Become a Patron!

How much juice is safe

Hi All,

Newbie vaper here, well, probably for 2-3 weeks now, I used to be on the shisha(hookah) and started having a few smokes here and there, I quit after 10 years in 2010, and have been on an off shisha since then.

Anyhow, literally vaping up a storm now, its 10:30am and I almost got through 5ml of juice. I can honestly say I do about 20ml a day. My alien smok tells me sometimes I have done 600 puffs.

I feel great, no side effects, but the problem is I love the flavor! I am pretty sure I am not on this for the nic, although it of course helps.

My current poison is a mix of Blueberry Sour beltz(TFC) and Roll Upz Blue Rasberry and I love it!

Any comments on this?! I have read a ton about diacetyl and how it "might" screw your lungs, but I have only two breakfast vape classics(basically made of diacetyl with a touch of PG/VG) which I probably do 2ml a day of(due to potential risk... otherwise I would be on those yummies permanently)

Just wondering, how much do you reckon is too much?!

Argie3

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"Safe" is a rather relative term...
Still 20ml sounds excessive.... been gaping for over two years now and I also use big juice thirsty tanks with same nicotine levels as you do, still I estimate my consumption around 10-12ml.

Hmmm also admittedly I am a bit of a chain vaper... ok basic point, cut down I guess? Also it's new, so maybe after a little while I will slow, working from home doesn't help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
20mls is actually fine for the setup you are using. I can get up to about 28mls on a regular day, unless its Saturday... I can vape 9-12mls in a 2 and a half hour show of Mod Envy. :D There are folks on here that vape 30+ mls a day. Don't worry ;)

Don't worry about the diacetyl thing... Literally the only case of it that I know in the last few decades came from some guy working in a popcorn factory breathing in that butter dust stuff for a decade.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
20 ml of 3mg juice is 60 mg of nic per day which by the way is the same amount of nic I use per day vaping just 10ml of juice....

You might be using more juice than some but still be using less nic than those same people. Some people use over 30 ml of juice a day but no nic at all.

What is too much?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Indeed. I am sure I would do the same with 0 juice. The nic is the least of my concern. Just pure volume I was concerned with. It seems tho that I should not be! :) vape on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Overuse of anything is bad.... Problem is defining overuse varies by the person and item being used.

I am a skinny person yet I eat like a pig..... if I went by popular wisdom I should be about 500 lbs. Yet I barely break 150. I eat junk food drink sodas don't really exercise. I basically do everything to be fat yet don't get fat.
What is too much?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's completely true that after some months, your vaping will decline somewhat -- my husband says I don't vape NEARLY as often as I did during the first few months, and I know I was basically vaping my face off, then. Once the smoking urge slacks off, the vaping will too.

At first, the only thing that's really important is staying away from cigarettes -- and doing it without suffering, because most ex-smokers, if the suffering gets bad enoough, will either just go back to smoking, or they'll "slip", which just sets back the whole process. Remember, vaping is AT LEAST 95% safer than smoking, and when you're first off cigarettes, that's the only matter of safety that need concern you.

Some types of hardware just use more ejuice than others, but if you're using the type that causes you to exhale huge creamy clouds of vapor, then most of your ejuice is going to waste in the air, not into your lungs. Like buying a drink and pouring half of it down your shirt. 20ml is really not excessive for modern vaping hardware.

The diacetyl thing is vastly overstated. Cigarettes contain more diacetyl than any ejuice is likely to contain, yet bronchiolitis obliterans is vanishingly rare. If it makes you happy, use ejuice without it, or learn to make your own from flavors that don't contain diketones, but either way, it's not nearly as big a concern as the usual smoking-related conditions such as cancer and COPD -- neither of which is rare for smokers. The Big Money concerns and hence the mass media that they OWN are trying as hard as they can to find ANYTHING bad they can say about vaping, and that's about the biggest gun they can find -- yet vapers who've been inhaling huge amounts of ejuice with diketones are NOT coming down with "popcorn lung" in droves -- it's STILL vanishingly rare.

Don't worry. Be happy to be off cigarettes and not suffering for it, and thumb your nose at all the naysayers. They got nuthin and they know it, and it's DRIVING THEM CRAZY.

Andria

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What I consider an obscene amount of juice consumption in one day is considered nothing to others. I think how much juice is safe is really up to your body to decide, no set number or formula that is going to work, even for a general sample of people.

That said, I also take the "95% safer" statement with a grain of salt as well since the total intake of inhalants in relation to what your body will handle over the long term varies on the same principle.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What I consider an obscene amount of juice consumption in one day is considered nothing to others. I think how much juice is safe is really up to your body to decide, no set number or formula that is going to work, even for a general sample of people.

That said, I also take the "95% safer" statement with a grain of salt as well since the total intake of inhalants in relation to what your body will handle over the long term varies on the same principle.

So very true! I haven't even bothered with any of the "modern" tanks, since even 10ml per day would bother my lungs a lot. By using a tight-draw RDA and keeping the wattage down below 10w, I can usually stay around 5ml per day, and not bother my lungs excessively. But I'm still kinda wheezy late at night, after I've been vaping all day. I just figure that's better than having a chestful of carcinogenic tar.

Andria

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, not into the modern tanks either, you cant tell if someone is using an asthma inhaler or vaping anymore until they exhale.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I get through about 15-20ml a day

VU Sponsors