end of it's output (meaning you'd be maxed out on the 30 watt most of the time).

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The subtank works.awesome on a kbox but in terms of volts it's 5.5v for 25 wish watts

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I can fire a 1.1 ohm build in the kayfun on my V2...but at about 3.9v max, before getting an E1 error...good enough to vape it though...I've been thinking about getting the Kanger too and using the 1.2 ohm coil..I think it'll fire it just fine...

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Last edited:

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know most people go by watts when using subtanks but I am curious how many volts do you like with the subtank mini using the 1.2 ohm coil. I have a provari mini using the 18490 battery and was wondering if it would work well with it.

Thank you!

The volts it can be vaped at are stamped on the coil.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Thank you!
I used to d the 2+'X' trick on my provari. I would add 2 to my resistance a swat y voltage that way AMD adjust from there.
1.2+2=3.2.
It always got me close to what I liked on an RTA.

On my 2.5 p-thingy it'll for dowm to a 0.8 BUT hits the amp limit pretty quickly. I haven't used it since the dna30 came out so I'm almost flying blind here, I do remember trying o stay at 1.2-1.4 to get the performance I lord though.

Last edited:

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
I can fire a 1.1 ohm build in the kayfun on my V2...but at about 3.9v max, before getting an E1 error...good enough to vape it though...I've been thinking about getting the Kanger too and using the 1.2 ohm coil..I think it'll fire it just fine...

If you get one smacksy please let me know what you think of it and how it works with the provari :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you get one smacksy please let me know what you think of it and how it works with the provari :)
You bet!
Won't be getting one anytime soon though, maybe next month...but will definitely post how it works on my Provari when I do...

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
You bet!
Won't be getting one anytime soon though, maybe next month...but will definitely post how it works on my Provari when I do...

What tanks do you use on your provari? I'm only using carto tanks right now and would love a 22mm tank that sits nice. I tried the nautilus but wasn't happy with it.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What tanks do you use on your provari? I'm only using carto tanks right now and would love a 22mm tank that sits nice. I tried the nautilus but wasn't happy with it.
Lol..funny you should ask that. I've really found no tanks I liked on it but did run a kayfun for awhile till it started leaking pretty often. Right now I haven't anything to put on it as you can see in the pic..l used a few drops of super glue to hold on that provari ring you see also..it kept falling off every time I unscrewed the kayfun... :(
My provari had been sitting all by it's lonesome for lack of finding anything suitable to run on it..maybe this Kanger tank will do the trick!
11620e8031c2e3e56c2e5e4d0486bd2d.jpg

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
Lol..funny you should ask that. I've really found no tanks I liked on it but did run a kayfun for awhile till it started leaking pretty often. Right now I haven't anything to put on it as you can see in the pic..l used a few drops of super glue to hold on that provari ring you see also..it kept falling off every time I unscrewed the kayfun... :(
My provari had been sitting all by it's lonesome for lack of finding anything suitable to run on it..maybe this Kanger tank will do the trick!
11620e8031c2e3e56c2e5e4d0486bd2d.jpg

I'm using IBTanked standard tanks on it and they work great and look good. But I would love an atty tank for the ease of it. I'm not into building so the Kayfun is out. I wish there was a nice 22mm tank with a 1.5 ohm would be cool. I guess if I learned to build I could make one for the Kanger subtank mini, because they look cool. That Provari looks lonely :(

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using IBTanked standard tanks on it and they work great and look good. But I would love an atty tank for the ease of it. I'm not into building so the Kayfun is out. I wish there was a nice 22mm tank with a 1.5 ohm would be cool. I guess if I learned to build I could I could make one for the Kanger subtank mini, because they look cool. That Provari looks lonely :(
Come to think of it I think my niece uses a full size Aspire Nautilus tank with a 1.5 or 1.6 ohm coil ( can't remember which)
on her bronze Provari Mini... I do remember at first she didn't like it until they came out with the newer BVC coils for it...far as I know she's still vaping it..

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
Come to think of it I think my niece uses a full size Aspire Nautilus tank with a 1.5 or 1.6 ohm coil ( can't remember which)
on her bronze Provari Mini... I do remember at first she didn't like it until they came out with the newer BVC coils for it...far as I know she's still vaping it..

I tried the full size nautilus with the hollowed sleeve, it looked awesome. But it kept gurgling no matter what I did. Yes, they were the new bvc coils.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried the full size nautilus with the hollowed sleeve, it looked awesome. But it kept gurgling no matter what I did. Yes, they were the new bvc coils.
I don't see my niece often for she lives out of state...last time we talked vaping was about 6 mos ago...
I personally never tried the Nautilus or or any Kanger tank but that might change soon...I got a couple box and mech mods since getting the provari about 2 yrs ago, and they have been keeping me vapehappy..lol
The provari was my very first VV device, and I ran the kayfun mostly for flavor, but it has been on the shelf for a long time now...hopefully that'll change with the Kanger sub tank.. HOPEFULLY! lol

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
I don't see my niece often for she lives out of state...last time we talked vaping was about 6 mos ago...
I personally never tried the Nautilus or or any Kanger tank but that might change soon...I got a couple box and mech mods since getting the provari about 2 yrs ago, and they have been keeping me vapehappy..lol
The provari was my very first VV device, and I ran the kayfun mostly for flavor, but it has been on the shelf for a long time now...hopefully that'll change with the Kanger sub tank.. HOPEFULLY! lol

The Provari is all I own right now besides my little pen like devices. I'm not into the box mods but I might end up getting one in the future. Good luck with getting it, I LOVE vape mail :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Provari is all I own right now besides my little pen like devices. I'm not into the box mods but I might end up getting one in the future. Good luck with getting it, I LOVE vape mail :)
Honestly I wasn't into box mods either till I vaped one at my local shop with the Atlantis subtank... It was awesome blowing huge clouds compared to my provari/Kayfun.... But now they are my daily vape...and at about 1/2 of the cost of my provari...good luck to you too!

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
Honestly I wasn't into box mods either till I vaped one at my local shop with the Atlantis subtank... It was awesome blowing huge clouds compared to my provari/Kayfun.... But now they are my daily vape...and at about 1/2 of the cost of my provari...good luck to you too!

I love the look of the Atlantis subtank and I tried it on a regular mod and it didn't work well for me since I couldn't adjust the v/w. Have a nice weekend!

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would use the box mod too i thought of the privari get a lot of kick w my cheapo little Ileaf lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the look of the Atlantis subtank and I tried it on a regular mod and it didn't work well for me since I couldn't adjust the v/w. Have a nice weekend!
I like how the Atlantis vapes with the new cotton .5 ohm coils that came out recently.. Great flavor and good vapor production at 40w (4.9v) on the IPV3...
also got the 7ml extension tank for it seen here...don't have to refill it as often.
ad3608d5fef46acd79816b771d0dfe66.jpg

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thank you!
I run my Subtank Mini with the 1.2 ohm coils at 20 watts, that's the sweet spot for me...great flavor, good vapor production, and it's still a nice cool vape. Everyone's preferences are different though...just keep trying until you find the spot that satisfies you the most. Good luck!

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah...sorry, you wanted to know volts...well it comes in around 4.9 volts. I prefer to set the wattage setting, I find I get a more consistent vape that way, could just be my imagination though. Haha.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
after continually getting bouncing ohm readings on my ipv2, when i got my Istick 50 i just changed it to voltage and havnt looked back. at least this way, if i dont have my tank screwed all the way down, or if something goes wonky, it wont try to read my .5 ohm coil as 1.0 + ohms and hit it at 25 watts instantly frying the .5

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I run the 1.2 ohm coils on the higher end usually around 22.5W/5.2V

Works great with my usual juice (70/30 VG/PG) and the coils last a lot longer than the 0.5

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^^ Exact ditto, Dimplegirl, if you want two more cents. Box mods aren't as clunky as you'd think... I'm such an enabler!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can anybody tell me if that Kanger subtank 1.2 ohm coil is a vertical build like in the Atlantis coil?

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can anybody tell me if that Kanger subtank 1.2 ohm coil is a vertical build like in the Atlantis coil?

Nope, it's a horizontal coil, sits so that the wicks go through the holes on either side of the little chamber. Personally, I've tried both and the Atlantis is definitely airier (probably partly to do with the vertical coil) but the flavor on the subtank is top notch.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, it's a horizontal coil, sits so that the wicks go through the holes on either side of the little chamber. Personally, I've tried both and the Atlantis is definitely airier (probably partly to do with the vertical coil) but the flavor on the subtank is top notch.
Thanks for your post...I was thinking about getting that subtank/coil for use on a old Provari but I've never been found of Kanger tanks due to those little tiny horizontal coils and wicks...it seems we were replacing coils about every three days in the ProTank 2... I get much longer coil life with the vertical coils used in both the Atlantis and Arctic tanks...guess I'll just have to rebuild the Kayfun if I still want to use the provari..

