Become a Patron!

How to choose e-juice?

judy61699

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone,

i get to know there are so many different kinds of juices with different PG/VG Ratio, flavor, nicotine etc. what will you suggest to choose the e-juices. im a newbie.

Seina_Yamada

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It totally is up to you. flavors pg/vg and nic mix is some thing you have to choose for yourself its not a fix all. Try going down to a local vape shop and trying out different flavors till you find something you like and go with a lower nic level at first say about 6mg and if you feel the need work up or down from there.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My personal preference is higher VG ratio not so much for the cloud but for the smoothness of the vape. With Nicotine content it is advisable to start lower depending on your delivery system or your gear. Many users like myself are working their was downward and not actually increasing it.

Good Luck and Happy Vaping :bingo::bingo:

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone,

i get to know there are so many different kinds of juices with different PG/VG Ratio, flavor, nicotine etc. what will you suggest to choose the e-juices. im a newbie.
For flavor, many companies sell sample packs. Don't be all about tobacco flavor. I chased for a good tobacco flavor for nearly 2 years and gave up on them. Not saying don't try it but that can be a tough flavor to chase. Try some dessert flavors and cereal flavors. Many people enjoy those.

Nicotine level will depend on the setup. I was a pack and a half a day smoker and I vaped between 12 to 18 mg juice with a normal setup. If you are using anything with sub ohm coils, you need to lower the nic level to around 3mg to 6mg.

Try sample packs or visit a local vape shop to try flavors. Only you will know what you like. Me personally, I enjoy desserts and cereal flavors.

judy61699

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks all of you. i prefer fruit flavor juices with more vg and start with 6 mg nicotine maybe. not only the nicotine level but also the pg/vg ratio will affect the vaping performance with different setup. im right? you know my is 1.5 ohm 14 w. it is the innokin endura T18. may i ask what kind of nicotine mg and PG/VG ratio will be better with it?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I prefer a lower nicotine level with higher VG/PG ratio in my iStick TC40W with a Nautilus Mini. Good clouds and pleasant taste. Lately been lower the wattage for more taste as the weather warms up.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks all of you. i prefer fruit flavor juices with more vg and start with 6 mg nicotine maybe. not only the nicotine level but also the pg/vg ratio will affect the vaping performance with different setup. im right? you know my is 1.5 ohm 14 w. it is the innokin endura T18. may i ask what kind of nicotine mg and PG/VG ratio will be better with it?
Usually the higher the ohm coil, the higher the nic level to get that same throat hit/ satisfying vape. Lower the nic level to 6 or 3 when sub ohm vaping. I have 18mg in my Nauti Mini on a 6V pen battery.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I only do 12MG to 18 MG when I need a kick start in the AM but did it this afternoon for a change in my Mini. DIY 70/30 VG/PG

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hi everyone,

There are three main things to choose when finding a juice for you. These are:
  • Ratio of PG / VG. VG is smooth, thicker, sweeter, and produces more vapor. PG has throat hit like that of a cigarette, is thinner, and generally holds flavoring / nic, it also is a preservative for your juice so it's advised to have at least a small amount within the juice.
  • Concentration of nicotine, whether it be 0, 3, 6, 12, or higher mg/ml content. The higher nicotine the more throat hit. You can easily find nicotine concentration recommendations for the amount of cigarettes you used to smoke with a quick google search. It also depends on the set up your are using, and the amount of watts you are vaping it. When sub-ohming it is advised to use 3mg/ml less, 6mg/ml only if you were a pack or so a day smoker.
  • Last, but the most important in my opinion... your personal taste profile! Whatever tickles your tastebuds the right way, get it :)

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just head on down to your local shop and they more than likely will have tons of different flavors for you to try until you find the one or ones that are just right for you.

