wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
this is not intended vendors or people who sell juice commercially. I dont know any of the pricing on that and have to reason to inquire. this is for the average guy who makes juice for himself and maybe a handful of friends. when you are new to DIY or just deciding who to choose for your next nicotine order its sometimes hard to decide where who to buy from. there are tons of places to buy it from but from what I understand only a few sources. 5 different places you are looking at might sell the exact same thing with different stickers. how the company handles and stores the nicotine will make a difference in the quality. I know this from my own trial and error storing my own nicotine.

when you start buying nicotine I would suggest as most things buy a small quantity. when you start searching you will see everyone " has the best nicotine". you have to try it yourself. I say that all over the place in different forums and in life. you can not go off what you see on some internet site. the internet is full of misinformation and trolls out there as we all know. there are a handful of different vendors out there that do have unique to their brand flavors. the best one is the one that gives you the results you are looking for. if you want a lot of throat hit you may prefer one brand or if you want a smooth clean taste you may want to try another. if you want in between there are options for that to lol. there are cheap sample sizing options to try from most places now.

so lets get down to numbers. that what matters right. can I continue to make my own juice cheaper than buying at the store. there are obviously other reason but cost is most definitely always a factor. can you say pennies !!!!!! literally pennies. as of the date of this post no matter who you choose as your prefered vendor your cost of nicotine is one of the cheapest parts of DIY. everything below this point is not intended to compare vendor A's nicotine vs vendor B's nicotine rather than cost. there seems to be this myth that there is a massive price difference from different vendors. this is just not true. don't forget to add your shipping cost in there ;) I punched in the numbers in a eliquid cost calculator. for the nicotine I use and is considered to be the higher priced nicotine vaporstek. I personally vape 6mg juice and buy 240 ml at a time. the cost of my nicotine per 1 ml is one penny !!!!!!! I can make 4 liters of ejuice out of a 240 ml bottle. thats crazy. it really wasnt worth doing the math on the rest of the companies because no matter what thats the most you will pay to date. your nicotine cost are extremely minimal. use the nicotine you prefer. naturally cost will go up if your nicotine level is higher than mine. 12mg is 2 cents per ml and makes 3 liters, 18mg is 3 cents and makes 2 liters and 24mg is 4 cents and makes 1 liter. I can get 240 ml of 100mg vaperstek shipped to my house for 41 dollars and I can get wizard labs 250 ml of 100mg nic shipped to my house for 36.64. a whopping $4.36 difference.

in conclusion to all this rambling the key point is what do you want from your nicotine and what is it you expect from a vendor. do your research and decide for yourself.

-----this is where it might sound like a commercial but its my post and my opinion lol-----------

personally I chose vaperstek as my nicotine supplier. they offer high quality nicotine for a few buck more than the others but they also have a 2nd line now for those who like TH for cheaper than all the others. another reason I chose vaperstek is the customer service. also as of todays date vaperstek is very active in the DIY community here and also on ECF I believe. if you have questions or concerns it very easy to get ahold of them. when I buy things online I never say who I am , not that I am anyone important but I dont want people think I am looking for freebies. I am more than willing to pay for everything I need. today I got a call from vapertek and asked how I was liking the nicotine and offered to send me a sample of the new nicotine with throat hit because he seen me talking about it here on vaping underground . thats just crazy man. who else does that. I gladly accepted the offer and turned around and ordered some more VT for myself. the only guy to have ever beat me on the one up contest is drew at bull city vapor but thats a different thread and a different story lol. if you are reading this drew its not not over yet hahaha.

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Good advice wllmc !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just see this question a lot and I know from being new to DIY at one time myself it all just so overwhelming. what flavors , what nic, what magic voodoo do you need lol. a lot of my advice is master of the obvious stuff. but there is a lot of I heard this about that place and that. sometimes the plain simple answer is what a guy needs to hear. nothing is wrong with any product out there really. I think people dont know what they want they just want the best. well the best is always what you have liked the best from what you have tried. with all the samples every one has now its easy to try new things.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a note. I got 1 liter of 100mg heartlandvape shipped to my door for $45. It should be here today.

I like to look for sales. I'm new to vaping let alone DIY liquid so I hope I didn't mess up.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You just got to "Trust" you nicotine vender. I trust Heartlandvapes and as long as they keep my juice smooth I'll stay with them. I've gotten off nicotine for my juice, but I make juice for friends and they tell me it's smooth and I'm sure they will tell me if it becomes harsh.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Time, you didn't mess anything up. If you're about to venture into the world of DIY, you're winning. Have fun with it, be safe, do your research. You'll be so glad you've taken this step. When or if you feel lost or confused or just want opinions, make a post! :) This is a super friendly forum. Most DIYers enjoy being able to help out and give back, ya know?

This is good stuff.

Nice post @wllmc.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I second wllmc's good advice to try smaller bottles first. It's really tempting to jump in on blow-out sale prices for a liter, but if you don't enjoy vaping it, it's a waste of money. If you switch to a new brand, keep a little of the old stuff in storage to try again later, just to make sure you're using the one that works best for you.

You can run into inconsistency with some sources. The first order works well, but another later is different. This is not just for nic base, but also plain VG or PG. Before you sink money into a really big order, it's not a bad idea to buy small more than once, far enough apart in time that you're trying different batches. A look in my freezer will explain why, lol!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I second wllmc's good advice to try smaller bottles first. It's really tempting to jump in on blow-out sale prices for a liter, but if you don't enjoy vaping it, it's a waste of money. If you switch to a new brand, keep a little of the old stuff in storage to try again later, just to make sure you're using the one that works best for you.

You can run into inconsistency with some sources. The first order works well, but another later is different. This is not just for nic base, but also plain VG or PG. Before you sink money into a really big order, it's not a bad idea to buy small more than once, far enough apart in time that you're trying different batches. A look in my freezer will explain why, lol!
dude I just put some more nic away. I have way more than I thought I did. ha. its in a padded bag inside another padded bag inside the back freezer. I forget whats in there. out of site out of mind. I was getting pretty low on my VT supply tho. still so much of the other stuff. I got to just start giving this stuff away or something lol

Mixman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For what its worth, I have been buying Heartland this year and all the shipments are timely, great quality and competitively priced. Good luck.

Zombiewoof

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just a note. I got 1 liter of 100mg heartlandvape shipped to my door for $45. It should be here today.

I like to look for sales. I'm new to vaping let alone DIY liquid so I hope I didn't mess up.
I bought the same thing in September when they had a sale. I think even then I paid about the same shipped. I find it peppery when I first mix, but it mellows out after a quick hot water steep. I don't taste it all after that, what I mean by hot H2O steep is, really hot tap water in a container, let the juice bottle sit in it until it get's to room temp. Do it again. I shake the living piss out of it first. then let it sit for about 30 minutes. I shake the crap outta it after I do the quick steep and when it settles it's good to go. Nice clean taste, no peppery nastiness. I put up a bunch in amber bottles in the original carton in my freezer and have one 8oz bottle that I work with...um that'll probably last me until next year 'cause I make my juice at around 3 or 4 %. Enjoy, and vape on!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all, I was wondering if any have tried vaporstek throat hit nicotine and how it compares to their premium nicotine. I love the premium, but the throat hit is amazingly cheaper. I have been what I consider a lucky one with purchasing nicotine and only bc of reading through the VU forum threads. Vaporstek was so highly recommended it has been my only brand purchased. FYI I did recently receive a 15 ml. Sample from nude nicotine and found their nicotine to be comparable to vaporstek, very smooth.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Personally, I find the TH nic to be pretty mild, but I prefer TH. It's still flavorless IMO and is crystal clear. Hard to pass up at that price.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nicotine is a bitter tasting alkaloid how one disguises it must be the answer to either wanting bitter or no bitter

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all, I was wondering if any have tried vaporstek throat hit nicotine and how it compares to their premium nicotine. I love the premium, but the throat hit is amazingly cheaper. I have been what I consider a lucky one with purchasing nicotine and only bc of reading through the VU forum threads. Vaporstek was so highly recommended it has been my only brand purchased. FYI I did recently receive a 15 ml. Sample from nude nicotine and found their nicotine to be comparable to vaporstek, very smooth.

Mine arrived yesterday, and I'm very impressed. I mixed up 3mg in my adv and compared it with one mixed with their regular nic - I could tell no difference at my nic level!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine arrived yesterday, and I'm very impressed. I mixed up 3mg in my adv and compared it with one mixed with their regular nic - I could tell no difference at my nic level!
My god maybe @AmandaD you are being purged of your clean Nic obsession.. :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, thank you Huck and Amanda. Good to know. I'm getting low. I love you guys for your input. It has saved me $$$ for sure!! Thank You!! Time, you say it's the same nicotine, just old. Can you clarify that to me?

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I prefer Liquid Barns USA nicotine for my DIY. Anyone else tried it?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, thank you Huck and Amanda. Good to know. I'm getting low. I love you guys for your input. It has saved me $$$ for sure!! Thank You!! Time, you say it's the same nicotine, just old. Can you clarify that to me?

Sorry, I didn't come back till now.

I'm not sure what you mean by clarify. The TH nic is the same chemnovatic nic. It's sold at a discount because it's oxidized(old). But, you don't have to take my word for it. You can ask Kevin at VT. It used to be stated on the website that it's the same nic. I'm not sure what marketing is being used now.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, I didn't come back till now.

I'm not sure what you mean by clarify. The TH nic is the same chemnovatic nic. It's sold at a discount because it's oxidized(old). But, you don't have to take my word for it. You can ask Kevin at VT. It used to be stated on the website that it's the same nic. I'm not sure what marketing is being used now.
Thanks Time! That's what I thought you meant, but wasn't sure. I guess that makes sense with the $$ difference in the 2.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I suppose it depends on what you consider old. Mine had a June date on it. No, it wasn't mixed yesterday, but it wasn't from last year.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suppose it depends on what you consider old. Mine had a June date on it. No, it wasn't mixed yesterday, but it wasn't from last year.

It's either old or has been mishandled during the storing/mixing process. Either way, it's oxidized.

VT gets his nic from chemnovatic who is just a retailer in EU that has to get it from someone else so I'm guessing that June date is VT's and does not reflect how long chemnovatic had the nic or the shipping from there to him. It's a long chain from the manufacturer to a supplier to chemnovatic to VT to you.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I specifically order the TH nic for a reason. Though it's a mild TH, it's still crystal clear, odorless, tasteless and makes good vapes. I prefer a nic with a bit of TH. Doesn't hurt that it costs quite a bit less.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I specifically order the TH nic for a reason. Though it's a mild TH, it's still crystal clear, odorless, tasteless and makes good vapes. I prefer a nic with a bit of TH. Doesn't hurt that it costs quite a bit less.

There's nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with saving money. I haven't told anybody not to buy it. I just think they should know what they're buying. People usually try to avoid letting their nic oxidize so they should be aware if they are buying nic that has already started.

You would think VT would be honest about it rather than using a marketing gimmick and calling it "Throat Hit" though. :confused:

I'm not a fan of deceptive sales practices.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use Heartland because they are in my neck of the woods, cheap and the quality has been reliably good so far, but I was wanting to try Nude Nicotine's new "Nude Armor v2.0 packaged and sealed for long term storage and frequent use". It was a little too expensive for my tastes, but they were having a sale at the same time my credit card was offering a one time $20 credit on purchases over $50 this weekend. So it worked out where I was able to pick up 3 - 120ml bottles of 100mg solution for $36 (shipping included), after all was said and done.

Not the best deal I've had, but I have to see how this supposed new packaging works out in the long run. I hate it when my nic base starts to oxidize. Keeping it in the freezer helps a lot, but it doesn't stop it altogether, once there is a sizable percentage of airspace in the bottle.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Need nic nuh-nuh-now, so I'm buying off suggestions from this thread only.

Going to avoid the TH. While I like how VT says where they get their nic, it's impossible to pass up Heartland's $44 quart. So freezing works, at least a little. Will look for other tricks after I put the order in.

Sticking with Essential Depot's VG and PG from Amazon. Cheap. And I've been using them since before vaping was a thing.

Thanks guys.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah ... a hipster, eh? :D

Best to you on your purchases and have fun with DIY!

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought 120ml's of the Vapers Tek TH based on some reviews and the great price. It may add the slightest bit of "kick", but VERY minimal in my opinion. And as a former smoker, I don't mind a little throat hit one bit. I am using it it HIC's extra smooth tiramisu right now, and it works just fine.

