Become a Patron!

How to change ohms on a mod

SagsMcGee

Member For 1 Year
This is my first post here so excuse me if I break rules or whatever for posts

I have a smok Procolor 225w mod and I usually keep my RDA on it which is .118 ohms, but then I switch to my tank which is .18 ohms but my the ohms on my mod don't change. Does it matter what my mod says and if so is there a way to change it? Usually something will pop up and ask if it's a old or new addy but nothing did and I tried taking it off and putting it back on and restarting the device but nothing changes.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU Sags. Quick search of the forum turned up this.

1. Lock your smok procolor ( by hitting the side button 5 times quick. )

2. Hold the right button in the center, it will show locked then show you'e OHMS

3. As it shows your OHMS use the same buttons you would use to turn your watts up and down. Mine only went down to 95 OHMS.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This is my first post here so excuse me if I break rules or whatever for posts

I have a smok Procolor 225w mod and I usually keep my RDA on it which is .118 ohms, but then I switch to my tank which is .18 ohms but my the ohms on my mod don't change. Does it matter what my mod says and if so is there a way to change it? Usually something will pop up and ask if it's a old or new addy but nothing did and I tried taking it off and putting it back on and restarting the device but nothing changes.

Thanks in advance

The ohms are set by the coil, not the mod. The mod merely reads what the coil says.

If it isn't reading the ohms correctly, you might need to see your manual or something

SagsMcGee

Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU Sags. Quick search of the forum turned up this.

1. Lock your smok procolor ( by hitting the side button 5 times quick. )

2. Hold the right button in the center, it will show locked then show you'e OHMS

3. As it shows your OHMS use the same buttons you would use to turn your watts up and down. Mine only went down to 95 OHMS.
Thank you! It was very easy I feel dumb now

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thank you! It was very easy I feel dumb now

Don't feel dumb dude. Apparently this is not documented. A dude dropped in, shared the info and apparently it was just what a bunch of people were looking for as that mod doesn't always detect the coils or something.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ohms are set by the coil, not the mod. The mod merely reads what the coil says.

If it isn't reading the ohms correctly, you might need to see your manual or something
some mods have an option to tweak the ohms. These smok mods sometimes don't pick up you changed atomizer but its simple just fire it without atty then fire again with atty

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
some mods have an option to tweak the ohms. These smok mods sometimes don't pick up you changed atomizer but its simple just fire it without atty then fire again with atty

OH brother - that makes no sense whatsoever. Smok is losing it, I mean, how the heck does it change the coil's resistance :confused:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
OH brother - that makes no sense whatsoever. Smok is losing it, I mean, how the heck does it change the coil's resistance :confused:

Make them cheap, make them pretty and make them sometimes work.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For most mods that do not pick up a changed atty.
fire the mod with no atty then put the new atty on and it should read it properly.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors