Become a Patron!

How old are people here? Just wondering

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I'm 48. I started smoking when I was 14. Quit smoking 3 or four months ago. I hadn't thought of vaping until half way through that first day of no smokes and didn't want to do any time for murder from being a grumpy bastard with no cigs so I picked up a vape and everyone lived.:p

So, there you have it. Vaping stops violent crime and domestic violence.

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
45 old ass years here.

Sent by my LG G2 filtered by the NSA for your approval.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
42yr/old
smoked for 17 years 1 pack aday, then quit in 2000, picked it back up in '12, quit again 2 months ago, been vaping for two months. Coincedence? I THINK NOT!
If vaping is a fad that passes, I hope it stick around long enuf to keep me off smokes

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
42yr/old
smoked for 17 years 1 pack aday, then quit in 2000, picked it back up in '12, quit again 2 months ago, been vaping for two months. Coincedence? I THINK NOT!
If vaping is a fad that passes, I hope it stick around long enuf to keep me off smokes
See, this is why it's soo dumb that people want to tighten down vaping or ban it. Keep with the right setup mate and you'll stay off the smokes.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seems like the majority are 30+ on here guess like someone said earlier were the only ones who can afford this hobby.

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
49 here. smoked for 32 yrs and started vaping jan 7 2012. My mom smoked for 57 yrs and 2 months after i bought her a starter ecig she didnt need to use it anymore and has been nic free for almost 2 yrs now

RichS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm 56, smoked for 42 years, stopped smoking the day I got my first cig-a-like, a V2, quickly moved up to a mechanical and stopped all together 3 weeks ago.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm so old that there were only 48 states in the U.S.of A when I was born. I remember thinking in school "Damn now I have to remember two more state capitols".
LXI
Both mom & dad smoked so I was around 2nd hand smoke since birth, started smoking before I was 10, started buying my own when I got my DL and car @ 16. Pack to pack and a half a day until spring of 2010 when I went to "Wood Badge". One of my ticket items was to quit cig, I kinda cheated by switching to cigars. Smoked cigars until Jan 2014. Smoked one cigar 30 March 2014. and have been vaping since 2011, and been happy vaping since Jan 2014 when I went from those damn cig-like things to refillable/recoilable tank type PVD's.
I like the Smoktech tanks, they all have the same coils that cost less than a dollar to replace, When they break, I just toss them and no big deal, each one has a different flavor I'm trying out and they are easy to clean with hot distilled water.
I just got some Nautilus tanks. The full size I didn't like because they are larger than I want so I resold them , The mini's I've been using with my favorite flavors of creams and cinnamon, Been using them the last 3 weeks and so far I like them.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm so old that there were only 48 states in the U.S.of A when I was born. I remember thinking in school "Damn now I have to remember two more state capitols".
LXI
Both mom & dad smoked so I was around 2nd hand smoke since birth, started smoking before I was 10, started buying my own when I got my DL and car @ 16. Pack to pack and a half a day until spring of 2010 when I went to "Wood Badge". One of my ticket items was to quit cig, I kinda cheated by switching to cigars. Smoked cigars until Jan 2014. Smoked one cigar 30 March 2014. and have been vaping since 2011, and been happy vaping since Jan 2014 when I went from those damn cig-like things to refillable/recoilable tank type PVD's.
I like the Smoktech tanks, they all have the same coils that cost less than a dollar to replace, When they break, I just toss them and no big deal, each one has a different flavor I'm trying out and they are easy to clean with hot distilled water.
I just got some Nautilus tanks. The full size I didn't like because they are larger than I want so I resold them , The mini's I've been using with my favorite flavors of creams and cinnamon, Been using them the last 3 weeks and so far I like them.
Finally someone spelt "Capitol" correctly!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like the majority are 30+ on here guess like someone said earlier were the only ones who can afford this hobby.

I quit smoking to save money. I spent roughly $150 per month on cigs. Since I quit four months ago, I've been spending $70 a month on vaping and now have enough supplies to vape for free, rolling my own juice, for well over a year.

VU is a haven for the hobbyist but it's also a valuable tool for the cheap or financially strapped. :D

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I quit smoking to save money. I spent roughly $150 per month on cigs. Since I quit four months ago, I've been spending $70 a month on vaping and now have enough supplies to vape for free, rolling my own juice, for well over a year.

VU is a haven for the hobbyist but it's also a valuable tool for the cheap or financially strapped. :D
My friends are always calling me CHEAP, I'm NOT cheap,, I am thrifty.

RichS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wear CHEAP like a badge of honor, the funny thing is, the people that call me cheap are the ones always hitting me up for money.

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
42 and holding from here on out. Lol

Sent from my LGL35G

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
47. Superbowl 2015 will mark 4 years free of the stankful 2 packs/day.

N

Newheart301

Uhhh... witch part ? All the parts aren't the same age. Mostly 59, but my heart is 36.

laurie9300

Member For 5 Years
I'm 50 (L), smoked for over 35 years, tried to give up regularly (though never permanently) for the last 20 of them. Started vaping 8/6/13, smoked my last cigarette 8/10/13, and never looked back..........

doughdreads

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
24 here. Smoked and dipped for about 5 years. Quit cold turkey; a year after quitting I picked up vaping while I was in Baghdad.

doughdreads

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Angel Cigs I just started vaping out of boredom, there wasn't a whole lot to do out in Baghdad besides reading and working out. I didn't want to start smoking cigarettes again so I ordered an iTaste MVP 2 and some 0 nic juice.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
45 old ass years here.

Sent by my LG G2 filtered by the NSA for your approval.
I've heard of dog years, but how does one measure age in ass years?

I eat lots of spicy food, so at 32 in human years I may be pushing 100 by this count...

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It's like the Christmas party at Mutual Of Omaha in here! Where's Ed McMahon? Oh wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ekJqWdX.gif

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's like the Christmas party at Mutual Of Omaha in here! Where's Ed McMahon? Oh wait

I'm old enough that a reference to Mutual of Omaha reminds me of Marlin Perkins. Here he is talking about re-educating smokers and releasing them into the wild as vapers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think. :p

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I turn 45 next week on the 24th. Started smoking at about 17 then went off an on for about... crap... 19 years :eek: then quit cold turkey for 8, then started again because of stress related to dealing with my disability insurance company. Wife talked about a client of hers who vaped, but I didn't get the hint until my daughter just came out and asked me to try it. Finally quit smoking about a week after I got my first greensmoke cigalike kit 4 and 1/2 months ago.

The flavors are what hooked me. I always smoked exclusively for the nic (or menthol if I had a head cold) and didn't like people knowing I smoked so I was as stealth as possible. If it wasn't for the flavor, I probably would not have quit because the nic didn't have the same hit but was enough to get me through after a bit of chain vaping which is what I still do since I'm home 24/7.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll be 30 in less than a month. Smoked for 12 years. Picked up cig-a-likes 2-3 years ago, but it wasn't enough to get me off the stinkies. After buying an eGo battery at a gas station, I felt more confident in my vaping gear. After upgrading some more to a mech mod and dripper, I was finally able to put down the death-sticks for good. I'm now at the point where they smell terrible, make me nauseous, and I can't even be around my g/f while she's smoking. Today she decided she's going to quit for good in the next 3-4 months. She's already made huge progress towards cutting back.

Now I just have to hold her to it. :)

I hope you can convince your father to give it a try, @AngelCigs. If he can find a setup that works for him, I'm quite sure you can pressure him into giving up cigarettes. Just let him know that you love him too much to watch him kill himself, and you want him around for a long time. If he can ignore that and keep killing himself with cigarettes.... You're not telling him enough!

Best of luck to him and you. Take care!

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm old enough that a reference to Mutual of Omaha reminds me of Marlin Perkins. Here he is talking about re-educating smokers and releasing them into the wild as vapers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think. :p

Hot Damn! For us 40 something's Ed McMahon was the MOA Spokesman; you're dating yourself brother

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not old enough to have any sense it seems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not old enough to have any sense it seems

You really should direct your comments towards someone, unless you want everyone on the site to assume you're talking about them.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You really should direct your comments towards someone, unless you want everyone on the site to assume you're talking about them.
That comment was directed at myself. Thank you for bringing that to light. I appreciate that.

VU Sponsors