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for your post...I was thinking about getting that subtank/coil for use on a old Provari but I've never been found of Kanger tanks due to those little tiny horizontal coils and wicks...it seems we were replacing coils about every three days in the ProTank 2... I get much longer coil life with the vertical coils used in both the Atlantis and Arctic tanks...guess I'll just have to rebuild the Kayfun if I still want to use the provari..

Smacksy, I bought the subtank mini online yesterday. Once I get it I will let you know how the 1.2 works with my provari. Plus I'm going to build 1.5 - 1.7 coils to see how they work too. I'll be back once I receive it and tryi it out. Waiting on Vape mail :D

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smacksy, I bought the subtank mini online yesterday. Once I get it I will let you know how the 1.2 works with my provari. Plus I'm going to build 1.5 - 1.7 coils to see how they work too. I'll be back once I receive it and tryi it out. Waiting on Vape mail :D
Thx Dimplegirl
I ll be watching for your post..

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Ahh, but these are not at all the old horizontal coils :D The chamber is much larger and the stock coils are pretty easy to rebuild! The bottom grommet pops right out and you can remove the coil with zero fuss. There are a couple of good videos on Youtube showing how to recoil and rewick them.

I've found I get 2-3 weeks of use per 1.2 ohm coil and my subtank is my ADV. I go through at least a full 6ml tank a day.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh, but these are not at all the old horizontal coils :D The chamber is much larger and the stock coils are pretty easy to rebuild! The bottom grommet pops right out and you can remove the coil with zero fuss. There are a couple of good videos on Youtube showing how to recoil and rewick them.

I've found I get 2-3 weeks of use per 1.2 ohm coil and my subtank is my ADV. I go through at least a full 6ml tank a day.
That's what I was asking..if they were the old style horizontal coils, because in my opinion they sucked! Lol
Ill watch the videos you suggested and learn more..thx
Edit...I did watch those videos and they indeed looked like horizontal builds...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jah

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Your Provari mini can use two different sizes batteries The 18350 and the extension allows you to use your 18490. I have always bought the extension for all my Provari,s Big and small.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is giving me ideas for a possible tank upgrade. Never wanted to go subohm but seems my tastes are changing, 1.2 subtank may be in my future. Sorry to post jack, man I'm bad at that lol. Back on topic I run everything in voltage mode anymore, istick keeps jumping ohms around and voltage mode has kept the vape consistent, no complaints in that respect, just need something a little more than my aspire bvc tanks are giving me anymore.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is giving me ideas for a possible tank upgrade. Never wanted to go subohm but seems my tastes are changing, 1.2 subtank may be in my future. Sorry to post jack, man I'm bad at that lol. Back on topic I run everything in voltage mode anymore, istick keeps jumping ohms around and voltage mode has kept the vape consistent, no complaints in that respect, just need something a little more than my aspire bvc tanks are giving me anymore.
I think you mean a subtank with the 1.2 ohm coil, right?
Anything below 1.0 ohm is considered "sub ohm"... The Arctic I vape is truly sub ohm with either the .2 or .5 ohm coils..
The Kanger subtank my sister vapes uses a regular 1.2 ohm coil . I vape on the IPV3 that can fire down to .1 ohm (sub ohm)
My sister vapes on a provari that can only fire 1.0 ohm and above
Confusing terms sometimes I guess, but no big deal I reckon

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received my Kanger Sub Tank and the 0.5 Head that came installed would not fire on my Provari or any other mod I own so I changed to the 1.5 Head and it's smoking on Dovpo Transformer I also found out I need to lower my nicotine level I got Nic Sick,I do think after 4 Hours I'm liking this tank. It also worked with my BAM Kicked the setting was as High as it could go this also worked but I think I will get a new kick that has higher wattage.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The provari P3 won't fire anything below .7 and the P2 won't fire below 1.0 ohm..
Try the 1.5 ohm head on the provari...it should work OK too..good luck with whatever mod you use..

ChooChooTrain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Guys you gotta try the High Voltage sub ohm tank, I hate tanks with a passion but this tank has converted me. Bought the Sigelei 150 because my God 180 won't rock a .20 ohm build, I still love my drippers but this tank out performs the Alantis original and V2. Just my 2 cents

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The provari P3 won't fire anything below .7 and the P2 won't fire below 1.0 ohm..
Try the 1.5 ohm head on the provari...it should work OK too..good luck with whatever mod you use..

How is the vape off

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use my Subtank Mini with the 1.2 ohm Coil, at 16 Watts (4.3 Volts)

30w Istick, 50/50 Juice.

Coils are lasting 6 to 7 days for me.

VU Sponsors