Become a Patron!

How Safe is the new Innokin Disrupter LiPo Battery System?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This mod looks good, and unique quick change system looks interesting. How safe are lithium polymer batteries in general, and would the performance be superior to an 18650 set up? I keep hearing LiPo batteries vent much more violently than IMR batts do.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How safe is your cell phone? Basically the same question.
Edit: didn't mean to come.off as a dick but its safe as any lipo pack. Like a power drill.or.cell phone.
Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Being innokin, I would trust they have tested it well and pretty sure it is safe, but nothing is proven till 1000's of people get them and test them properly in everyday usage.

But as dre said above, anything with a battery in it, normal or lipo can fail, has happened with cell phones.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love that you can buy extra battery packs for it! If it was TC I'd get one :)

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only reason I mentioned my concern was I saw a video on youtube( cant seem to find it again) a chemist/engineer who is a vape enthusiast explain that LiPo is not the way to go for ANY vv/vw device due to when the battery fails, and begins to vent, fire is the result. Explodes basically. I hope the metal case the battery pack comes in can contain any malfunction. Time will tell. I still like the idea of the changeable system though. The purple and black combo looks pretty cool.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After looking at their site, it seems rather underwhelming. I know it's new tech but 20 amp MCD rating and 2,000mAh seems... meh. I mean, a VT4 packs more power and is safer with a 2,100 mAh capacity and a 30 amp MCD. Hell, the current crop of EFests are the same specs for fuck's sake. I'd love to see purpose built LiPo batter packs for vaping, but 20 amp, 2,000 mAh is not an advantage over the current pack of 18650 Li-Ion cells. Samsung, Sony, and LG both make 18650 cells that meet the MCD and surpass the capacity of this cell (25r, VTC5, and HG2 and HG4 respectively).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this doesn't seem like a competitive offering. I don't think that's what the OP was looking for, but that's all I have to say on this product.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In my opinion the Disruptor Innocell is exactly the type of thing that is needed for the novice vaper that wants a replaceable cell device.

For those into 18650s it's not remarkable but how many posts are there in here of people buying or considering buying cells that just aren't suitable for their mod?

China continues to produce mods that are so powerful that no 18650 on the market is able to power and be within its continuous current rating. Companies like efest, MXJO and Imran continue to take the piss out of us with false claims, going so far as to state a "pulse" testing for a cell and not even giving at time frame.

I love using 18650s, but it's about time something better was found. Something purposefully designed for vaping. The Innocell isn't what I want from a cell, we need an open standard, not proprietary. However it is a step in the right direction. Hopefully it will inspire innovation.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only reason I mentioned my concern was I saw a video on youtube( cant seem to find it again) a chemist/engineer who is a vape enthusiast explain that LiPo is not the way to go for ANY vv/vw device due to when the battery fails, and begins to vent, fire is the result. Explodes basically. I hope the metal case the battery pack comes in can contain any malfunction. Time will tell. I still like the idea of the changeable system though. The purple and black combo looks pretty cool.

I use LiPo battery packs in model airplanes. They van burn when they vent, but they don't always and they take a lot more abuse before they vent than our hybrid IMR cells do. Driving a nail through one is definitely more dangangerous than if you do that with an IMR, but I generally don't do that to my batts. There are also a lot of LiPo batteries in mods these days. One example; Innokin has been using them in their MVP mods for a while and they must have sold a million of those, they were really popular. I don't know of one that has burned.

I'm sure the metal case on the Disrupter battery is not designed to contain a fire if things do go bad. It can't possibly do that and the stronger anyone tried to make it the worse the explosion would become. Think pipe or pressure cooker bomb. What you want to do is let the pressure escape fast enough so there is no explosion. We have the same thing in our IMR batteries now. There is a vent system built into the positive end that lets the pressure escape when they vent.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
^^^ like that guy said VERY SAFE!!
I build robotics and quadcopters in all applications I use lipocells. yes, sure they can vent when they are abused just like an 18650 imr cell. Yes they can catch fire when punctured, an imr will pop, vent or boom when punctured. I've been putting lipos in the air since 2010 or ramming vehicles with them and never had any issue. I've stressed them much more than a mod will and again zero issues.
Between that and the fact that innokin makes some of the safest vape gear on the market, ideal for a new vapor I'm comfortable saying that I'm sure they tested the system before putting it out to market.
If it had tc or offered more power I would probably buy one for myself.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors