Become a Patron!

How The Clone Wars Could Hint at the Future of the Star Wars Franchise

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
“I need someone to show me my place in all of this,” Rey begs Luke Skywalker shortly after meeting him in The Last Jedi - and her quest for meaning, for belonging, forms the much of the narrative engine for Disney's current extension of the Star Wars saga. That hero's journey - from being "nobody" to being somebody who can make a difference - has been in Star Wars' DNA from the start, reflected in everything from A New Hope to The Clone Wars series - and embracing that quality could be the key to the franchise's future.

Rey is an outsider by design (it’s telling that J.J. Abrams chose to introduce her as a purposefully isolated character, severed from the narrative threads of the Skywalker family in The Force Awakens) and while fans are still debating whether her parents are truly nobodies from nowhere, as The Last Jedi states, the notion that one gifted but lowly hero could change the course of the galaxy harkens right back to George Lucas' original 1977 film, when Luke's father wasn't secretly Darth Vader and his tragic descent into darkness wasn't the catalyst for an entirely separate trilogy of movies.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors