Become a Patron!

How much for your 30ml of DIY e-Juice?

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Excluding mixing gear (some of you have exotic industrial hardware, lol). I'll start ...

My AVERAGE COST*
Nic (48mg): $25/120ml = $0.208/ml
Flavor: $5/30ml = $0.166/ml
PG/VG: $15/1000ml = $0.015/ml

TYPICAL MIX = $1.75* per 30ml bottle
Nic (3mg/ml): 2.0 ml/30ml = $0.42/30ml
Flavor (20%): 6.0 ml/30ml = $1.00/30ml
PG/VG (80%) : 22.0 ml/30ml = $0.33/30ml

CURRENT MIX = $1.17 per 30ml bottle
Nic (0.3mg/ml): 0.2 ml/30ml = $0.04/30ml
Flavor (15%): 4.5 ml/30ml = $0.75/30ml
PG/VG (85%) : 25.3 ml/30ml = $0.38/30ml

*1CAD=0.80 USD (multiply by 0.8 to get USD)

Aside from nic, using less flavoring (with FA or RFSC) really brings unit costs down. I'm guessing Teresa_P will have the lowest cost per ml since she gets the cheapest deals for flavors.

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
um wow
$60 for 1 liter of 100mg/ml nic at nicotine river or chemnic
so thats 1.5ml for a 30ml at 5mg/ml so thats .09 cents of nic
um lets use my one flavor taht has 3 diiferent FA flavors for a total of 6%
ill round cuzz i do specific garavity but just 1g/1ml converison instead
so i buy 4oz conatiners but 6 at $18 that $108 -=.15 a ml so need 1.8ml of flavoring so thats 27 cents for 30ml
vg hmm i get that at about 49 for 4 gallons when i can but lets just say i even paid twice that because i have so another .17.6 cents for vg
whats that equal
.09+.27+.18 oh yeah 54 cents for a 30ml

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
look its not hard to lower cost in the USA at least
get the vg and pg on sale from essential depot with free shipping
check amazon as a prime member they do deals on that with free shipping there too
the last deal was 4 gallons for like $49 with shipping

Since pg and vg usually make up at least 80% of you juice
thats the fastest way to save money

then buy 100mg/ml nic anything lower is a waste of money imho

always try to order enough flavors to get free shipping from a vendor when they offer it

order you favorite or most used flavoring in large bottles like 4oz or more buying 15ml or 1 oz of something you use often is a waste of money

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Any where from $3.50 per 30ml for my peppermint ice diy at 36mg nic salts for my Myjet pods to $10.50 per 30ml for my diy single leaf varieties mixes of natural tobacco extract (I buy it concentrated I don't make it) at 24 mg nic salts for my MTL tanks. I tootle puff MTL about 2 to 2 1/2 ml a day, mostly the NETs. Only the smoothest and the best and worth every penny, you just can't buy what I make :D

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My last liter of 100nic was $155.00CAD (125+ tax and shipping) in Canada, that was last summer. That's the most expensive component of my DIY. I build my wife's 3mg juice for 5 bucks per 200mls so .75 for 30mls. I vape mostly 9nic so mine is more but I have not calculated cost for my juice. I just know that its miles cheaper than commercial. With the Canadian dollar shitting the bed it makes buying concentrates 35% more than the price on a US site. I'm glad I did a lot of buying when the dollar wasn't so bad and almost par back when.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well except next week, next week Im vaping for free cuz my buddy @Mykreign is sending me some juice :)
When I'm delivering her a normal load of (3) flavors ..
View attachment 89007
I'm thinking the same thing. :yes:

Ron
---
"By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist."- Miyamoto Musashi
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle: vape mail

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
look its not hard to lower cost in the USA at least
get the vg and pg on sale from essential depot with free shipping
check amazon as a prime member they do deals on that with free shipping there too
the last deal was 4 gallons for like $49 with shipping

