Become a Patron!

How to avoid nicotine while vaping?

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I am told that vaping nicotine is probably nowhere near as addictive as smoking. So my question is how to avoid nicotine while vaping? In relationship with the choose of different e-juice? Thank you all.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And actually, change that "probably nowhere near as addictive as smoking" to DEFINITELY not even CLOSE to being as addictive as smoking. However, as a substitute for smoking, if you stop the vaping, the smoking will most likely return, so you're just as "stuck with it" as with smoking -- but smoking has at least a 50/50 chance of leading to your early death, and probably an even greater chance of leading to major negative health issues, while vaping is extremely unlikely to kill you, and not very likely to even make you sick, once you narrow down the PG/VG ratio than suits your body best, and determine if there are any flavors that disagree with you in some way.

Andria

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
If you were a smoker or not is totally dependent on how to answer your question as to.... Why avoid nicotine?
I am worried about beijng addictive, vaping just for fun.

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
And actually, change that "probably nowhere near as addictive as smoking" to DEFINITELY not even CLOSE to being as addictive as smoking. However, as a substitute for smoking, if you stop the vaping, the smoking will most likely return, so you're just as "stuck with it" as with smoking -- but smoking has at least a 50/50 chance of leading to your early death, and probably an even greater chance of leading to major negative health issues, while vaping is extremely unlikely to kill you, and not very likely to even make you sick, once you narrow down the PG/VG ratio than suits your body best, and determine if there are any flavors that disagree with you in some way.

Andria
Thank you very much, my lady.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am worried about beijng addictive, vaping just for fun.

That's fine, and don't let anyone tell you differently, though there seem to be a lot of ex-smokers who feel that one needs to join the "idiots inhaling poison" club to be "qualified" to vape, and that is simply not true -- vaping INSTEAD of smoking works just as well for those who've never smoked, as those who need to get free of smoking.

You seem to be disinclined to use nicotine, and that's fine too; why bother with nicotine if you don't really need it. But be aware that nicotine is only maybe 10%-25% of the addiction to smoking; there are a great many other factors involved which make smoking so extremely addictive (some of them deliberately imposed by Big Tobacco just to ensure their captive audience); the biggest factor by far is the constantly-repeated behavior -- which is really why vaping works so well to help smokers quit -- it's not smoking, and is different from smoking in a lot of ways, but it's a close-enough mimicry that it does what all the patches and gums COMBINED can't do.

Vape on! :)
Andria

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
That's fine, and don't let anyone tell you differently, though there seem to be a lot of ex-smokers who feel that one needs to join the "idiots inhaling poison" club to be "qualified" to vape, and that is simply not true -- vaping INSTEAD of smoking works just as well for those who've never smoked, as those who need to get free of smoking.

You seem to be disinclined to use nicotine, and that's fine too; why bother with nicotine if you don't really need it. But be aware that nicotine is only maybe 10%-25% of the addiction to smoking; there are a great many other factors involved which make smoking so extremely addictive (some of them deliberately imposed by Big Tobacco just to ensure their captive audience); the biggest factor by far is the constantly-repeated behavior -- which is really why vaping works so well to help smokers quit -- it's not smoking, and is different from smoking in a lot of ways, but it's a close-enough mimicry that it does what all the patches and gums COMBINED can't do.

Vape on! :)
Andria
Thank you so much.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I gotta disagree with that. I tried switching to 0 nic early on and didn't like it at all.

Yeah I have to disagree also because I won a bottle of Zero MG with a contest win and when I added Nicotine it was much better!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure that to a never-smoker, 0mg would taste a great deal better!

Andria

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm pretty sure that to a never-smoker, 0mg would taste a great deal better!

Andria

I have a bunch of non smoker say they love the taste of 0mg over the 3mg. Us smokers like the throat hit of the nicotine I think. But that is my experience and I could be wrong. I like 3mg over 0mg though.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have a bunch of non smoker say they love the taste of 0mg over the 3mg. Us smokers like the throat hit of the nicotine I think. But that is my experience and I could be wrong. I like 3mg over 0mg though.
I cut down to 3mg over a 6 month period. Now, 21 months later, 3mg is basically a security blanket. I could vape 0mg if i I didn't know it was 0mg. LOL. (which I have done.. I made some DIY and forgot if i added the nicotine or not. lol)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well, I certainly need some TH, though I've had to substantially reduce the amount of Flash I use in my mixes, since it started making my nose feel tingly like just before you sneeze -- but there was never a sneeze to relieve it. I still use just a smidge of Flash, plus the 3.2mg nicotine. But my son is an ex-smoker vaper, and though he vapes 5-6mg, he really hates TH; he vapes either 50/50 or 30/70 PG/VG, and anytime he tastes mine, he says it feels like a pinecone going down his throat. :giggle:

But in general, I think never-smokers mostly won't care for the rough edge of nicotine, or the taste either; it's still vaguely perceptible even at very low mg levels.

Andria

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always wondered about the relationship of nic and flavor, so I researched it. Now I can't remember his name, but the guy that does the DIY or DIE YouTube channel told me that he definitely feels that some nic, although I don't think he mentioned a strength, was very beneficial in bringing out flavor complexities after proper steeping. After that I began to notice that many people feel the same way.

I absolutely trust the opinion of the DIY OD guy so my mind was made up easily. This was before I'd bought two bottles of the same juice (0mg and 12mg on clearance to mix for my regular 6mg preference). After I tried those side by side I'd say I noticed a distinct difference with the 0mg tasting watered down. Is this due to me being a long time smoker? Entirely plausible, but I don't think it's that simple. No way to know for sure.

I can't believe people have an opinion on whether or not others should vape. Smoke don't smoke, vape don't vape, use drugs (hardcore and all) it shouldn't be my right (or responsibility!) to decide for you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can't believe people have an opinion on whether or not others should vape. Smoke don't smoke, vape don't vape, use drugs (hardcore and all) it shouldn't be my right (or responsibility!) to decide for you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I agree, but I've seen COUNTLESS posts from former-smoker vapers basically upbraiding non-smokers for vaping, when vaping is "our thing, not theirs" -- it's exactly like they think the non-smoker should go ahead and cultivate a deadly addiction before they're 'qualified" to vape, which is utter bullshit if I ever heard it. this is particularly true when non-smokers DO want to vape nicotine, for WHATEVER reason. It's like those former smokers have completely forgotten how many people warned THEM away from smoking (to no avail!). Some people just have the unshakable belief that they have the right to tell others what they should or shouldn't do with their own bodies.... y'know, kinda like Tobacco Control does. ;)

Andria

randallpiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do ******* only for fun, also.
Don't need to get addicted, just like to have a hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:

randallpiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Smoking cigarettes for 28 years probably cut 20-40 years off my life.
Studies or not, inhaling a foreign substance, PG, VG, whatever, cannot be good.
Do whatever you want, but don't be surprised with the consequences or results.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Smoking cigarettes for 28 years probably cut 20-40 years off my life.
Studies or not, inhaling a foreign substance, PG, VG, whatever, cannot be good.
Do whatever you want, but don't be surprised with the consequences or results.

Just as you had the right to smoke, for WHATEVER reason, she has the right to vape. It's not your call... and the comparison is utterly ridiculous, since those substances are basically inert.... unlike all the poison in cigarette smoke.

We inhale "foreign substances" every waking minute; in the 21st century, the only "pure" air is inside a sealed chamber in a lab somewhere.
'
Andria

VU Sponsors