Become a Patron!

How the hell is a .07 ohm build not exploding on a vtc5

Ryuzakii

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So ive seen a guy on a shop and hes using a mech mod with a 0.07 build and hes using a vtc5 i asked him why isnt his battery exploding and then he said he is pulsing. No idea what that means and why that happens so can anyone explain it to me?

toffflann

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never, ever use pulsing for draw, that's the stupidest thing you could ever do, maybe people who is in competitions that now what they do, but still every vape event i've been at everyone uses above .1 and that's "fine" with the normal draw.

but if you don't know don't do.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Vaping in short bursts, is call pulsing. It's usually under 2 second draws.

Don't worry. He will blow his dumb fucking face off, soon enough. Anyone using pulse rating to build on mechs, are complete fucking idiots.
this^
Never, ever use pulsing for draw, that's the stupidest thing you could ever do, maybe people who is in competitions that now what they do, but still every vape event i've been at everyone uses above .1 and that's "fine" with the normal draw.

but if you don't know don't do.
and this^

also he could be bullshitting about the resistance too

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping in short bursts, is call pulsing. It's usually under 2 second draws.

Don't worry. He will blow his dumb fucking face off, soon enough. Anyone using pulse rating to build on mechs, are complete fucking idiots.
^^^^ YEP THAT 1000% ^^^^

noogie003

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm surprised no one with a level head has pointed out he's not holding a gun to his head. At that kind of resistance, the voltage is collapsing too fast for the amperage to stay anywhere near as high, he's probably pushing 20 amps after sag, he's stressing his battery for sure, but he's also using a battery with one of the safest chemistries out there that is near impossible to put into thermal runaway without a direct short.. sounds as if this guy may be the ONLY one doing his research out of this bunch
ID STILL LIKE TO STRESS ITS DUMB but blind hate is silly

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
He will be fine ...until he puts his mod in his pocket and forgets to lock his fire button.

Remember that idiot at that vape event called "Vape Blast" ?

He had a super low build and his fire button got stuck on so he tried to dump the battery out but it was too late as the mod was starting to swell up.

So he just threw it on the ground in the middle of a large crowd and ran.:facepalm:

Pieces of the mod were lodged in the ceiling by the time it was over.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
200.webp

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He will be fine ...until he puts his mod in his pocket and forgets to lock his fire button.

Remember that idiot at that vape event called "Vape Blast" ?

He had a super low build and his fire button got stuck on so he tried to dump the battery out but it was too late as the mod was starting to swell up.

So he just threw it on the ground in the middle of a large crowd and ran.:facepalm:

Pieces of the mod were lodged in the ceiling by the time it was over.
Yep I remember that...And I think I could look up the Phil Busardo video if need be.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm surprised no one with a level head has pointed out he's not holding a gun to his head. At that kind of resistance, the voltage is collapsing too fast for the amperage to stay anywhere near as high, he's probably pushing 20 amps after sag, he's stressing his battery for sure, but he's also using a battery with one of the safest chemistries out there that is near impossible to put into thermal runaway without a direct short.. sounds as if this guy may be the ONLY one doing his research out of this bunch
ID STILL LIKE TO STRESS ITS DUMB but blind hate is silly
Nobody is hating on anything we are pointing out once again how crazy doing something like this is.With any battery...Period!

Lizzardking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reading this asking questions about ohms n already having knowledge of some electronics I got two builds my mech I biuld no lower than .2 on a 25rbatt n my wismec Rx 300 got a .11 build but read some reviews the ohm chip actually reads lower than should, like I made a 6 straid 24gni80 braid 4/5 3mm I.d. tossed it on my kylin rta n the wismec reads it .08 ohm but my fluke multimeter reads it at .1 the same with my ".11 build" two quad twisted a1 by coil master one s .25 +-.5 ohm so 2 coils should be .125 not .11

Scribb|e

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's still building far too low on a mech with a 25R - you should allow at least a 30% safety margin on the max amp draw of the batteries, and they don't stay minty fresh for long, plus natural batch variation etc.

And it's not a competition to see who can vape at the lowest resistances and/or the highest wattage.

Ultra-low resistances make no sense in this day and age of powerful regulated devices, anyway - I'd much rather vape using a coil that has a decent surface area that doesn't take a whole day to ramp up.

Lizzardking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
M
That's still building far too low on a mech with a 25R - you should allow at least a 30% safety margin on the max amp draw of the batteries, and they don't stay minty fresh for long, plus natural batch variation etc.

And it's not a competition to see who can vape at the lowest resistances and/or the highest wattage.

Ultra-low resistances make no sense in this day and age of powerful regulated devices, anyway - I'd much rather vape using a coil that has a decent surface area that doesn't take a whole day to ramp up.
From understanding much build .18 the absolute I'm .2 but just rebuild at .3 now

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reading this asking questions about ohms n already having knowledge of some electronics I got two builds my mech I biuld no lower than .2 on a 25rbatt n my wismec Rx 300 got a .11 build but read some reviews the ohm chip actually reads lower than should, like I made a 6 straid 24gni80 braid 4/5 3mm I.d. tossed it on my kylin rta n the wismec reads it .08 ohm but my fluke multimeter reads it at .1 the same with my ".11 build" two quad twisted a1 by coil master one s .25 +-.5 ohm so 2 coils should be .125 not .11

That is pushing things with a 25R a bit on a mech, I would try to raise resistance a little bit if you can.

On your RX300, it is regulated, so resistance doesn't matter. It doesn't effect the amp load on your batteries, so build anywhere you like within the mods resistance range.
If you build very low you will hit output amp limits though, or high resistance voltage limits.

The RX300 isn't a high end mod, so I would expect the fluke multimeter to be more accurate. We are talking about a 0.02-3 difference here though, so it is very small.
The coils as you say are +-.5 Ohm, so this is well within normal readings.

Lizzardking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is pushing things with a 25R a bit on a mech, I would try to raise resistance a little bit if you can.

On your RX300, it is regulated, so resistance doesn't matter. It doesn't effect the amp load on your batteries, so build anywhere you like within the mods resistance range.
If you build very low you will hit output amp limits though, or high resistance voltage limits.

The RX300 isn't a high end mod, so I would expect the fluke multimeter to be more accurate. We are talking about a 0.02-3 difference here though, so it is very small.
The coils as you say are +-.5 Ohm, so this is well within normal readings.
Yea my mech mod party is .2
7 .3 my other two artsy I use on my reg mod they .17 .18 ish n just changed my avocado to this20170526_231621.jpg 20170526_231621.jpg 20170526_231629.jpg 20170527_000704.jpg

VU Sponsors