Since pg and vg usually make up at least 80% of you juice
thats the fastest way to save money

then buy 100mg/ml nic anything lower is a waste of money imho

always try to order enough flavors to get free shipping from a vendor when they offer it

order you favorite or most used flavoring in large bottles like 4oz or more buying 15ml or 1 oz of something you use often is a waste of money
Thanks for the buying tips!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yeah let me clarify on essential depot
i mis spoke earlier
its $49 plus shipping for 4 gallons
which is like 33 shipping for me
so thast still good
their amazon page is hit or miss
right now all i can find is 1 gallon for $25 with free shipping for prime
so thast not bad and is the price i actually use din my calculations above

but if your on essential depots email list you get word of their specials

which i think they run 3-6 times a year that save you big

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yeah let me clarify on essential depot
i mis spoke earlier
its $49 plus shipping for 4 gallons
which is like 33 shipping for me
so thast still good
their amazon page is hit or miss
right now all i can find is 1 gallon for $25 with free shipping for prime
so thast not bad and is the price i actually use din my calculations above

which i think they run 3-6 times a year that save you big
Thanks for the clarification :) I'll go sign up for Essential Depot.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I live 6 minutes up from the Idaho border so I do a lot of US shopping cause especially with amazon up here in Canada the prices of most of the stuff is outrageous. Search something in Amazon.ca then just change the .ca to .com of the address and be ready to fall out of your chair. I got a glycube that in the end with shipping and exchange to the Idaho border store last fall was 95CAD. Most vendors sell PG and VG for 12-15 a liter up here then you get slammed with shipping cost so 6 bucks a quart is a great deal. The Nic is a whole new ballgame that I won't bring over the border no matter how cheap it is down in the US.
Just to add I sure miss the coops and now having to troll vendors for some gear really sucks.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i just checked the last email i got form ED. supposedly theor pg/vg is going way up in price at the end of the summer

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any where from $3.50 per 30ml for my peppermint ice diy at 36mg nic salts for my Myjet pods to $10.50 per 30ml for my diy single leaf varieties mixes of natural tobacco extract (I buy it concentrated I don't make it) at 24 mg nic salts for my MTL tanks. I tootle puff MTL about 2 to 2 1/2 ml a day, mostly the NETs. Only the smoothest and the best and worth every penny, you just can't buy what I make :D
who do you buy your NETs extracts from.

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Nic is a whole new ballgame that I won't bring over the border no matter how cheap it is down in the US.

Yup, I gather that duties are now calculated by total mg ... don't know what the border dudes use to calculate mg/cig ...

nicotine_chart_1.png

Assuming they use 12mg/cig, 200 cigs/carton x 12 = 2400 mg. A 120ml bottle x 100 mg = 12000 mg. So, a single 120ml nic bottle could easily be levied the same duties of 5 cartons of cigs ($250 or more).:eek:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to buy everything from the US or UK. I tend to buy in larger batches to minimize shipping costs. Using the calculator at ELR, where I input my costs for all ingredients, my costs for 30ml run from about $1.50 to $2.09 for my one of my ADV's. I can't complain about that at all even though cigs are only $2.70 for the major brands.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i just checked the last email i got form ED. supposedly theor pg/vg is going way up in price at the end of the summer

Did it have a date on it? I get that from the US, so maybe I should put an order in now.

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
3mg nic, 3.5% RF SC flavoring, 70vg = $0.47/30ml
Wow! Your unit cost is the one to beat. RF SC flavors have great 'bang for buck'; have the following D-A-AP free flavors on my buy list: Condensed Milk, Sweet Cream, Cookies & Cream, Blueberry, Strawberry, Dulce de Leche, Pancakes, Shortbread Cookie.

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
my costs for 30ml run from about $1.50 to $2.09 for my one of my ADV's. I can't complain about that at all even though cigs are only $2.70 for the major brands.

