Become a Patron!

How to avoid lung inhales with an RDA?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was a mouth-to-lung person when I was a beginner using cheap ego devices, but now I have an RDA and it pretty much forces me to do straight lung hits. I like lung hits, but vaping seems to be starting to have some long term health effects on me, because I feel shortness of breath and some wheezing now.

I know some of you may say that my problems aren't from vaping, and I know there's a chance vaping isn't to blame, but I want to give mouth hits a try just to see. The wide drip tips typically on RDA's and subohm tanks seem to make it impossible to just do mouth hits though. Even with airflow closed off almost all the way, it seems the only possible way to vape on my RDAs or subohm tanks are straight lung hits. I just want to let the vapor in my mouth from now on. Do you know a proper technique to achieve that? I've also tried using an adapter to put a small clearomizer drip tip on my RDA, but It's still difficult to keep the vapor out of my lungs.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't really understand. You want to vape, but not inhale?
Do you vape custards?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had those same symptoms earlier on when I started vaping, and it was due to high VG. Subohm really exaggerated the problem.

I think it takes a while for lungs to heal, but now I can vape max VG and lung inhale.

Give it time, but in the meantime find an RDA with a much smaller airflow (the old Igo-Ws come to mind). And try 50/50 juice rather than max VG.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are older-style RDAs, like the Igo @AmandaD mentioned, that have comparatively low airflow and are designed for use with 510 drip tips rather than the larger "chuff cap" style tips. I'd try one of those with a higher-ohm build at low wattage, or get an RTA like @Shark Vape suggests - he's got a thread with a lot of good discussion on mouth-to-lung devices floating around here somewhere...

While it's a lot rarer than PG sensitivity, VG sensitivity is a thing, and heaviness in the lungs is one of the common symptoms - trying a higher-PG liquid might also not be a bad idea.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My wife likes the flavor of RDA's but is not in to lung hitting either. We got her a Freakshow made by wotofo. Just do a single coil build .5 or higher, close the airflow almost all of the way off,turn your power down. It takes a regular 510 drip tip,she was using the one that came with her subtank mini.

VU Sponsors