Become a Patron!

how much are we really saving?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Obviously, health is a huge advantage but how many of you truly see a monitory gain over your old analog habbit?
Juice, coils, cotton, testers, chargers, batts, apv's, etc. ....

I was spending around $50 a week on cigs..
now I vape and smoke, nvm the smoke....I still spend upwards of $50 a week on all of the above weather it be a new mod, batts, atty, a few ml of juice, etc...
where we're at now, is it really a cost thing anymore?
I'm a 20 yr smoker and it seems to me that with all the new innovation comes new excuses that I have to give the OL and at this rate I'll be well above what I spent on analogs in 20 years...

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
yea i totally agree. This is why I buy a bunch of 102 ml bottles @ vistavapors.com I can actually get enugh juice to last me as much as i need and it is cost effective. Unfortunately though it looks like legislation is trying to tax the hell out of e juices in the future and this will screw it all to shart if this happens. I too have spent more getting the mods batteries wicks ect then I would have normally smoking. This is why i got the I stick 30, 50 and the smaug mod. Because over time they will save me money because they are usb chargeable. I also buy my wire in bulk for $5 i get 100 ft of 26 guage a1 kanthal. I have been looking at the readyxwicks because you can torch them to clean them and reuse them. Its all about investing in the long run for me. So right now I am stockpiling juice just in case of an internet ban or some other tax or bull shit red tape that the asses in corporate greed land will impose.
I would hope that prices would go the opposite direction and that juices and equipment become more affordable. I mean if I were to pay the ridiculous prices of $20 + per 30 ml of juice then I would be spending over $60 per week just on juice and that is not right. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm good where I'm at as far as vape but I'm a hobbyist at heart...
I'm sure most here can relate but I see a new mod/atty and it's hard to resist.

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get a litre of 99% nicotine and you'll be set. PG, VG, flavorings cannot be outlawed. Box mods and more importantly mech mods that take standard batteries are a must as well. Learn how to fix your own stuff or find a friend who can and you are set. The vape-apocalypse is a non-issue on a personal level if precautions are made.

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get bulletproof attys too. RDA's, etc. Hell, even a kayfun is prime, if the insulator fails you can use cardboard and change it out each time you re-coil. Just never fill it with Pluid :)

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is hard to resist the latest. I'm fine with Clearomizers/Glassomizers and the coils that come with them. But I have an RDA and two RBAs that maybe I'll mess with someday. And a collection of stuff that is closer to obsolete if the temp control mod, tank, and coils work as promised. I expect that I will settle on a favorite or two and then stop searching for the perfect vape.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get a litre of 99% nicotine and you'll be set. PG, VG, flavorings cannot be outlawed. Box mods and more importantly mech mods that take standard batteries are a must as well. Learn how to fix your own stuff or find a friend who can and you are set. The vape-apocalypse is a non-issue on a personal level if precautions are made.
Christ...do we not understand rhetorical questions?
This thread was meant as a lulz to the "cheaper than cigs" argument But all I see is a few DIY brewers focusing on the juice.
No weezing the joo-oose..

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Initial investment for smoking: 1. Cigarettes. 2. An ash tray (or your shoe will do). 3. A lighter (or matches, even a flint and steel).
Initial investment for vaping: 1. Vape hardware and more vape hardware. 2. Juice and more juice. 3. Batteries, plugs, etc etc etc etc etc...
HOWEVER, after the initial investment, Vaping is by far the cheaper option.

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
resized_y-u-no-meme-generator-y-u-answer-my-rhetorical-question-dac996.jpg

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Initial investment for smoking: 1. Cigarettes. 2. An ash tray (or your shoe will do). 3. A lighter (or matches, even a flint and steel).
Initial investment for vaping: 1. Vape hardware and more vape hardware. 2. Juice and more juice. 3. Batteries, plugs, etc etc etc etc etc...
HOWEVER, after the initial investment, Vaping is by far the cheaper option.
Lmao, omg....
the point is that there is no "after the initial investment"....

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Christ...do we not understand rhetorical questions?
This thread was meant as a lulz to the "cheaper than cigs" argument But all I see is a few DIY brewers focusing on the juice.
No weezing the joo-oose..

Juice is the most expensive part...why wouldnt it be brought up?..Rhetorical or not.

I can spend 20 a month on 102ml from vista vapors and use my kanger evod starter set up and stay of smokes easily.

But why spend 20 a month when i can spend 5 a month and do it myself with diy juice and coils buying in bulk..(rhetorical)

I dont NEED a sigelei 30w or a cloupor 30w or even my mvp 20w and vamo v2 but its all things i WANTED....However, ive still spent less than i wouldve on cigs for 6 months...So actually i dont fit into this category..*takes a puff of my diy mix i spent less than 1 dollar making 15ml of.*:p

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's suprising how butt hurt you guys get over opposing opinions even when there's no opinion opposed.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WOW!
Really?.
So here is the deal. I use a local b@m, so im paying the max for sure. But I've done the math. In 2 months I've spent $300. I was spending $58 a week on cigs. Even is you are payin the max, it's still cheaper

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@mods
please delete this thread entirely...
my OP was meant as satire with copious amounts of sarcasm but I guess it didn't fly.
Sorry for the hassle.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@mods
please delete this thread entirely...
my OP was meant as satire with copious amounts of sarcasm but I guess it didn't fly.
Sorry for the hassle.
My question is did u figure out how to down a 30 pack in one sitting? ?? I've got 4 left:):):)

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only one night off this week though so I went for the gusto.
I went thru a bacardi and diet faze. Was just gonna lose a few pounds u know. Cost me 2 d. U. I. S, and almost a divorce. Said fuck it, I'll just be fat and drink beer:)

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually only.get drunk at home.
I'll go for some live music a couple times a month but I don't get drunk simply because I don't like crowds.
I'm always on edge and I have to drive home so I usually stop @2 beers on bar nights.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bar time for me is about the tunes.
it's cheaper and safer to hooch at home..

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I usually only.get drunk at home.
I'll go for some live music a couple times a month but I don't get drunk simply because I don't like crowds.
I'm always on edge and I have to drive home so I usually stop @2 beers on bar nights.
Wish I had that control. Once I start no stopping. But I have learned that bout myself, so no more driving for sure. Just enjoy getting loaded, and see where the nite takes me with no keys in my pocket:) but sat nite is home for sure, and just go to town

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wish I had that control. Once I start no stopping. But I have learned that bout myself, so no more driving for sure. Just enjoy getting loaded, and see where the nite takes me with no keys in my pocket:) but sat nite is home for sure, and just go to town
Kind of tunes you into?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just about anything.
I can't get into modern country or that house/trance stuff but otherwise, I'm open to anything.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just about anything.
I can't get into modern country or that house/trance stuff but otherwise, I'm open to anything.
Same boat fir me. I do favor the heavy stuff, but dont necessary have to have it. Top 5 at the moment: pearl Jam, five finger death punch, in this moment, otep and pink

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One of my favorite local bands.
The Royal Tinfoil

I like it alot. How do u post shit like that v so fast? I'm new to "social media" personal ban on facebook for reasons we will not get into

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The more 5fdp I hear, the more I like and if there was ever a heavily tatted metal chick that I'd bang it would be otep...

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many years of forum abuse...;)
It's just a quick URL copy and embed.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Idk man, I usually dig blondes but she doesn't do it for me.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you look at youtube vid on a browser, chrome, ie, etc...you get an http:// url
you copy that url and click the film reel above where you're typing your message and paste the link and it will embed the vid into your post

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you look at youtube vid on a browser, chrome, ie, etc...you get an http:// url
you copy that url and click the film reel above where you're typing your message and paste the link and it will embed the vid into your post
Um....... did u forget I've had 30 beers:)

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see you have an affliction for female leads like I do..
here's another local band.
Old you: new girlfriend

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I see you have an affliction for female leads like I do..
here's another local band.
Old you: new girlfriend
I do absolutely have s affliction for female leads. They send chills up my v back. Like this one as well. Thanx. U ever listen to dead sara?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oooh, seesters...;)
My 1st aid kit isn't bad. I only checked on vid but it was decent.
I know nothing of hailstorm...

VU Sponsors