Compared to $15+tax for retail/ commercial juice ... I'd be a happy camper.:)

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Essential Depot put out a "rising" price e-mail last year, and the price never went up.
Very strange they say they are selling so much to vapers, they must increase the price 40%?
I'll be getting VG from Bulk Apothecary if this happens.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Essential Depot put out a "rising" price e-mail last year, and the price never went up.
Very strange they say they are selling so much to vapers, they must increase the price 40%?
I'll be getting VG from Bulk Apothecary if this happens.
Ill go back to my local place.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! Your unit cost is the one to beat. RF SC flavors have great 'bang for buck'; have the following D-A-AP free flavors on my buy list: Condensed Milk, Sweet Cream, Cookies & Cream, Blueberry, Strawberry, Dulce de Leche, Pancakes, Shortbread Cookie.
my true cost is actually a bit less since most of my RF SC bottles were bought during their bigger (20% - 50% off) sales but I put everything in my diy juice calc at retail/replacement costs. I haven't bought any flavors in 4 - 6 months (maybe more) and with 60+ 1oz bottles of their flavors in the fridge I likely won't need to buy any more flavors from them for a few years. The only thing I will need to buy in the next year or so for DIY is more VG when I finally crack open my next/last bottle of VG that I bought 3 of when stocking up last fall.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
does any one know how bulk apothacary packages the 50lbs of VG
thats almost 5 gallons and shipping for me is dirt cheap since they are OH and im in MD

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yup, I gather that duties are now calculated by total mg ... don't know what the border dudes use to calculate mg/cig ...

Its not the duty that I'm worried about paying. Its having to declare it with a receipt at the border to the guards. If I have no receipt or not being honest then they can get nasty and put whatever price on the item, fine me and pay duty just for spite or I still pay a fine and the option to leave the nic behind. Then I have a black mark so every time I go over the border I could get searched and put under a microscope. It gets confiscated then I still have a mark and again possibility of hassles every time I come back into Canada. Lots of pain for saving 50 bucks on a bottle of nic. I can bring whatever concentrates, VG, PG and gear over the border without hassle so far. Its the Nic that is the grey area and mostly up to the guards discretion on how to handle the charges and duties. Back a few years ago when we were bringing juices with nic over the border we accompanied it with gear, they were most impressed that we vaped to quit smoking and more interested in the gear and how it works so they just let the juice go. Today I don't know what could happen bringing nic or nic juices since lots have changed in the last few years. I still bring concentrates, gear and base over the border but I have detailed invoice of every item from the vendors site or in the case of coops I made a invoice then sent it to the runner and they sent it back to me so I had their name and email on the invoice.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Compared to $15+tax for retail/ commercial juice ... I'd be a happy camper.:)

No doubt. Though saving money through DIY is a major, if not the primary, factor for most, I got into it for the control factor. When I started vaping I tried over 50 juices from some highly rated juice makers. I found one I liked, about 5 that were tolerable and the rest were horrible. I was annoyed by the waste of time, effort and money involved in getting those juices.

Now, I have so many juices I love to vape, more than I can keep up with and I PIF whatever doesn't rock my boat. I'm not held hostage to vendors, postal services and customs. They can all kiss my ass!

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Its not the duty that I'm worried about paying. Its having to declare it with a receipt at the border to the guards. If I have no receipt or not being honest then they can get nasty and put whatever price on the item, fine me and pay duty just for spite or I still pay a fine and the option to leave the nic behind. Then I have a black mark so every time I go over the border I could get searched and put under a microscope. It gets confiscated then I still have a mark and again possibility of hassles every time I come back into Canada. Lots of pain for saving 50 bucks on a bottle of nic

Yes. Getting a CBSA record is a fate worse than duties; since border info is shared, one would be flagged for unpleasant secondary inspections on all subsequent visits (both ways).

Local providers (if not already bookmarked) are good enough for me ...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Canadian_ecigarette/wiki/vendor_list

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No doubt. Though saving money through DIY is a major, if not the primary, factor for most, I got into it for the control factor. When I started vaping I tried over 50 juices from some highly rated juice makers. I found one I liked, about 5 that were tolerable and the rest were horrible. I was annoyed by the waste of time, effort and money involved in getting those juices.

Now, I have so many juices I love to vape, more than I can keep up with and I PIF whatever doesn't rock my boat. I'm not held hostage to vendors, postal services and customs. They can all kiss my ass!

That sounds so familiar. Saving money with DIY is the perk, its the control and ability to change whatever whenever you want. I spent 2 years looking and spending lots of bucks on shit juice that sounded good from reviews and description on site until you opened up the bottle, if it passed the smell test then into a atty just to taste like crap, steep then still taste like crap. There wasn't a juice that was good enough that I would reorder it. I gave all the vendor juice away after I began DIY. I have spilled more juice than given away from making a crappy batch.

"Held hostage".......thats put exactly the way it is.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Buying everything from Nicotine River always with free shipping, and buying NicSelect 100 mg a liter at a time ($59.99) = the prices below. Using the Heartland Vapes $44.99 100 mg shaves a few pennies.

To make 500 ml 70/30 3 mg unflavored base with NicSelect costs me $2.89 (Heartland Vapes $2.67)

Flavors, I source everything I can through Nicotine River now, even if their price isn't the lowest rock bottom on that day, because I feel their free shipping makes up for those extra pennies, though I still have lots of flavors in inventory from a variety of more expensive sources I don't use anymore. The prices in my calc represent the real price I paid for what I have right now. When I re-up, I adjust the price.
Examples, 30 ml batches:
Lenola Cream (FLV, INW, FA, LOR, CAP, TFA 15.75% flavoring): $1.47
Custard INW (all INW 7% flavoring): $1.27
Milk Man Clone (FA and TFA 22.10% flavoring): $1.03
Cotto's Bourbon Custard Clone (all TFA 20% flavoring): $0.82
Berry Berry Good (FA and TFA 13.50% flavoring): $0.63

Using a brand new 30 ML PET bottle will add $0.35, but for personal use I only use recycled bottles, many of which are old Vape Wild bottles I've had for years. I throw them away when they're too creased in the middle to be squeezable, or spring a leak, or get permanently contaminated with something nasty like Red Hots, and even then I save the cap and dropper. I only use a new bottle for liquid I'm selling to friends (8 to 10 dollars per 30 ml), and even then I encourage them to return the bottle for refilling. I'm a total miser when it comes to bottles.

It's interesting to see how an all INW recipe like Custard INW is $1.27 at only 7% flavoring, while an all TFA like Cotto's is only 0.82 cents with a whopping 20% flavoring. The INW and FLV really push up the price, though it's still such a minimal expense compared to walking into a vape shop and throwing down 20 or more dollars for a 30 ml. Really makes you wonder, if I can make Milk Man for $1.03 buying everything at retail prices, what are these guys costs when they're buying at bulk wholesale prices. The bottle, package and label costs them far more than what's actually inside.

Last edited:
this is a bit an@l, but the calculator I use gives the costs.

in the UK so prices are in GBP and mix in 50ml bottles most of the time, although have 100ml bottles also for those things I vape more of.

flavouring tends to vary between 5% to 20%
6 to 9mg nicotine at the moment, the difference between strengths only adds 3p to a 50ml bottle.
usually have a 50/50 mixes but even going max VG the difference is literally 1p
actual bottles add 21p - but tend to use them 3 or 4 times before disposing of them so 5p per mix

nicotine was bought pre TPD so none of this 18mg max nicotine shot nonsense.

mainly using TFA or FA (rebottled and branded)
5% flavouring - £0.49 per 50ml
10% flavouring - £0.70 per 50ml
20% flavouring - £0.99 per 50ml

Using 'one shots'
10% flavour - £0.80 per 50ml
15% flavour - £1.10 per 50ml
20% flavour - £1.38 per 50ml

VU Sponsors