Queen Celly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone,

Me too! What I'm going to do is order a bunch of samples with different vg/pg levels just to see the difference and find out what I prefer. I'm not a cigarette smoker, but I do smoke shisha alot. Personally using an iStick tc60w I found 3 mg nicotine too high for me, so did a friend of mine that do's smoke. The nic content also makes me dizzy so I'm going to try 1.5 mg though I do prefer no nicotine in my flavors. Start with something safe maybe, like a strawberry flavour? I love strawberry cheesecake, so yum!

hashtagvapemail

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone,

I'd start off with flavor profiles that you like (sweets, candy flavors, fruity mixes, tobacco flavors, rich or creamy, nutty, spicy, etc.), most shops or sites have things broken out into general flavor profiles. If all else fails Juicedb.com has a good range of reviews and everything is broken down by broad flavor.

I would also suggest trying a wide swath at different price/quality levels too. Some you'll like, some you just won't. Also give some of the big names a try, especially the really well known ones, they're popular for a reason, generally. I won't name any of them here since I'm a vendor ; I'll let other forum members suggest, or you can go to the reviews section on this forum to get an idea what others think.

They may not be where you stay, but it will be good for you to try them. I'd buy in small amounts until you know what you like and enjoy, there's a lot out there to try! Most shops will likely be selling much smaller bottles now that they can't offer free samples, so you should be able to get a bunch of very small eliquid bottles (10-15ml each) for a great price from any number of places.

sl4k

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
t is the innokin endura T18. may i ask what kind of nicotine mg and PG/VG ratio will be better with it?

I'm currently vaping at 50PG/50VG and it works well on the EnduraT18. I only change the coils once in the month. I dunno if the nicotine mg would change anything actually...

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PG/VG ratio is a personal preference thing. Some people have sensitivities to PG and VG and that dictate the ratio some atties work better with different ratios, then there the affects of PG and VG on flavor and clouds.

Nicotine on the other hand is a dosage thing, and affected by the power levels you vape at and the size of the coil and amount of air flow.
I am sensitive to VG, too much makes me ill, so I vape at no more than 50% VG, I'd do 100% PG, but it can get harsh at wattages over about 10. Most of my juices get mixed to 70/30 or 60/40.

Nicotine... I was a 40year PAD smoker. I started vaping with coils at 1.5-2ohm, on a mech, at 20mg/ml, Over time I was able to get that down to around 15mg/ml. These days I still vape at pretty low wattages 15-20 and make my juice at 8-10mg/ml. On those occasions where I do build for more wattage, cloud chasing. I will drop my nic down to 3-6mg/ml.

Flavor you'll have to that yourself. My favorite is UNFLAVORED. All of my flavored juices are Pipe or cigar tobacco based.

Yes i have been vaping for oabout 3 years and still consider myself a smoker, because i still buy and use tobacco. I just don't SMOKE it.

vapebay.com

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah it really is a trial and error sort of thing. Just start with flavors that you personally find appealing or will taste good. Eventually everything will sort of fall into place!
Good luck!
If you need any suggestions, DM.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like VG max with 2.5 mgs of nicotine dripping on a RDA or in any of my subtanks or RTA's ...I vape the TFV8 between 100-150w and the RTA-2 between 70-100w depending on the build..
I get good vapor/flavor and a awesome nicotine hit in 2-3 cloud blowin deep lung pulls...just my 2¢

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sto0ka

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Huh if your'e trying to start vaping and move from analog cigarettes..
Than your ejuice should be tobacco flavour with 24mg nic :D
50% PG should be minimum , not even sure if that coils can fire up 60% VG juices in innokin endura T18 (1.2Ohm min resistance) . Even if they can , taste will be crap and you will end up replacing them in few days.

I'm vaping since march this year , but i tied few times before and failed... Why failed ?
Well lets say I end up in e-cig shop and I'm leaving it with battery , atomizer and 6mg skittles juice (25 cigs + a day smoker..)...
3 hours later buying pack of marlboro in store and thinking how retarded I am.
Few similar fails after that :D
But then this last time , before i went to shop I did know what PG and VG are , how atomizers work , that i need high nicotine level liquid , what MTL and DLI are , plus a lot more information

Anyway , good luck :D

VU Sponsors