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nvm

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vendors have certain rules to follow, so it looks like he's self moderating, LOL.

I don't think the post violated any rules. It was more of a,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,um,,,,,,,,,,,personal nature. I don't think I'll be getting a Christmas card from Kevin. :D

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
no lets hear it
i want the questions answered up front
cuz im considering ordering a liter of TH nic

Huck sent me a smaple and it was fine for me
no difference in taste
but i believe time has been saying and forgive me if I have you mixed up with someone else that the TH nic is oxidized and basically OLD nic that is way past its prime or something to that effect.

SO I would love once and for all for @vaporstek to clear this up for us all

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
no difference in taste

At $25/liter, AND having vaped and liked it, why wait? I can't imagine that's a permanent price, so I grabbed more myself. Regardless of price, I wouldn't buy it if VT wasn't the best nic I've vaped. Life's too short for crappy vapes, you know? Once you've found nic that pleases you, why not stock up.

I use the VG based and have multiple bottles of the "throat hit" and "premium" VT nic. My partner claims to notice a difference when vaping unflavored, 18mg/ml nic strength, TH versus premium, side by side. We're both completely happy with VT's vg-based "throat hit" for all DIY recipes -- and (also important to note) we were NOT happy with any of the other brands after comparing to VT. It's surprising what a difference nic can make with the flavor of your finished product!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At $25/liter, AND having vaped and liked it, why wait? I can't imagine that's a permanent price, so I grabbed more myself. Regardless of price, I wouldn't buy it if VT wasn't the best nic I've vaped. Life's too short for crappy vapes, you know? Once you've found nic that pleases you, why not stock up.

I use the VG based and have multiple bottles of the "throat hit" and "premium" VT nic. My partner claims to notice a difference when vaping unflavored, 18mg/ml nic strength, TH versus premium, side by side. We're both completely happy with VT's vg-based "throat hit" for all DIY recipes -- and (also important to note) we were NOT happy with any of the other brands after comparing to VT. It's surprising what a difference nic can make with the flavor of your finished product!
My experience also. Much better than my WL nic, and the price is terrific!

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no lets hear it
i want the questions answered up front

no difference in taste
but i believe time has been saying and forgive me if I have you mixed up with someone else that the TH nic is oxidized and basically OLD nic that is way past its prime or something to that effect.

SO I would love once and for all for @vaporstek to clear this up for us all

He didn't say anything about the nic. Pretty much just bitched about me telling people what it is.

Wouldn't it be nice if he just said what it was on his webpage instead of using a gimmick label? Then we wouldn't have to go through this every time someone asked about it.

Last edited:

Arlongkpr

Member For 4 Years
That is an insane amount.. of nic solutions hm.. a great deal.. but i would have no way to store that much before i would use it all :(

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
storage is my primary concern about it

I already have 1 liter of premium vt and 1 liter of nicselect in the freezer now

That will last me maybe 4 years. So if I add a liter of TH to that will it last long enough in the freezer to be good in 4 years?

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I already have 1 liter of premium vt and 1 liter of nicselect in the freezer now
That will last me maybe 4 years.

My new 1-liter 100mg/ml will last at least 2 years between the both of us. If it was just me, turning it into 3mg/ml... 9 years.

The Heartland liter came last week. I balked at paying 9 bucks to ship a $45 item, so I bought some VG and PG to get free shipping.
It's all in the freezer, and it will be months before I can try it.

If Kevin comes back and reads this...

For budgetary reasons, I couldn't justify paying VT prices for a normal liter, but very much appreciate that you include the source. TH was tempting, although looking at the price difference between Chemnovatic nics, my initial thought was "OK, what's wrong with it?" If VT had offered an explanation and listed expiration dates between TH and regular, I might have tried TH.

There is one more factor: Marketing-alert bells went off in my brain. (Wait, what creates the throat hit?) Even the slightest hint of spin makes me sad. I'm inhaling this stuff, so I did as much reading as I could, in the time I had, and went with HV. My only pre-taste regret with HV is that I don't know what THEIR source is. But like I posted here earlier, I was narrowing down companies based solely on this thread.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chemnovatic is just a supplier. Like VT. Not a manufacturer. Chemnovatic does not disclose which of the handful of companies that extract USP grade nicotine it gets it's nicotine from.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors